Bleach Sakura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meili Bankai Request - Shizukesa no Raiu [Serenity of the Thunder Storm]

2 posters

Go down

Meili Bankai Request - Shizukesa no Raiu [Serenity of the Thunder Storm] Empty Meili Bankai Request - Shizukesa no Raiu [Serenity of the Thunder Storm]

Post by Meili Yan Baozhai Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:16 am

Threads:
Noble Meet Up, 202X [FINISHED THREAD]

Smol Squad Fun, 202X [DEAD THREAD]

Training Thread, First Shikai Release, 202X [FINISHED THREAD]

Meeting a Quincy, 202X [DEAD THREAD]

Ring of Fire, Noble Chaos, 202X [FINISHED THREAD]

Escape the Chaos, RoF Sequel, 202X [FINISHED SOLO THREAD]

Fall from Heavens, post RoF, First Bankai Release, 202X [ONGOING THREAD]

Under the Shadow's Wing, 202X [ONGOING THREAD]

Release Description: When released, the sky darkens with thick and heavy storm clouds. Rain pours from the storm clouds as thunder and lightning streak across the sky, and a single bolt of lightning strikes Meili upon release. Meili’s aura of lightning from her Shikai internalizes, as she herself becomes Lightning. Her clothes turn a stark and pure white, with yellow undertones and accents. Her hair sparks and crackles and seems to have a life of its own. Her gauntlets shatter as her hands become draconic claws, her feet have also become draconic in nature.

Release Ability: Shizukesa no Raiu gives Meili a speed boost as she has become Lightning itself. All of her physical strikes are now electrical in nature. Her movements are followed by the loud *boom* of thunder. As a result of her speed boost, she can only move in straight lines. She also gains the ability to *see* electrical currents, in both the land, the sky, and in organics.

The Story:

Meili started her journey as a fun loving young woman. Her and the other Nobles originally made a goal, a shared plan to use their combined might to make the Gotei a better place, for everyone. However, it soon became apparent that the plan Meili had, was different from the one others had. But this was still oblivious to the young woman, who was getting trained by the very person who would eventually betray them all. Things progressed naturally, Meili eventually gaining her Shikai, graduating from the Academy, and being placed into the 2nd division in an unseated position. She even became head of her Noble Clan.

However, soon the betrayal struck, as one night in October of 202X, her dear friend, Yuki Kameko, had her estate set ablaze. The perpetrator? The very same person whom Meili had been trusting since the beginning, Watari Suzumei, along with his sister, Reika Suzumei. Together they had orchestrated a coup of the Gotei, supplanting the Commander and other loyalist Shinigami, starting a brief Civil War with the Noble clans. The Baozhai took the fall, as Meili and Yuki fought against Reika, losing and then feeling to the World of the Living, where the two have been living in exile ever since. It was here, where Meili would try to find her own strength, finally having her Bankai revealed to her.
Meili Yan Baozhai
Meili Yan Baozhai

Back to top Go down

Meili Bankai Request - Shizukesa no Raiu [Serenity of the Thunder Storm] Empty Re: Meili Bankai Request - Shizukesa no Raiu [Serenity of the Thunder Storm]

Post by Meridith Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:26 pm

I'm forgoing the usual grading process but I thought I might offer some feedback. I love the overall narrative, we have this betrayal, we have a sizable cast, we have people bouncing off one anothers motives but in the thread of attainment I feel like there is a real lost opportunity for some drama and pathos. We have a villain, we have a target of her anger, her need for power but the attainment doesn't use that.

That said I do like the idea of not having the attainment be during the big confrontation, like Ichigo had his bankai before he used it in the fight against Byakuya, but I still think you could have used all of that in the thread where it finally appears to sell her motivation!

All that unasked for critique aside, I just wanted to make sure I gave you something in return for the effort of your attempt here.

Approved for Bankai if you want it! Feel free to spice it up/rewrite whatever you wish.

The power and release seem fine, if you'd like to quantify what speed means or how straight lines can work against her, feel free to reach out!

Congratulations!
Meridith
Meridith

Back to top Go down