Bleach Sakura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fall From The Heavens [Meili/Yuki]

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Fall From The Heavens [Meili/Yuki] Empty Fall From The Heavens [Meili/Yuki]

Post by Yuki Kameko Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:20 pm

Reika!

The small wolf woke with a start, sitting up within her bed. A hand raised up to cover her eye while she caught her breath and focused upon her surroundings. The dull chirping of birds outside. A soft mechanical hum. The air conditioning unit, if she recalled.

Earth. It had been a couple of months now since her arrival with Meili. Exiled to the hunting grounds. Word was, they were both wanted criminals. She, who had tried to protect Soul Society, was now hunted by it. Her clan's name was undoubtedly being dragged through the mud. In such a short period of time she'd lost her home, her rank, her friends, and her reputation.

A total defeat. How shameful.

Yuki winced as she pulled herself free from her bed. Sheets dropped and hand lowered as she allowed her gaze to drift across her naked form. So many new scars had been earned on that day, each a reminder of her failure. Some of them still hurt, but one more than the others. A hand lifted, a finger traced along the faint scar situated center mass.

She still couldn't figure it out. Reika's turn had been so sudden! At least, it had been from her point of view. One moment they were friends. In the next, Reika had taken everything dear to her, including her trust.

This is why we don't trust others.

Katsumi and Kokoro had returned to their normal selves as well, but Kokoro had grown much quieter. It was a little worrying, but then she had other things to concern herself with. Survival, for one. Also, the promise she'd made to the Quincy. They were still in danger. Would she be forced to fight against her own people? Heck, would she even choose that side?

No. I have time. They are probably too busy.

She made her way over to the closet and removed a silken robe. A bath robe, she believed. Or was it a sleeping robe? Regardless of what it was it was comfortable. Soft. Covered with a pretty bright floral pattern. She didn't need to dress properly yet. In fact, she didn't even know what their plans were today, or where Meili had gone off to. After tying off the robe's sash she ventured forth from the room. She was still getting used to her new accommodations.

Last edited by Yuki Kameko on Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yuki Kameko
Yuki Kameko

Meili Yan Baozhai and Reika Suzumei like this post

Back to top Go down

Fall From The Heavens [Meili/Yuki] Empty Re: Fall From The Heavens [Meili/Yuki]

Post by Meili Yan Baozhai Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:35 pm

Two months.

Two months ago, it was October, and the seasons were just starting to turn. Not a drop of snow on the ground. Two months ago, Meili Yan Baozhai, head of the Baozhai clan, had sat pretty on her pedestal, one that she had so rightfully earned. And now, here in the World of the Living, where the first snowfall had started just a few days ago, Meili lived in exile.

But at least she wasn't alone. No, far from it. Thirty retainers, all from the Bingwen family had followed, along with a few medics from the Yan family, along with Meili's one true friend, Yuki. Though, Yuki had more come out of their own free will, as they had been unconscious at the time.

However, even in exile, Meili was still a Shinigami. Despite the pleading of her retainers, Meili did what she could to help clear out the Hollow population in the area. Each time she got close to capture, she would return to their safehouse, and order a full move to a new one. Not that the Baozhai were lacking safe houses, but each time their supplies dwindled. What had been thirty retainers, was now only down to ten.

The biggest insult, was that Meili was cut off from her vast fortune, so she'd had to get a job in the Human world. Retail they called it. Well, really she worked at a convenience store during the day, then at night she would fight the Hollows.

Though, more recently she'd started disappearing for days on end. One of her retainers had been studying something, and Meili had been overseeing it. If it proved successful, it would be a way for her, and Yuki, to reattain their places in the Gotei, clear their name, and even the playing field with Watari and Reika. Today was one such day that she was returning from overseeing the experiment. Stepping into the safehouse that her and Yuki shared, as her retainers had their own places to avoid all of them being captured at once, she called out for Yuki.

"Yuki! You awake yet?"
Meili Yan Baozhai
Meili Yan Baozhai

Yuki Kameko likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuki Kameko Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:32 pm

Must be out still.

She had been disappearing, sometimes for days on end. Meili had been quite busy. Most of the time Yuki had simply spent recovering. It had been quiet. Lonely. Boring, even. Much of her time was spent with Kokoro and Katsumi. At least she had them, but then things had changed between them too. A different air. Not as aggressive, but part of her was quieter now.

There weren't as many aches anymore however. She felt ready to venture out into the world. To hunt! To grow stronger! To correct things! Of course she had to be careful too. Doing whatever she wanted was selfish now that she lived with another person.

Ears twitched as a door swung open. Meili's voice. Yuki stepped out into the hall, leaning against one of the walls. A Arms crossed over her chest. She cast her friend a casual nod. The robes didn't cover much, but they covered enough in the moment. Not that she cared. She doubted Meili cared either.

