Bleach Sakura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Infection, and Truth [Meili/Yuki]

2 posters

Go down

Infection, and Truth [Meili/Yuki] Empty Infection, and Truth [Meili/Yuki]

Post by Meili Yan Baozhai Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:06 pm

Meili awoke with a start, a scream bellowing from her lungs. Some unseen force had stabbed her within her Inner World.

"She can't hear you...not right now anyways..."

What could that possibly have meant...Meili hoped that Raimei was OK...that what had happened had just been a nightmare. Looking around, she would find that she was in her room back at the safe house, and that it was pitch black outside, aside from the street lights. Looking at the clock on the wall, she would see that it was around 2 in the morning, so she would quietly shuffle out of her bed, so that she could stand in front of her wall mirror.

She looked the same as she always did, aside from the new scar that the Captain had given her as they'd fled the Soul Society. Her caramel skin glistened with sweat, and her clothes stuck to her body. She needed a shower.

Grabbing a change of clothes, Meili would start to move towards her door so that she could leave her room.
Meili Yan Baozhai
Meili Yan Baozhai

Yuki Kameko likes this post

Back to top Go down

Infection, and Truth [Meili/Yuki] Empty Re: Infection, and Truth [Meili/Yuki]

Post by Yuki Kameko Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:51 pm

Right!

Steel rung out against steel. Two blades clashed. One blade was angled down, pushed away, and then dragged across the second. A line of sparks followed and, following this, an arc of crimson. A hit!

Hit!

Kokoro danced back, wincing at the cut left against her leg. Yuki followed behind her swiftly, blade spun up to point towards the girl. A swift jab sent it forth. It was intercepted by a mass of white fur, Katsumi's leg having slammed between them to act as a wall. The impact was enough to cause the ground to shake beneath Yuki's feet. Blood splattered from the massive creature's limb, although it appeared unphazed.

Feck! She caught up!

A flip back barely carried her out of range of Katsumi's follow-up swipe with the other paw, claws tearing three lines across her back, although only one managed to break skin, and only just. She was getting quicker! Fighting Katsumi alone was still a challenge, but by now she could hold her own. However now Kokoro was also stepping in.

By the time she'd righted herself Yuki's blade drew up, barely missing the white-haired girl's weapon. A flick of her blade and Yuki was bleeding from the shoulder. She hadn't even noticed the second lash until her belly started to bleed. It caused her to backpedal further, blade sweeping out to send a wave of energy. Kokoro flipped over the attack, unleashing her own wave. While Katsumi was powerful, Kokoro was quick. Far quicker than Yuki.

The attack slammed into her, sending her sliding back, doubled over from the impact. Beneath her the earth trembled. Kokoro's attack left her open, and in the next moment a massive white tail smashed into her body, sending her skipping back across hills and through the grasslands. She heard the massive wolf's approach. No time to rest. Yuki pushed herself back to her feet, blade readied in front of herself, body swaying.

A familiar scream echoed across the cloudy sky above, causing the three to pause, to look up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yuki sat up with a start, water splashing about. She had been submerged within the bath. Still, she had caught Meili's scream. In a hurry she pulled herself free from the steamy hot water, towel drawn in close to her body as she rushed out from the room.

Sorry. Going to have to take a break from our fight.

It's okay!

Fine.

As she reached the door to the bedroom Yuki grabbed at the handle, sliding the door open hastily! There she paused. Ears perked up, tail wagged behind her. Meili was up!

"Ah! Hey! I was starting to worry."

Yuki was, of course, still naked. Well, mostly. She had a towel held to her front at least, courtesy of her left hand. Not that she would have cared. A trail of water was left in her wake, leading down the hall and to the bathroom. Also, she wasn't wearing her eyepatch! She didn't really care too much. Heck, she doubted if Meili would.

"Are you okay? I heard screaming."
Yuki Kameko
Yuki Kameko

Meili Yan Baozhai likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Meili Yan Baozhai Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:02 am

Meili jumped up with a startled noise as the door would loudly rattle open. There, illuminated by the light streaming from the hallway, was Yuki...a naked Yuki...which brought a huge blush to Meili's face, as she found herself stammering and staring at the wolf girl's form. If it weren't for the towel, Meili probably would have lost all reason and passed out again. She almost didn't even hear Yuki's question, before she lightly shook her head, coming back to reality.

"Yeah...just...a nightmare..."

At least she hoped it was a nightmare...she hadn't tried to contact Raimei yet, and dreaded what would happen if she tried to.

Looking back to Yuki, Meili would casually point out towards the window, a frown upon her face.

"It wasn't this dark when we fought the Hollow...how...how long was I out?"

She turned her head back towards her friend, a concerned look upon her face. She almost didn't want to know...but at the same time, she had to know. It was important that she know. After all, even she knew that time could get distorted if you're in your inner world for too long.

While she waited for Yuki to answer, Meili would casually pull her sweat-stained clothes off, leaving her standing there in just her bra and panties. Her caramel skin glistened, and she gave a frown as she turned back to Yuki.

"Sorry if I interrupted your bath...you can go back to it if you want...I can wait..."
Meili Yan Baozhai
Meili Yan Baozhai

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuki Kameko Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:17 am

Ah. Right. Naked.

Kokoro's giggle rang out in the back of her mind. From Katsumi she felt disappointment, but then that was her base emotion, so it didn't really bother her. Just a nightmare? That was a relief.

"A few days. Like I said, I was getting worried. Bankai must have been quite exhausting."

They hadn't gotten the chance to celebrate either! Well, that was fine. They could do that any time they wanted. Okay, maybe not any time. Right now there wouldn't be any place that was open. Also, she had been in the middle of a bath. The water was still very warm too!