"Welcome back."

There it was. Meili's scent. Good. It wasn't some illusion. She had to be more careful these days. An imposter was certainly possible for those who reigned in the other world. It was a trick Watari would certainly favor, right?

"It's good to see you back in one piece. Run into any problems?"

Her tail swung just a bit behind her. She was happy. Why wouldn't she be?
Yuki Kameko
Yuki Kameko

Meili Yan Baozhai likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Meili Yan Baozhai Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:50 pm

Meili gave a yawn as she tiredly walked over to Yuki, wrapping her arms around the small pup. Emphasis on small. In the two months since they'd ran from the Soul Society, Meili seemed to have hit a bit of a growth spurt. Even with Yuki's ears, she was now a whole head taller than the wolf. Meili had gone through a few Gigai in the process, each one getting used up in a matter of days.

"No trouble at all, this time."

She would gently rub at Yuki's back, taking in the wolf's scent with every fiber of her being. Something else had changed in Meili recently, though this happened before the exile. She'd started to notice Yuki more, see her as more than a friend. However, with all the chaos, she was afraid to make any moves, as not only did she not want to ruin their friendship, but she didn't want to do anything that could jeopardize either of them.

"Chang has been doing his normal research, and I've been watching over him, making sure he doesn't both give our position away, and that he's not blowing anything up."

She told a half truth to Yuki in this instance. She didn't want Yuki to know just exactly what the research was, on the off chance that Yuki would shun Meili for it. In truth, Meili didn't truly know what the research was, just that if successful, it could make both of them stronger than Watari could ever dream.
Meili Yan Baozhai
Meili Yan Baozhai

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuki Kameko Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:06 pm

Slender arms curled around her petite frame. Hands grasped at the silk covering her lower back. Suddenly Yuki found herself close to her good friend. Very close. She leaned in, pulling the girl against herself or, rather, herself against the girl. Meili certainly had grown since their arrival on Earth!

That wasn't all though. She had taken notice of certain changes within the girl. Idle glances. Light touches. Little things, but obvious enough to her. It was pretty clear that Meili had become just a bit more attached to her than she'd ever anticipate. Perhaps it was due to the isolation together, or perhaps simply because they had almost lost one another. Whatever the reason they had grown much closer to one another, and this had certainly rubbed off a bit more upon the young Baozhai.

"That's good to hear" she mumbled, resting her head against the girl's chest. Truth be told she didn't know how to feel about it. She was definitely flattered. There had been far more pressing matters on her mind as of late, but in this moment she found these issues lingering. They hadn't said anything, hadn't brought it up in conversation, hadn't really faced it at all.

She was okay with this. It was nice. Yuki enjoyed this closeness that they shared. Perhaps, after the betrayal and all the heartbreak, she yearned for it. But what would she say if they did confront it? What might she do? Heck, what was the best answer here?

You want another Reika on your hands?

She lifted her gaze to meet Meili's. Research. Right. She didn't even know what it was for, but she figured it had something to do with her family's affairs. Why bother her about it? She trusted Meili. Okay, she was curious, yes, but perhaps the less she knew the better.

"I assume he's been doing fine based on the fact that we aren't currently packing everything up."
Yuki Kameko
Yuki Kameko

Back to top Go down

Post by Meili Yan Baozhai Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:19 pm

Meili gave a gentle chuckle at Yuki, before pulling away and walking over to the fridge. Their safe house wasn't very big, as is the nature of safe houses, and despite it being two stories, the ground floor was barely nothing more than a living room with a kitchen attachment, while the top floor was just a bedroom with a bathroom. With this safe house, Meili had opted to sleep on the couch and give Yuki the bedroom, as Yuki needed a comfortable sleeping space much more than Meili did. Plus Meili hadn't been doing a whole lot of sleeping these past couple of months, what with her work, as well as her hunting, then the research, sleep just couldn't be added to the schedule as often as she'd like. There were days when she'd just crash wherever she was.

"Yeah, the research is doing just fine. No explosions this time, though he was pretty close to one."

She casually opened the fridge as she spoke, pulling out one of the bottles of orange juice, grabbing a glass from the cupboard, and pouring the OJ into it. She casually smiled towards Yuki before taking a swig of the drink, setting the glass onto the counter and returning the bottle to the fridge.

"I can feel that he's close to a breakthrough. He can too. There's just...something that we're missing, but neither of us know what it is..."

At this point, Meili's spirit decided to manifest in a much smaller form. For a couple of weeks now, Raimei had been choosing to manifest in the physical world, rather than in a form that only Meili could see. However, each and every time, Meili could only giggle at the dragon, as whenever they did manifest, instead of their truly regal and majestic draconic form, they would manifest as a small, black and yellow lizard that was barely bigger than Meili's palm.