Meili partially stripped down. Perhaps she was getting used to this sort of thing? With a shrug Yuki removed the towel, slinging it casually over her shoulder. The wolf stepped in closer. Hands grasped gently at her friend's hips. Then she slung her friend over a shoulder, backed out of the room, and made her way for the bathroom!

"Nonsense. You deserve it more than I do. The water is still hot."

Once they reached the bathroom Yuki briefly considered tossing Meili into the bath. It would be amusing. But then that would also waste the purpose of the bath: to relax. Instead she carried the girl over to a stool, finally setting her back upon her feet. She turned away, focused now on preparing a rag and a bucket of water. Might as well give her a moment of privacy. Yuki wasn't that cruel. Meili might have still been embarrassed about this sort of thing. Her time spent with Rei had left Yuki quite comfortable with it.

"I'll get your back."
Yuki Kameko
Yuki Kameko

Back to top Go down

Post by Meili Yan Baozhai Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:33 am

Meili gained a shocked expression upon her face when Yuki told her.

"A few days?! I was out a few days?! Did you not try and wake me? Did no-"

Her line of questioning was cut short as Yuki dropped the towel, or rather slung it over her shoulder and a rather large blush formed across Meili's face, her mouth slackjawed as she stared at Yuki's naked form in its entirety. Butterflies flew through Meili's stomach, as her eyes moved rapidly, trying to both scan everything at once, and find a spot to look at, eventually settling on Yuki's forehead.

Her blush only worsened when Yuki stepped forward, wrapping her arms around Meili's waist, causing the girl to release a gentle gasp, both at feeling Yuki's warm body, and the wetness from her bath. However, that gasp quickly morphed into a comical squeal as her body was picked up and flung over one of Yuki's shoulders.

"Hey! What?! Put me down!"

Her protests fell on deaf ears as she was carried into the bathroom, finally being set down on one of the stools in there. Taking the hint, Meili would strip the rest of her clothes from her body, revealing her young, meager form to her friend.

A silence passed after Yuki offered to scrub at Meili's back, Meili giving a silent nod in acceptance and staring at the wall, thinking hard on something, before finally hanging her head and releasing a sigh.

"Yuki...if I tell you something...you have to promise me you won't get mad..."

Meili didn't speak with the confidence of a warrior like she normally did. No, here, she spoke with the meekness of a child. She was scared about confiding in Yuki a secret that she'd been holding since they came to their exile.
Meili Yan Baozhai
Meili Yan Baozhai

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuki Kameko Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:56 am

"I did attempt a few times, yes. But I have been that tired in the past."

Indeed, there had been some instances of her returning from her hunts, on the verge of death, and they had required days of rest. Heck, that was with healing. Signs of this sort of thing were clearly evident across her body. There were so many scars which were otherwise hidden by the loose clothes that she wore.

Meili's objections were ignored. She could use a bath. This was the nicest way of telling her. Besides, they could both stand to relax a little more. Well, perhaps Meili more these days, but Yuki planned to start venturing out more. Katusmi had been right about that.

When she finally turned around Meili sat naked upon the stool. A nod of approval was given. This was how Rei had gotten her over that pesky shame issue. It was working on Meili too! Good!

While she listened Yuki set the rag against Meili's back, carefully scrubbing across the girl's body. One hand lifted her hair so that she could work along the back of her neck and shoulders. Get mad? Why would she be upset?

"That sounds like an impossible task. Promising that I won't get upset if I don't know what it is, I mean."

She paused for a moment in thought. Perhaps not the smartest thing to say here. Still, it was the truth, and Yuki was nothing if not honest. To a fault, as was the case in this instance.

"But if you are worried about me getting upset with you, then you shouldn't be. I doubt you have done anything that could make me angry."

Given her recent history, it would take a lot to get her upset. Like, say, a stab to the chest! That might do the trick! But she doubted Meili would do that.
Yuki Kameko
Yuki Kameko

Back to top Go down

Post by Meili Yan Baozhai Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:08 am

Meili gave a bit of a smile at Yuki's words, before a gentle frown crossed her face once more. Could she afford to hesitate any longer? A voice in the back of her mind was screaming at her not to say anything, to just say 'forget it' and leave things as they were. But, Meili ignored that voice, and turned around to face Yuki. She wanted to have this talk while she could see Yuki's reactions.

"Well...you know how I vanish not only for work, after all we have to keep our cover here in the World of the Living...but also for those experiments?"

She would take a small breathe, before starting to twiddle with her hands, nervously. Part of her was fighting the urge to look away from Yuki, to stop everything. But, the young girl forced herself to stare directly into her friend's eye, and to be as honest and truthful as ever.

"Well...those experiments have to do with...Hollows."

She took a deep breath as she stared to explain.

"See...when I was in the academy, I read a book about how we don't actually know how or why Hollowfication happens, at least not fully. There's theories that there are ways to use Hollow reiatsu to enhance a Shinigami, but Central 46 banned any and all experiments on it as they were deemed too dangerous, so it was entirely theoretical...well...I may have had the scientist I brought with us...steal the books that remained on this theoretical experiment, and we've been testing them out, small scale...taking blood samples from myself, and imbuing that with Hollow reiatsu to see what the reaction is..."

The entire time, her face tried to remain stagnant as she blurted out every truth that she'd held onto. But as she got deeper and deeper into the explanation, her face started to morph into one of sadness, as tears started pouring from her eyes.

"There hasn't been any major progress...but...that nightmare that woke me up...that you heard me scream from...I...I think something happened with that Hollow...I...won't know until we get a blood sample...but...I'm scared Yuki...I'm terrified...Raimei won't answer me...in my nightmare she was encased in stone...I..."

The tears finally won, as Meili turned into a blubbering mess, unable to continue as she just put her face into her hands, releasing a cry of anguish at the thought of hurting Raimei, or worse.
Meili Yan Baozhai
Meili Yan Baozhai

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuki Kameko Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:28 am

Meili turned to face her. Smiling. Frowning. This was definitely serious. It didn't stop Yuki from continuing her scrubbing, keeping to the girl's neck and shoulders for the moment. Her gaze, however, was locked with Meili's.

The experiments. Her ears perked up slightly, as did her tail. She had been quite curious. Now Meili appeared to be ready to talk about them! A weird moment for it but she wasn't going to complain. If the girl felt more comfortable divulging secrets in the nude then so be it.

Note to self: get Meili naked to learn secrets.

What?

I don't think they have anything to do with one another.

Kokoro's giggling nearly distracted her away from her friend's serious words, and as soon as they hit her the noises in the back of her mind came to a halt. Experimenting on Hollows? That was dangerous. Worse still, she was participating in forbidden experiments. The merging of Hollow and Shinigami.

Her gaze lowered in thought, brows furrowing slightly. Was she disappointed? A little. This was going to make it more difficult for Meili if they were to return. Becoming a Hollow? She had some terrible history with their kind. Her mother had been lost to them. But she had come to accept them as the beasts that they were. None of that excused the dangers it presented.

Still, Meili had been careful about it. She wasn't alone. Also, she'd used blood samples. More worrying, Meili was now potentially having troubles with her spirit, with Raimei, and this had been following the release of her Bankai. It was bad enough that it was bothering Meili to the extent of shedding tears.

Yuki's visage softened. She leaned in, pulled the girl to her chest, and gently brushed the top of her head with a hand. "I'm not upset. It sounds like you have been careful. I can understand the desire for strength, especially in this situation."

Was it something that she personally was interested in? To attain power in that way? No. But to each their own.

"Are you sure that it was a dream? Perhaps this is normal for Bankai? Maybe she was resting because you were resting."

Unlikely. Still, she didn't have an explanation herself. This wasn't something she'd had to really deal with, and it wasn't something she'd heard of before. A spirit turning to stone? "We might need to seek more information elsewhere if it turns out that it wasn't a dream."
Yuki Kameko
Yuki Kameko

Back to top Go down

Post by Meili Yan Baozhai Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:10 pm

Meili could only cry as her friend comforted her. She felt a weight lift off of her shoulders as the secrets she'd been hiding came rushing out. However...there was something else she wasn't telling Yuki...as the tears had cut her off...and she felt that Yuki...needed to know everything.

"There's...something else..."

Meili would pull back from the embrace, using her wrists to wipe away some of the tears from her face, as she stared back into her friend's eye.

"In my nightmare...not...not only was Raimei encased in stone...but...there was this..." She raised her hands up a little to give a kind of waving motion. "Voice...it wasn't Raimei...but...it couldn't have been anyone else...they...said that...they were going to let me suffer...then...in my own inner world...where I've never been harmed before...I was...stabbed...by my own Zanpakuto...I couldn't...see the culprit...as they stabbed me from behind...that's when I woke up...screaming..."

Her head lowered a little, as a soft sniffle escaped her lips. She was no longer crying, but the sadness was still evident on her form. She was visibly shaking. For what seemed to be the thousandth time in recent months, Meili was terrified. But, knowing that Yuki was close by was a comfort...one that Meili wouldn't let slip through her fingers...so...steeling herself...Meili decided on doing something.

"Yuki...I..."

Those two small words were all she could muster, before she would move her face forward, planting a gentle, meek kiss upon Yuki's lips. It was a small thing, Meili having no experience with anything in romance aside from some books, but it was there...and only lasted a couple seconds as the girl pulled back, her face a blushing mess.
Meili Yan Baozhai
Meili Yan Baozhai

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuki Kameko Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:02 am

Something else?

Here comes the surprise sword to the back.

How would that even work here?

Hands settled upon Meili's shoulders as she leaned away. There was another voice. That wasn't unusual to Yuki. She had two voices, after all. Still, she had heard both spirits before she'd achieved shikai. Could it still be the same? But then neither of her spirits wanted to kill her. That had always been the case.

As she noticed Meili's shaking Yuki's fingers started to move, rubbing in little comforting circles against the girl's shoulders. A trick she'd learned from Rei. Hopefully she was half as talented. Wait, had she told Meili about her spirits? She hadn't told anyone, now that she thought about it.

Do you two mind?

I would rather you not.

Nope!

While she pondered upon what to say Meili spoke again, drawing her attention. The girl moved closer all of a sudden. Was she passing out? Or maybe-

A kiss! Yuki's eye widened slightly in surprise. Red suddenly flared across her cheeks. Her heart beat just a bit more quickly. Of course Yuki wasn't completely oblivious. She knew the girl had feelings for her. It was just unexpected that they would come out here and now. But perhaps this was just something she needed right now.

For a brief moment she leaned just a hint closer, and as it was broken Yuki was left smiling. Her tail was swaying softly behind her. What did she say in this situation? This was unfamiliar territory for her. Well, mostly. It certainly hadn't been her first kiss. Still, it wasn't something that she was often presented with.

Fine. Just. . .let's move on from this.

"Ah. Right."

Clearing her throat, Yuki absent-mindedly started to scrub down along the girl's body. Her other hand continued its gentle massage, mostly to calm Meili but also to calm herself. "I don't think I have told this to anyone, but I actually have two spirits. So. I do have some understanding about what it is you are going through. Both I met before attaining shikai. Nor are either quite as malicious. It could be normal, but it also might not be."