"I know what you're missing child, however I refuse to say it, as its nature is taboo."

The lizard was perched against the glass that Meili had just set down, and flicked it's tongue out like a true lizard. She would turn her head, offering a long blink towards Yuki.

"And hello little Wolf Pup. I hope you are doing well."
Meili Yan Baozhai
Meili Yan Baozhai

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuki Kameko Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:42 pm

Her grip loosened, allowing the Baozhai her freedom. The pup's tail curled around her leg. She already missed the warmth. Perhaps in her isolation she had become needier than she'd thought, like the days before she had managed to make so many friends. Had the betrayal really hit her this hard? What else had been damaged?

Explosions. Worrisome.

No, no. No. It was fine. They were fine! Meili would be fine. She knew what she was doing. And she had other people who also knew what they were doing! She wasn't alone. Yuki wasn't her only ally here. That was something she really needed to keep in mind. They still had a noble family.

She eyed the glass. Food was still a weird thing here on Earth. Yuki didn't really need to eat much and, given their survival mode, she had refrained as such. Few things had been touched within the fridge in Meili's absence. Mostly she sufficed with tap water when the mood hit her. Draining the girl's resources now while they were in such a predicament wasn't something she wanted to risk.

"Perhaps I could assist?"

How? She didn't know. Heck, she didn't even know what, specifically, it was! But she wanted to be helpful. She wanted to do something!

Raimei appeared, taking on the guise of a small lizard. Meili's spirit. An interesting sight. Adorable, too. Even so she attempted to appear regal. Just a little lizard. Still, it was more than her own spirits could do.

I could devour it.

Scratch that, more than she'd allow them to do.

Does she really?

Yuki lowered her head respectfully as she was addressed. "It is Yuki. And I am doing well, thank you for asking. How are you doing?"

Last edited by Yuki Kameko on Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yuki Kameko
Yuki Kameko

Back to top Go down

Post by Meili Yan Baozhai Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:55 pm

Raimei scurried off of the glass of orange juice, deciding to perch themselves on the sink faucet, so that they could be somewhat eye level with the two girls. The 'dragon' gave a long stare towards Yuki, before casually flicking her tongue.

"My apologies Yuki. And I am doing well, thank you. Now, as for you child Meili..."

The 'dragon' turned her attention back to her actual partner.

"I know exactly what it is you are missing for your...highly dangerous experiments, however I cannot and will not tell you what it is until you can either fully manifest my true power that lies hidden within you...or until you are on death's doorstep, in which case it will be too late for you anyways and would do no harm in telling you."

Meili grew a bit of a pout at Raimei's stubbornness, but took another sip of the orange juice before setting it back down.

"I've been doing a lot of training Raimei, we both know that. But the Hollow around here are all small fry, so I never even have to use my Shikai to stop them."

Raimei gave a bit of a hiss at that, hopping off of the faucet before scurrying over to crawl along Meili's arm and perch onto her shoulder. She would gently bite at Meili's earlobe, causing Meili to give a bit of a squeak in pain, before the lizard started to evaporate and disappear back to Meili's inner world.

"Damn lizard...sorry about that Yuki."

Meili would rub at her earlobe a little before finishing her glass of juice and setting the glass in the sink.

"Speaking of Hollow..."

She would toss something towards Yuki, a small cellphone. "I got you one of the Soul Phones that I've been using to keep track of the Hollow's movements, in case you ever want to go hunting again. Just..."

Meili would move to scratch at the back of her neck, a soft blush forming on her face.

"Be careful...I don't want you coming back even more hurt than you already were."
Meili Yan Baozhai
Meili Yan Baozhai

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuki Kameko Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:25 am

Yuki's gaze followed the little reptile while it relocated to a more appropriate perch. Her head tilted forward slightly in acceptance of the apology. Not that it was really required, of course, but Raimei was making such an effort that it felt disrespectful not to follow in kind. Besides, it was just good manners.

It is very cute.

No, it is food.

Could one even eat a Zanpakuto? She shook the thought from her mind, attention snapping between the two. Highly dangerous experiments? An explosion was dangerous, sure, but this gave her the feeling that something more was going on. It was bad enough that Raimei wouldn't even give her information unless she was nearly dead! A hint of concern leaked into her expression.

She is hiding something very important from you.

Katsumi was right for once. How strange was that? Agreeing with that monster! But it was the truth. Still, would bringing it up be helpful? Or would it hurt what they had now?

Ask her. She'll understand.

Kokoro? It's good to hear your voice.

It was admittedly a little amusing when Raimei scampered forth and nipped at her friend's ear. She couldn't imagine Katsumi being that gentle if she got out. "It is fine" she replied, lifting her hands to catch the device which was tossed her way. A moment was taken to look the phone over. She had forgotten that others typically used these things. Still, it was a useful backup.

"Thank you."

Meili was right. Most of the Hollows here were pretty weak. She didn't mind leaving those to the Humans, or to trainee Shinigami when they made their way down. Hunting with Meili might be fun too, even weaker Hollows. She smiled, tail wagging softly behind her at both the thought and Meili's flustered, slightly worried expression.

"I won't. You too. If I had known these experiments were highly dangerous then I would have asked to tag along sooner. Am I allowed to know what they are yet?"

Moving closer, Yuki reached out to grasp one of Meili's hands in her own, squeezing softly. "If you want to keep it a secret then that is fine. I trust you. But it does worry me. I have lost enough as it is. Losing you would be too much."
Yuki Kameko
Yuki Kameko

Back to top Go down

Post by Meili Yan Baozhai Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:01 pm

Meili's face turned a bright shade of crimson when Yuki grasped at her hand. Meili was young, so she'd never had any experiences with love. However, in her heart, she knew that this feeling that welled up inside of her whenever she saw Yuki, felt her, or was close to her...it was a form of love. She just didn't know what kind it was just yet. It didn't help that Yuki's words made Meili's heart flutter, and her words to catch in her throat.

She would turn her head a little, offering a gentle cough to attempt to clear her throat and find the words she needed to say, but could only manage a simple, "I know...", that sounded much higher pitched than Meili's normal voice, and seemed to have trouble coming out. She would slowly pull her hand out from Yuki's grip, the blush still present upon her face as she stared at Yuki, smiling a stupid grin before being brought back to reality by a loud beeping alarm coming from their Soul Phones.

"Oh...well then, it seems that a Hollow has been spotted..."

She casually cleared her throat as she spoke, offering a gentle smile towards Yuki as she pulled her phone out. While the Soul Phones of the past had been older flip phones, the newer models were generic looking smart phones, with Meili's being housed in a blue case with a lotus flower design.

"Wanna go kill it with me? See if your injuries are all healed up?"
Meili Yan Baozhai
Meili Yan Baozhai

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuki Kameko Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:33 pm

There it was. That bright flash of red! It was pretty cute. Cute enough in fact that it caused the wolf's cheeks to also gain the faintest hints of pink. Of course at this range she could hear Meili's heart. Gosh was it beating quick! And that squeak in her voice! It brought a smile to Yuki's lips.

She is cute.

Very cute!

It's a trick.

When Meili pulled her hand free Yuki drew her own back close to herself. Behind her the little Shinigami's tail wagged swiftly, threatening to make a mess of anything within range of it. Whatever this was, it was nice. Needed, perhaps, after everything that had happened to the two of them.

A beeping noise interrupted their moment. She raised her own phone, claws carefully working over the screen. Slowly. Technology wasn't really her thing, but she would try to use it for Meili's sake. Thankfully the girl was much better with this sort of thing. She had an answer for what it was, and with that Yuki lowered the device.

Again her question had been avoided. It was fine. She really did trust the young Baozhai. If there was something serious then she would be told about it.

Would she? Would she really tell you?

"Sure. That might be fun."

Turning away, Yuki worked on the sash of her silken robe. She hurried up the stairs, dropping the thin gown down behind her to be caught by her tail. There was no time to lose! Thankfully her robes had been sewn up and cleaned up enough, not that it would matter too much to her. Hunting was more important, especially now. She was on Earth. Why not make herself more useful? And better still, why not do so with a friend?

It only took her a couple of minutes before she returned down the stairs, dressed again within her classic black robes. A nod was cast towards Meili. This was her hunt. Yuki would be along for the ride.

"After you."
Yuki Kameko
Yuki Kameko

Back to top Go down

Post by Meili Yan Baozhai Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:14 pm

Meili gave a smile towards Yuki, setting her soul phone down before walking over to a drawer near the fridge. Pulling the drawer open, Meili would rummage around inside of it for a few seconds, before pulling out what she needed. A soul candy dispenser. She'd been in her Gigai all night, mostly to avoid detection as she was well aware that the Soul Society was most likely looking for them, but also because it was easier to move around in this form. While in the house, they didn't have to worry, because the house's walls were layered with Sekkiseki stone, making detection all but impossible.

While Yuki headed upstairs, dropping her robe and, hopefully unintentionally, giving Meili a view of her rear, Meili would pop the soul candy into her mouth, her spiritual form separating from her Gigai, with the Gigai taking on an entirely new persona, that of a stoic young woman. After fleeing the Soul Society, Meili had forgone the standard Shihakusho that was expected for Shinigami, and instead she wore a form-fitting blue Qipao, the skirt ending just above her knees, so that she had ease of access to her Zanpakuto which was strapped to her left thigh.