She paused, glancing down. "Ah. But then those experiments. Could this have something to do with them?"
Yuki Kameko
Yuki Kameko

Back to top Go down

Post by Meili Yan Baozhai Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:35 am

Meili's heart was beating so fast it may have been trying to escape. She'd actually done it! She'd kissed Yuki! Granted it was just a small kiss...more of a peck on the lips really...but it was something at least! The blush that cascaded across Meili's face must have been obvious, especially as it soon moved to the rest of her head, turning her ears a shade darker as well.

However, she was pulled out of the reprieve as Yuki seemed to...ignore the kiss...which disheartened the young Baozhai. Had she not been good enough? Had it been a mistake to even do anything? These thoughts and more ran through her head, but she'd get back to those as Yuki continued their bath...and their discussion.

Two spirits? Meili had read about that in the Academy. It was uncommon, but not unheard of, though in most cases the Shinigami would also have two Zanpakuto. But again, it wasn't uncommon for them to be in one Zanpakuto either. The young Baozhai would listen intently to Yuki's words, shrugging a little when the question was posed about the experiments.

"I...I won't know until we get a test done. We used a very specific Hollow...so the reiatsu signature would always remain the same if anything did happen."

She gave a soft and gentle sigh, standing up slightly and walking over to the wall, standing with her forehead against the wall in a defeated manner.

"Yuki...I'm scared...before we went to fight this Hollow...Raimei said something...regarding our experiments. Remember? She...said she knew what was missing..."

She would turn back around, staring at Yuki, a new expression upon her face. A realization dawned on her.

"Yuki...we need to go see Chang, right now. I'll have him run a blood sample...see if...anything is different. It's time you became a part of this...I...owe you that much...after everything..."

She would slowly walk over to Yuki, being brave once again as she would plant another kiss upon the wolf girl's lips, this one much quicker.

"Will you...come with me?"
Meili Yan Baozhai
Meili Yan Baozhai

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuki Kameko Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:53 am

Meili's disheartened state had not gone unnoticed. Perhaps she had been expecting more? Unfortunately Yuki wasn't all that experienced, or skilled, in these sorts of matters. And despite the mask of confidence that she wore, this whole situation was challenging for her! She didn't really know how to proceed. On top of that, she was worried about pushing this sort of thing any further. Worried about losing someone close to herself again.

Focusing on Meili's problems was just a good distraction to keep her mind on other topics. Well, that and they were important. More important considering the potential health risks. Fix the problem. Get Meili cleaned up. Those two things would see her through this.

"Ah. That is clever."

The younger girl stood and made her way over to the wall. Perhaps her forehead was simply too warm? Chilled tile would help. Or perhaps she was just super worried, and this helped to calm her. If Raimei knew that something was missing then this might have been her way of breaching that gap. But then to do so without informing Meili? It didn't make much sense.

"Now?"

She approached again and, once more, their lips met together. Yuki's hands subconsciously moved forward, settling upon the girl's hips. Fingers gripped slightly. She didn't push her away. No, instead Yuki pulled her just a little closer. She relaxed into the brief show of affection, ears tilting towards each side of her head. Leaning up, Yuki timidly returned the girl's gesture!

"Of course. Let's rinse off. We can enjoy a bath when we return. Or tomorrow."

Finally.

It's cute!
Yuki Kameko
Yuki Kameko

Back to top Go down

Post by Meili Yan Baozhai Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:28 pm

Meili smiled over at Yuki at the mention of her methods being clever. While the young Baozhai didn't know much in the ways of science, she did recognize that it would be much too dangerous to test things on herself without having some control tests, hence the blood samples, and the singular Hollow being used.

She was then taken aback as Yuki seemed to return the affection, her heart beating even faster. Her face was hot, and she felt the butterflies in her stomach intensify, as if there was a new batch of honey being put into their enclosure. When the kiss finally broke, Meili could only smile dumbly towards Yuki, her sentence not even registering for a second before shaking her head a little, scratching at the back of her head while she looked into Yuki's eye.

"Yeah...let...let's go then..."

Meili's words seemed caught in her throat. She'd had crushes before, at the Academy. But a majority of those students were much older than Meili, and her status as a Baozhai pushed most of them away, especially when it became common knowledge that she was the daughter of a concubine, rather than a proper legitimate daughter like some of her cousins. Her father's name only held so much weight in Noble circles, while her mother's, despite being of such low status, held so much more.

Meili would casually start rinsing herself off, before walking into the small connecting room, drying herself off while waiting for Yuki to follow suit.

"I can contact Chang and have him ready to run some tests in about 30 minutes. It'll take us about half that to get to the lab...assuming we go there the normal route that I take...if we went straight there it would only take us about 5 minutes...but I'd rather the location not be easily discovered, so we've put countermeasures to prevent it from being found."

She casually ran the towel along the last parts of her body, before she started to pull on a fresh pair of clothes, deciding to go with an emerald green qipao, one to match her eyes.
Meili Yan Baozhai
Meili Yan Baozhai

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuki Kameko Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:39 pm

Before Meili, Yuki had really only gotten this close to one other person. That person, unfortunately, was a little insane. Also, initially, it hadn't really been her choice. All of this was still kind of new to her, at least in practice. Sure, she knew about this sort of thing, and had for many, many years! But to engage in it? She really hadn't had any reason for it until relatively recently.

How upset would he be if he knew?

That is something even I am curious to see, although perhaps it is better if we don't.

I'm sure it'll be fine! You could just make up! Maybe you could all be together!

What?

A bucket of water was dumped onto her head. Oh yes. She needed that. For a brief moment Yuki shook her entire body off. Then she grabbed a towel and followed Meili out, patting herself dry.

"That sounds good."

It did sound like they would have some time to kill. They wouldn't need to rush. That too was good, but then lingering outside for too long could get someone on their trail. She was curious to see Meili's procedure.

Yuki was, unfortunately, boring. The same old uniform was snatched up and dragged onto her body. She didn't see the point in dressing fancy. It didn't help if a fight broke out. Also, it would be harder to replace! Or, at least, it normally would be. Here on Earth it might have been easier to go with civilian clothes, but then she hadn't really gone shopping for any either.

"Lead the way."
Yuki Kameko
Yuki Kameko

Back to top Go down

Post by Meili Yan Baozhai Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:27 pm

Meili gave a casual smile at Yuki's normality. Perhaps that was something that she truly loved about the wolf girl. Love. There was that word again. It brought warmth to her face as she thought about it. Was this truly love? Was it just a protective feeling? She'd have to ask herself these questions and more as they went on their way.

The path was pretty easy. From their safe house, they took several turns into the city, going down into a parking lot structure and setting things up. They did have to stop at a couple of places, Meili giving the explanation as to why.

"Like I said, I set it up so that it wasn't easy to find, even though the place is really close to the safe house. Each place we've stopped at, I've had to find a marker that will be used to unlock the door to the lab. It was Chang's idea. He's...a little paranoid..."

She gave a gentle chuckle as she stated that fact, before finding the last marker. She would then lead them double backed towards the safe house, moving past it and heading to one of the aqueducts littered throughout the city.

"Hope you don't mind getting a little wet."

Meili would say this with both a smirk and a blush, as she did have a double meaning towards it. She would walk them along the aqueduct for a bit, before finding what she needed. Grabbing at Yuki's hand, she would jump into the water, swimming against the current and down towards a seam in the floor. Silently, Meili would put her palm against the seam, pushing out with her reiatsu, as the seam widened, pulling both girls into the lab, and shutting behind them.

Coughing the water out of her lungs, Meili would run her hands along the wall of the darkened room they found themselves in, before slamming a button on the wall, causing a rush of warm air to dry the two girls off.

"Chang! We're here!"

A small yelp was heard, before loud feedback rang through the room from a speaker overhead.

"Speak the password!"

Meili gave a sigh, before speaking a simple phrase.

"Daiyu!"

Someone well versed in the Baozhai history would recognize Daiyu as the name of Meili's mother. The feedback returned.

"Enter."

A door opened up, causing light to rush through the darkened room.
Meili Yan Baozhai
Meili Yan Baozhai

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuki Kameko Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:19 pm

So began their pleasant stroll in the dead of night. It was completely silent. Perhaps the darkness helped. Now was a good time to leave, as there would be no sounds interfering with her attempts to keep tabs on nearby movements. It also meant that they were unable to use others as distractions. Nobody but them were out and about, at least so far as she could tell.

Multiple destinations were visited. Markers were located. It was a clever system. She certainly would not have thought of it. They were designed to open a door. But then anyone sufficiently powerful enough could surely bypass this, right? Then again, someone proficient in kido might have some way to counteract that issue. That someone was certainly not her.

As they finally approached an aqueduct Meili made mention about getting wet. Did she mind?

"I will definitely require another bath. But it is fine."

No. Not really. Unfortunately the poor girl's innuendo flew right over her head. With her hand grabbed Yuki soon found herself dragged into the water! Eyes closed and feet kicked, however she ultimately allowed her friend to lead the way. Clearly she knew where it was that they were supposed to go. Good thing too as Yuki had no idea how to get into this place!

Thankfully Yuki could hold her breath for a long while. As she exited the water the wolf shook herself off, tail thrashing about behind her in an attempt to get as dry as possible. Moments later an incredibly loud roar erupted around the two! Ears flattened against her head as she winced, body going still. Wind rushed over her from all sides. In a matter of moments she was dried and her fur had been left somewhat poofy!

On top of everything they'd done, a password was still required to get in. Yuki nodded in approval. Whoever this Chang fellow was, he was very careful. That was good to know.

Meili's experiments should definitely be safe.

Bright light emerged as a door slid open. Trusting Meili, she made her way forth and into the light. What wonderous things awaited her?!?
Yuki Kameko
Yuki Kameko

Back to top Go down

Post by Meili Yan Baozhai Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:46 pm

Meili casually led them through the door, however, she was stopped as an alarm would blare throughout the facility. As the alarm continued, 5 black-clad warriors appeared as if out of thin air, weapons drawn and pointed towards Meili, who had raised her arms as the blades were placed directly against her neck.

"Daiyu! Daiyu! It's me! This is why I wanted to get tested!"

As she spoke, the warriors looked between each other, before one of them raised their blade going for a killing blow.

"That's enough! She already made the call, and I knew this would happen."

They were cut off by a rather short and stoutly man. He didn't wear the usual Shinigami attire, instead seeming to wear a variation of the Kido Corps outfit. He was also somewhat balding, having a bit of a combover to cover the bald spot as he slowly waddled over to Meili, lightly motioning his arms in a shooing motion to the black-clad guards.

Meili's face warmed at the sight of the man, her arms lowering as she already knew things would be dealt with.

"Chang, thank you so much for agreeing to this...unorthodox meeting."

"Yes yes. When I heard you'd fought a Hollow and became bedridden, I'd already started queuing up some tests. They're already ready to go, just going to need you to disrobe as usual. Oh, and your friend is going to have to stay back here with me. They can't go into the testing chamber."

"Chang..."

"No, I'll have none of it. These experiments are dangerous enough as they are. I will not have you endanger another person just because you care for them."