When Yuki returned, Meili gave a gentle smile as she pulled her soul phone back out. She pulled up an app on the phone, the app being called 'Hollow Tracker', not a very creative name but who was Meili to complain to at this point, and started looking at the map through the app. Several dots were scattered throughout the map, all of them of varying intensities, but none of the dots indicated that the Hollows were above their base evolution, with a few of them even being Demi Hollows, fresh Hollow that had just formed.

"OK Yuki, so it appears that there are about 5 Hollow nearby. Unfortunately, we can't take all of them, as that would just be too suspicious. However, we can take two of them."

As she spoke, she had started to show the app to Yuki, so that she could follow along and see exactly what she was talking about.
Meili Yan Baozhai
Meili Yan Baozhai

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuki Kameko Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:12 pm

Had she intended to give the girl a peek? No. Not really. She was just shameless. But a view she had been granted! Not that she'd be terribly upset, of course.

A moment was taken to look over Meili. The signature black robes of a Shinigami did work well with the girl, but this new look was admittedly much more fitting. She needed to be quick and flexible. It certainly offered that.

Also it just looked very nice.

While she did have access to a Gigai it was not something she liked to utilize. It limited her combat capabilities. Also, replacing it would be a pain given their current situation. No, she was fine with going out as she was. If they really wanted to arrest her then they could give it their best shot! She was not about to hide!

Well, okay, technically she was hiding. Literally she was hiding at home. But her intention wasn't to hide, it was to recuperate! Besides, it was more for Meili's sake. She didn't want to get her into more trouble. Hiding meant she could avoid this most of the time.

Keep telling yourself that, but we both know the truth.

It is important to keep low right now.

Agreed. But it is still an act of cowardice.

She is looking out for her friend!

She wouldn't need to if she were alone!

There it was. It was almost refreshing. Both of them were back. Katsumi seemed to be taking the lead more these days, but Kokoro was still there. It was very good news. For some time she had thought that she'd lost the kind-hearted spirit.

"Only two?"

Making her way over, Yuki stood close in order to steal a glance at the phone. While it was true that they could split up and hit more than two she knew it'd be simply too dangerous. They were being hunted, after all. Right now it was best to stick together whenever possible. Still, that didn't mean they couldn't make themselves more useful.

"We will hunt the strongest two. Leave the others for trainee Shinigami."

Or spiritually aware Humans. Quincy too. Weaker Hollows meant ones which did not feast upon as many souls. It meant less souls lost in the event that they were destroyed. Besides, it just felt better taking the bigger threats away from Soul Society. Leaving them with the smaller ones sent a message: the two of them were still alive, still active, still protecting people, and still enough of a threat that hunting them was the wrong choice to make.
Yuki Kameko
Yuki Kameko

Back to top Go down

Post by Meili Yan Baozhai Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:52 pm

Meili gave a smirk to her wolfen friend. "Of course we're going to hunt the strongest. We may be exiles, but we're still going to be training to be able to return and retake our places in the Gotei." She spoke a half truth there. In reality, Meili had little intention of retaking their place. She sought reform. The treachery of Watari and Reika opened her eyes to the corruption of the other Nobles. The Gotei had to be rebuilt from the ground up, with little influence from the Nobles, Meili included. Hence why part of her goal was to end the Baozhai family's Nobility.

Walking over to the door, Meili would open the door, revealing the outside world to the two young women. Stepping out into the cold, winter air. Snow lined the ground, and a cold breeze came in from the North. Meili knew she was very poorly dressed for this kind of weather, but at the same time, she didn't care. She'd warm up in the heat of combat.

Pulling her Soul Phone out again, she would pull up the map, trying to pinpoint which of the Hollows were the strongest. According to the data provided, the strongest of them was on the far side of the city, with the second strongest being just a couple blocks away.

"OK Yuki, I'll let you pick which one we take first. Strongest one is further away, but would easily provide a little more of a challenge."
Meili Yan Baozhai
Meili Yan Baozhai

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuki Kameko Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:29 pm

Meili's grin was returned with a smile and a thumbs up from the smaller Shinigami. This was also training. That's right. Getting her body back up to one hundred percent! They would return someday. Return to fix what had been broken. And when they did? Nobody would stop them.

A chilled breeze swept through the door as it was opened up. Yuki followed close behind her friend, unaffected by the weather. She was used to hunting in these conditions. Her body was also naturally a little warmer. It didn't really bother her. In fact, if anything, it felt kind of pleasant!

Besides, this was a welcomed change regardless. She had been cooped up within the house for the most part since their arrival on Earth. Now she had a chance to get out and stretch her legs! To hunt!

Hair and tail and robes fluttered behind her. Eye closed while she sniffed at the air. She caught the scent of a Hollow. It probably wasn't too far from their current position, but then the winds could carry it far in this weather. Still, this was Meili's hunt. She was along for the ride.