Meili's face flushed hotly at that. Chang had always been very direct. It's part of what got him kicked out of the Kido Corps in the first place. Plus he never did like hiding his face. The stoutly man would then turn and face Yuki, a gentle smile upon his rounded face.

"Miss Yuki Kameko. Oh how wonderful it is to finally meet you...when you're awake that is...I helped tend to you when we all first came here. I'm no expert at Kaido like some of the other medics we have, but I know enough to help keep you stable while your own body does the rest."

He gave the wolf girl a gentle bow.

"Oh, but where are my manners! My name is Chang. Chang Baozhai. I'm Meili's uncle, from the original Family. I was one of her father's siblings. What a tragedy that was..."

Chang's face became quite sullen at the mention of Meili's father.

"I was there you know, the night the news came to us. The families were...quite distraught..."

"OK Chang, I think that's enough for a history lesson right now!"

Meili had decided to finally cut the man off, lightly putting a hand over the man's mouth to shut him up. A pained expression was on her face, and if one looked closely, tears started to form at her eyes. Her father always had been a touchy subject.

"Yuki...I'm going to go change...if Chang here says anything unusual about me...just...ignore it..."

Meili gave a gentle smile, before walking away into another room, pulling her qipao off as she moved, dropping it at her feet as she stepped through a set of double doors.
Meili Yan Baozhai
Meili Yan Baozhai

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuki Kameko Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:45 am

Suddenly there was an alarm. Five warriors appeared from out of nowhere, weapons drawn and pointed towards the two. In a flash her own blade was unsheathed, reiatsu spilling out from her form. Meili, however, had already taken the diplomatic approach. Good thing too, for as one of the warriors raised their blades Yuki was just about to cut the man down, steel already flashing in an arc, only to come to a halt within an inch of making contact.

The arrival of another thankfully de-escalated the situation. She calmed a bit upon noticing Meili calm, weapon sheathed once more. A simple nod was given towards the short, balding man. He seemed nice enough. Maybe. Hopefully.

Then again these days it's hard to tell.

Meili's flustered expression was noticed, of course, but she didn't give any signs of having noticed it. The poor girl already had it bad enough as it was. When Chang turned to face her Yuki lowered her head in greeting. So he had been partially responsible for saving her?

"Yuki Kameko. Thank you. It is an honor to meet one of my saviors. You have my sincere gratitude."

Tragedy? She didn't remember hearing about anything like that before. But then it wasn't her place to pry either. Yuki knew full well how devastating it was to lose one's family.

"I will try my best."

Of course that was impossible. She had good hearing. And ignoring him would be rude. But she would try not to make a scene about it, at the very least!
Yuki Kameko
Yuki Kameko

Back to top Go down

Post by Meili Yan Baozhai Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:55 am

While Meili got ready in the other room, Chang decided that he would give their guest a small tour.

"Well then, Miss Kameko...may I call you Yuki? I've never been one for formality...too stuffy...it's part of why I was looked over in favor of Meili's father for Head, despite being older than him."

The stoutly man didn't even wait for a response as he waddled away into another room, walking into a rather warm room, full of computers on one side, and a large window on the other, the window looking into the room Meili was currently disrobing in, but they seemed to catch her just as she was pulling on a pure white sleeveless samue. The girl would then turn, lightly tapping on the glass with her zanpakuto's hilt.

"Chang, I'm all finished in here. Go ahead and bring up the table for the experiments."

Chang would smile, pulling his small form into a chair before speaking into the microphone on the table in front of him.

"Of course Meili. Give me just a second."

He would scramble about for a few seconds, giving a light "aha" at finding what he needed, before pushing a button upon a keypad, causing a loud mechanical whirring sound to echo from Meili's room.

In Meili's room, the floor would open up, as a set of tables would pop up from the floor, one of them rather small, not even fit for a person, with the other a normal looking medical table. On the smaller table, Meili would set her Zanpakuto down, strapping it in place before moving to the other table, laying herself down on that one. She would then raise her hand up, giving a small thumbs up, before setting her hand back to her side.

Chang would push another series of buttons, a loud *thunk* being heard as the door to the room he and Yuki were in shut and locked itself shut, the same being said for the room Meili was in, followed by the sound of gas being heard coming from Meili's room.

"If you listen, you can hear Meili's room being flooded with both anesthetic, as well as a knock-out gas. These experiments are going to be a bit more invasive than normal, so it's preferable that she be unconscious for them."

Chang would casually explain the situation, trying to alleviate any worries that Yuki may have had. He would then start pushing a couple of buttons on the keypad, pulling up a couple of monitors, one showing Meili's life signs which registered entirely as normal, another showing her reiatsu signature which was taking a bit to queue up, and the third was showing the signature of her Zanpakuto. With a gentle smile, Chang waited a few seconds, while Meili's life signs would stabilize, as the gas took it's time putting Meili to sleep. When he saw that everything was fine, he would breathe a gentle sigh of relief.

"Now for the hard part..."

He would key up a couple of buttons, that mechanical sound being heard again as a mechanical arm popped out from the ceiling within Meili's room. In the 'hand' of the mechanical arm was a syringe, which Chang would carefully direct to pull a sample of Meili's blood, before setting another robot arm to start getting a closer look at Raimei.

"Each time we've done this, Raimei has spiked in activity. The Zanpakuto activated on its own last time, nearly destroying the equipment. That's why this time, all of the machinery is shock-proof. But...hmm...this is unusual...there doesn't seem to be any reaction this time..."

He would check the monitor a little, lightly rubbing a hand over his bald spot in bewilderment.

"No reaction at all...this isn't good...It's as if her Zanpakuto is...asleep for lack of a better term..."