"Whichever is closest. Lead the way."
Yuki Kameko
Yuki Kameko

Back to top Go down

Post by Meili Yan Baozhai Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:24 pm

With a smirk, Meili would put her Soul Phone into the pouch strapped to her thigh, while at the same time she started walking up into the air, forming small, invisible reishi platforms as she was taught at the Academy.

"OK Yuki, let's go on a hunt then."

Holding her smirk, she would start running towards the last known location of the closest Hollow. It only took them about 15 minutes to get there, before coming face to face with an octopus-like Hollow, which had been getting ready to devour some pluses. Without hesitation, Meili would shunpo towards the Hollow, readying a punch as well, moving in a way that would knock the pluses out of the Hollow's grip.

"You know Mr Tako, if you're looking for something to eat, I hear there's a good Vegan restaurant down the street."

"Quips...really child?"

Raimei had decided to critique Meili's introduction, which caused the young girl to grow a small scowl. However, she had no time to counter as the Hollow gave off a roar, before swinging a few tentacles down towards Meili.
Meili Yan Baozhai
Meili Yan Baozhai

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuki Kameko Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:21 am

Following along behind Meili, the two soon found themselves higher up off the ground and on their way towards the first hunt! Her tail wagged swiftly behind her. This wasn't just the first hunt in a while: this was a hunt with Meili! She was excited to see how the girl would fare! To see her in action! And also just to share an experience like this.

It didn't take them too long to catch up to the first Hollow. An octopus type. Already it was in the process of attaining a meal. Thankfully Meili was right onto the task at hand. Swift punches deflected the creature's limbs. With a roar it swung in again.

Now she decided to get involved, stepping into the path of the strikes. A hand grasped upon the handle of her sword. She drew in a mouthful of that crisp, chilled air. With a satisfying metallic sound her blade flew free from the sheathe, bisecting the tentacles which had fell towards the small group.

You didn't go for the kill?

"I'll cover them. Feel free to finish this one. I am still warming up."

A half-truth. She was, sort of. Of course she didn't need it, didn't even feel the need for it, but Meili could enjoy the fruits of this expedition. She didn't mind. Yuki had hunted plenty herself. There would be more. Besides, a blade helped more against a foe of this sort, at least for protection duties.
Yuki Kameko
Yuki Kameko

Back to top Go down

Post by Meili Yan Baozhai Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:33 am

Meili gave a smile towards Yuki, and in her battle-hazed mind, said a truth that she hadn't yet wanted to reveal that she hoped wouldn't end up biting her later. "Thanks Yuki! I could kiss you for that!" Meili didn't even realize she'd said it, and leapt right back into battle. She started to run circles around the Hollow, literally and figuratively, as punch after kick after punch landed upon the foe.

Whenever a tentacle would swing towards Meili, she would leap out of the way. The battle raged for about 10 minutes or so, mostly because Meili's melee attacks weren't doing nearly enough damage to actually kill the Hollow, which wasn't really her goal to begin with. She was toying with the Hollow, trying to find the weak points in its motions. Finally, however, she'd had enough.

Holding her hand out in front of her, Meili would start a chant as yellow energy gathered into her palm. "Sprinkled on the bones of the beast! Sharp tower, red crystal, steel ring. Move and become the wind, stop and become the calm. The sound of warring spears fills the empty castle! Hado #63, Raikoho!" Finishing the chant, the energy formed in her hand would burst forth, as a spear of lightning would pierce through the Hollow's mask, killing it and causing it to dissolve. With a smile, Meili would jump back down to where Yuki was, and still in the middle of her battle-haze, pick the small wolf girl up in a tight bear hug, spinning her around for a couple seconds before realizing what she was doing, and releasing her grip, her face a bright crimson, contrasting her blue dress.
Meili Yan Baozhai
Meili Yan Baozhai

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuki Kameko Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:42 pm

Kiss?

The faintest hint of pink appeared upon her cheeks. Thankfully it was something that one could easily contribute to the chilled environment surrounding them. Still, a kiss? Probably a friendly kiss on the cheek, right? Or perhaps she meant it in jest?

Come on. Even I know what she truly desires.

It's not a bad thing. She wants to be closer!

That definitely is a bad thing.

Meili perhaps didn't even notice what she had said. It was fine. Maybe later she could come back to it. If she wanted, of course. Not that it was bad! It wasn't.

Well look at that, there was still a fight going. For the next ten minutes Meili appeared to play with her food. Or, perhaps, she just didn't have the killing power? Whenever a tentacle moved too close to her, or to one of the pluses, her own blade flashed out, effortlessly removing the threat. And then all at once with a single Kido the young Baozhai finished off the Hollow!

Upon landing nearby the girl picked her up and swung her about in a hug! It was certainly a pleasant position to be in, and she very much enjoyed the gesture. By the time she was settled down her cheeks had regained the same faint pink which had been cast upon them by her earlier statement. A hand lifted up, brushing gently against the girl's cheek.

Was now the time?

Yes, now was definitely the time.

"We can kiss once we're finished and safe at home. Shall we move on to the next one?"
Yuki Kameko
Yuki Kameko

Back to top Go down

Post by Meili Yan Baozhai Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:21 pm

Three things happened in quick succession. Meili gave a gentle nuzzle towards Yuki's warm hand against her cheek, she felt her heart start to flutter uncontrollably at her statement, and her knees nearly gave out as her entire body seemed to blush with happiness, embarrassment, and a deep feeling of love. Despite it being the middle of the day, Meili swore she saw and heard fireworks going off somewhere, but knew that there wasn't any.

"I...uh...m-maybe...yeah...I'd like that..."

Her voice came out a stuttering, whispering mess. She honestly didn't know what to make of the situation, and almost wanted to take Yuki back home right then and there. However, it was Raimei, giving the girl an unconscious tug into her inner world, that broke her out of everything.

"I can only hold you here for a short time...congratulations are in order..."

The great dragon spoke softly. Meili's inner world looked different. What was normally a sea of thunderclouds and rain, was instead a bright and sunny sky, not a raindrop in the sky.

"Perhaps...now that you have something worth fighting for...you can know this..."

The dragon coiled around Meili, shrinking as she did so, so that she could whisper something into Meili's ear.

"Call this out...when you seek true power..."

The dragon's eyes glowed, and Meili was cast back into the real world, as if no time had passed at all. With a renewed vigor, Meili gave a smile towards Yuki, clasping the wolf girl's hand with her own, before giving a nod.

"Yes, we do still have another to hunt, don't we? But before that..."

The young Baozhai released her grasp on Yuki's hand, walking over to the pluses and drawing her Zanpakuto.

"May you find peace in the Soul Society."

She would quickly perform the Konso on the pluses, before walking back over to Yuki, giving another gentle nod.

"Let's go."

Without another word, the girl leapt upwards and started heading towards the next Hollow.
Meili Yan Baozhai
Meili Yan Baozhai

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuki Kameko Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:42 pm

In an instant her hand grew warm. Quite warm. Gosh Meili's face was hot. In fact her entire body appeared to be affected by what she'd just promised! The accelerated beating of her heart. The slight tremble within her legs. The nuzzling of her soft cheek against the wolf's palm. She really wanted that kiss, huh?

She is really cute!

It's an act.

I agree with Kokoro.

With a gentle smile she lowered her hand to her side. Yes. Cute. Definitely cute. Maybe some other things too but, in the moment, this was more appropriate. Also they could focus better on the work this way.

After a moment of what she assumed was Meili basking in the glow of her statement the Baozhai made her way over to tend to the wayward souls. A quick ceremony and they were on their way. Another job well done. The girl's nod was returned with one of her own.

"Agreed. Lead the way."

She could already detect their scents. More Hollows. But this way would be quicker. It would also be great experience for Meili. Besides, she had down an excellent job so far. But then she did have one minor nitpick.

"Ah. Make sure not to hold back too much. It is enjoyable to take your time, but it means other Hollows have more time of their own for hunting. Also it gives Soul Society more time to hunt us. Regardless, a job well done."
Yuki Kameko
Yuki Kameko

Back to top Go down

Post by Meili Yan Baozhai Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:59 am

Meili would playfully roll her eyes as Yuki gave her critiques for the battle. She silently listed to all that the wolf girl said, while also going over what Raimei had told her. Was Meili truly ready for this? Raimei thought so, but did Meili? She didn't really know.

Unlike the first Hollow, which had been relatively close by, the other was much father away. Even at their speeds, it took them nearly 30 minutes to travel across the city. This Hollow, a small cat-like Hollow about the size of Meili herself, hadn't yet found any prey. However...something was off about the Hollow. To Meili, it seemed like it was stalking something. Waiting for someone. However, Meili wouldn't wait around.

Pushing off the ground, Meili leapt towards the Hollow, readying a fist...a fist that was blocked by the Hollow's tail, flicking back Meili as if she were paper, causing Meili to fly back a little, landing back over by Yuki. She didn't know if it was the block, or the flick, but Meili's arm had gone numb. She grasped at her arm as she looked up at the Hollow, and Meili's suspicions were proven correct, as the Hollow turned towards them, and started to speak.

"Ah...purrfect...two young Shinigami, come to die. Perhaps feeding on you two will be enough to advance me to Vasto Lorde."