He got to work on the blood sample, which would take around 10 minutes or so to process, and while they waited, he figured he would ask a couple of questions to the wolf girl.

"So...Yuki...how much do you know of the Baozhai clan? I know you're from a Noble clan yourself, the Kameko clan...shame what happened there...but at least there were some survivors..."
Meili Yan Baozhai
Meili Yan Baozhai

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuki Kameko Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:22 pm

"You may."

Yuki was preferable. Anything too formal just didn't sit right with her anymore. Not since she'd lost her estate and her position within Soul Society. No, those things she would need to reclaim. Unfortunately, it would most likely require force, and it would most likely mean another fight against at least Watari.

Next time we end this.

We'll see.

He cannot be saved. Not after everything he has done. You already tried that once.

She was right, of course. Yuki had tried. There had been progress, too. Watari had been growing warmer. Settled. A proper friend. And had they not been close? She was helping him to get over his smoking addiction. He had proposed. The first time she had said no. And the second. But the last time, when they had spent the day at her home, she had said that she would consider it. And she had been considering it.

And then he attacked you. He twisted Reika's mind.

What went wrong?

That was the question, wasn't it? Perhaps that was what she needed to do. She needed to draw him out. Speak to him. But she needed to do that once she was ready. Once she was healed up a little more.

The little wolf blinked. Right. She was at the lab. They were in another room now, one which separated the two of them from Meili. Tables lifted from the floor. Both rooms were sealed and locked shut. Some sort of gas was pumped into Meili's room, prompting her gaze to shift briefly towards Chang. Something to help with the pain.

What sort of experiments have they been conducting? Did they not test this on samples?

With a slightly worried nod she returned her gaze towards Meili. "She mentioned something about Raimei going quiet. It happened the other night during a fight with a particularly powerful Hollow. Or, at least, at the tail end of it. I thought it was simply due to her Bankai."

That probably wasn't it though, right? She had been worried enough to come here, after all. "I don't really know much. They are many different families handling different affairs. A competitive fight for those who wish to lead the clan. Also they deal with a lot of underground affairs."

Survivors?

She turned towards Chang, a brow raised. Plural? Oh. Wait. He probably meant Meili and her people too. They had been present in the fight, after all.
Yuki Kameko
Yuki Kameko

Back to top Go down

Post by Meili Yan Baozhai Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:30 pm

While Yuki and Chang had their conversation, something else entirely was going on for Meili. When the young Baozhai had been put under, passing out had caused her to go deep into her Inner World. She was back at the mountain, staring at Raimei, encased in her stone prison. Thunder rumbled all around Meili, as tears fell from her eyes, spouting a simple phrase over and over.

"I'm sorry...I'm sorry...I'm sorry..."

As if on queue, that ethereal voice made it's presence known once again, as laughter echoed around the mountain.

"Good...you should be sorry...after all..."

Meili looked up, trying to see if she could spot the owner of the voice, finally seeing the newcomer to her mind. Standing in front of her was a 4'11 feline. The cat stood on their hindlegs, their feet bent slightly so that they were standing on the tips of their toes. Their fur didn't cover their entire body, with their chest, stomach, upper arms, and face being clear of fur, the fur itself being a stark white in coloration, with the skin underneath being a pitch black. There eyes were a golden amber, with black sclera, commonly found in Hollows. Their prominent whiskers were in the shape of lightning bolts, and were the only other color on them, being a bright yellow in coloration.

"This is your fault."

The laughter echoed once again, the voice sounding more feminine now that Meili could put a face to the voice.

"Who...what...what do you mean?"

The voice gave another chuckle, as the white feline slowly meandered over to Meili's form, walking ever so slowly as they started to explain.

"You've been running dangerous experiments on poor Raimei over there...naughty naughty Meili...and this...this is part of those consequences..."

"I...she said that as long as...she said they were safe!"

"She lied! She knew you would do anything for power...so she put her own wellbeing at risk...to protect you...she gave you your Bankai when you weren't ready for it...she did everything...to protect a weak, pathetic being such as you...and now...she's suffering for it..."

Meili's tears once again streaked across her face. However, the feline finally stood in front of Meili, kneeling down and using one of her paws to wipe the tears away.

"Now now...none of those tears...she did tell you she knew how to help with those experiments, didn't she? Well...you got that help without her...unintentionally..."

"What...?"

"I can't explain it myself...but I can tell you who I am...all you have to do...is ask..."

Meili pushed the paw away, backing away a little as realization dawned on her. There wasn't anyone else who could know of Meili and Raimei's conversations other than the two of them. Nobody else could know Raimei's inner thoughts but her...nobody...Meili was afraid to ask...but seeing as she had no other choice...the question left her lips before she could even stop herself.

"Who...are you?"

The feline smirked, giving a light chuckle as they extended their arms wide, almost framing Raimei's stone form behind her.

"Why...I'm glad you asked...I'm R̴̬̲̙̘̰̠͓̜̟̾̈̉a̵̢̛̤̻̲̠͍̺͌̀̀̏̀͠ǐ̴͖̿m̴̰̋̏̌̆͆̈́͛͐̓ě̵̜͕̤̮͓̗̝͒͂̎̀͘͘͜͝i̸̭̱͕̽̑̇!"

The name was almost unheard...but Meili could understand it just fine...a silent screamed escaped from her mouth.

---------------

Back in the real world, Chang had started to explain the inner workings of the Baozhai.

"Yes. The Baozhai are an old family, with the original Family extending back to the founding of the Soul Society, and the Gotei as a whole. The other Families that joined, the Yan, Bingwen, and Hong families, came much later out of necessity, as the family was banished to the Rukon for being 'unfit' to the other Nobility."

He gave a light 'harumph' at that, before continuing a little.

"Today, the Family is split in five, with the Four Families running their own operations, and the Head running everything else. Any member of the Four Families are eligible to become Head, however it was generally unheard of anyone from the Yan family for...obvious reasons...I assume you know what the Yan family is known for."

He didn't even bother waiting for a response, before lightly glancing up at the monitors, clicking a few buttons on his keypad before continuing his explanation.

"By all rights, Meili should be from the Main Baozhai family, not having her middle name by 'Yan'. However, as punishment to her father, my younger brother, she was branded a Yan Baozhai, rather than a 'proper' Baozhai. Naturally, her father didn't care either way, and raised her as any other Baozhai would be raised...for a very brief period of time..."

He would turn around in his chair, so that he could look directly at the wolf girl as he explained exactly what had happened all those years ago.

"See, when Meili was still young...she couldn't have been more than 3, she, along with several other Shinigami children, was kidnapped by enemies of the Gotei...officially...this never happened...unofficially, it was the Quincy...or at least a faction of the Quincy. They hoped to goad the Gotei into a war. Thankfully, this never happened, because Meili's father, a notable member of the Gotei...I believe he was a Lieutenant at the time...got a group of like-minded individuals, myself included, together to retake the children. The mission was successful, as Meili is standing here now to see this through...however her father's life was lost in the process..."

He would turn back around, staring into the monitors, trying to hide the solemn look on his face.

"Meili never got to know her father...after his death, the Family started treating him like an after thought. Started treating Meili like 'Yan Trash'. Most of the elder family members don't exactly like the Yan...always seeing them as...filthy...Meili was no exception...as the daughter of a Main House member, she was in line to become Head, through normal succession means...however, her place kept dropping as more and more cousins were born...finally she'd had enough, and invoked the rights of challenge, something that had been unused for centuries...you know the result...she fought her way up the ladder, until she finally became the Head of the Baozhai as she is now...sadly, she was only Head for a very short period of time, before...well...this..."

He would motion his hands around them, as if signifying everything around them.

"I know this is a lot to take in...and I would appreciate if you didn't talk about any of this with her...she...tends to keep her emotions inside of herself...not wanting others to see them..."
Meili Yan Baozhai
Meili Yan Baozhai

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuki Kameko Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:45 pm

For whatever reason, Yuki had always thought that the Baozhai were a newer family. It was probably because of the various smaller families that comprised the larger one. Banishment to the Rukongai also certainly played a role in that assumption. She had to agree with Chang: that was a dumb excuse.

I feel that.

She nodded once. The Yan family were consorts. Prostitutes. Generally, at least. But that didn't really bother her. There wasn't anything inherently wrong with such things. People enjoyed partaking of those activities, and sometimes people had troubles doing so without paying for it.

Heck, the Suzumei are a bit crazy and they are still nobles.

"Meili is not originally a Yan? Interesting. I didn't know that."

While she was curious about what this punishment was for she didn't press it. Meili probably wouldn't want her to know, and if she did then she'd speak up about it. Honestly, she couldn't figure out why they would even do that to a child. People were definitely right to dislike nobility.

As it turned out, she had a pretty terrible childhood. Losing her father that young? She couldn't even imagine. Yuki at least had enough years to fondly remember her own father. But perhaps the loss would sting less if she hadn't. Who is to say? Then again, it also sounded like he was a big ally, and his loss was probably responsible for giving her worse than she deserved.

Despite it all, she'd grown up. She had dragged herself to the top! And then Yuki pulled it all back down. If none of that had happened, Meili would be on top of the world. A proper leader within Soul Society. Perhaps even a ranked shinigami? A captain? It would have benefitted the people of the Rukongai too to have a high noble on their side. A noble that people could trust.

We're definitely killing Watari next time we see him.

I can still sa-

No.

But-

Absolutely not.

Yuki nodded slowly. "I won't bring it up to her. Thank you for telling me this. I can understand why she wouldn't wish to speak about it."
Yuki Kameko
Yuki Kameko

Back to top Go down

Post by Meili Yan Baozhai Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:38 pm

Chang gave a gentle smile towards the wolf girl, however that smile only added to the pained expression upon his face. Even he had been struck hard by the death of his brother, and the recent exile of their clan.

"Thank you Yuki...for listening, and agreeing to keep this conversation our little secret."

He was interrupted by a loud beeping sound coming from one of the monitors. Meili's reiatsu signature was warping, and fast.

"That's not good."

Despite the panic upon his face, Chang spoke in a calm and collected tone, as if there were nothing wrong. He would click away at a few keys upon the keyboard, never taking his eyes off the screen so that he could monitor the readings as he worked.

"It appears...that Meili is dying. Not right this very second...but her reiatsu seems to be...corrupted by something...and whatever it is, it's slowly killing her."

He would click away at a few more buttons before printing up a diagnostic reading, before going back to explaining.

"It would appear that the corruption is coming from...her Zanpakuto?"

He pulled up a reading on her Zanpakuto, confirming his suspicions.

"Yes...it appears that, for whatever reason...if Meili uses her Zanpakuto, the corruption will spread...and if left unchecked...it will kill her..." He looked a little bit closer at the readings before clearing his throat a little. "No, sorry...let me correct that...it won't kill her..." He would tap on the screen a little with his index finger. "She'll...become a Hollow...and we'll have to kill her."

Chang would turn to face Yuki, a look of extreme worry upon his face.

-------------

Meanwhile, inside of her inner world, Meili had finally stopped screaming, a look of abject horror on her face as the realization struck. This feline being, claiming to be Raimei, stared at her, a smug look upon their face.

"You...you can't be Raimei...that's Raimei!"

She