Meili felt a sense of dread wash over her. Vasto Lorde? She'd read about them in the Academy. Apparently they were the strongest form a Hollow could become, that a single Vasto Lorde was equal to two Captains. Before the Vasto Lorde, were the Adjuchas-class, Hollows that had consumed so many souls, that they had regained a sense of self, and so much more. Meili's mind raced to that night at the Estates. Fear coursed through her, as she remembered seeing Yuki's bloodied body, and could only imagine what this Hollow, now established as an Adjuchas-class, could do to them.
Meili Yan Baozhai
Meili Yan Baozhai

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuki Kameko Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:35 am

I don't believe that she is even listening to you.

It would be fine even if she didn't. Meili was competent! Heck, she probably didn't even need Yuki's assistance out here. Still, if she did take anything from the criticism then hopefully it would help. If not? Then she was confident enough to operate alone, and that would also calm her mind. Win-win, really.

Their trek towards the next Hollow took a solid half hour. Probably not the closest Hollow, but the closest at a level where others might have difficulties fighting against it. There wasn't really a smell of blood, or any signs of a recent battle. No pluses being attacked. Hardly any signs at all, really, save for that which was picked up by the phone. Well, that and her nose.

Worrying enough, the Hollow was small. It looked different overall, really. Sleek. Compressed. It was searching for something. Hunting. Stalking?

Meili was the first one to rush in. A flick of its tail and the young girl was simply tossed away! That was quite troubling. Worse still, it appeared to have affected her friend in some way or another. Heck, it had even started speaking! An intelligent Hollow! That couldn't be good.

"Are you alright, Meili?" she asked, hand grasping upon the handle of her blade. With a simple tug she drew it forth, holding it in front of herself. This thing was to become a Vasto Lorde? Her tail flickered behind her with excitement.

"That means you are pretty strong, huh? You sound pretty fun."

Taking a step forward, the little Shinigami prepared herself for a proper battle. Now this! This was going to be a good workout!
Yuki Kameko
Yuki Kameko

Back to top Go down

Post by Meili Yan Baozhai Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:39 pm

Time seemed to stand still for Meili. Hundreds of thoughts ran through her brain. But the most prominent ones involved running away. She knew in her head that they couldn't fight this foe, not if they were talking about becoming a Vasto Lorde. However, time sped up for a brief second as she heard a voice. "Are you alright, Meili?" Her unfocused eyes regained their luster, the green emeralds shining once again as she briefly shook her head.

"Yeah...yeah...I'm OK Yuki."

Meili reached towards her thigh, unsheathing her blade, before holding it in front of her in a defensive posture. While she knew that the chances of them beating this opponent were small, she also knew that they couldn't leave it alone. Taking a deep breath, Meili focused her eyes onto the Hollow.

"We may have to go all out on this one." She would look over to her wolfen friend, an extremely serious look upon her face. "And I do mean all out. Everything we have." She took another deep breath as she stared back towards the Hollow, moving from the defensive posture, and holding her Zanpakuto parallel to her body. With a gentle smile, she spoke one simple phrase.

"Boom, Raimei!"

Electrical energy burst from her body. Her short hair burst from its ponytails, lengthening to her ankles as two silver gauntlets, covered in yellow gems now clad her arms. An electrical aura surrounded her body, giving off the occasional crackle of energy. Her eyes took on a much more serious look, as without a word, she kicked off from the ground with a burst of speed that she hadn't previously had, her gauntlet-clad fist making contact with the Hollow, causing them to fly backwards a little, before spinning in the air, and landing back on their feet.

"Hmm...impressive little girl...you'll make a fine meal."

The Hollow would open their mouth, and start charging up a sphere of purple energy.
Meili Yan Baozhai
Meili Yan Baozhai

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuki Kameko Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:15 am

Despite her moment of worrying, Meili appeared to be fine. At least, she answered as such! The girl was worried enough to withdraw her blade. Of course, given what they'd learned, she was right to be. An Adjuchus class was difficult enough on its own, but one close to becoming a Vasto Lorde?

She might be right.

Yuki, however, was worried about something else too: losing control. In her Shikai state she couldn't guarantee that she wouldn't. No, she would try to go without it for as long as she could. It wasn't a Vasto lorde yet.

With a burst of electrical energy Meili activated her Shikai. A direct hit from her had sent the Hollow flying back. In that moment Yuki pushed spiritual energy into her legs, into her feet. As the Hollow opened its' mouth and began to charge something up she disappeared, reappearing in the next moment beside the creature's head.

Already her sword was crashing down, aiming for the Hollow's snout. Her aim? Slam its mouth shut and, perhaps, set off or interrupt whatever it was attempting in the moment. Perhaps even crack the mask, if she were strong enough. Right now she wasn't pulling her punches. Not with Meili's life at risk.

I wonder which is stronger: this Hollow or the Captain?
Yuki Kameko
Yuki Kameko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum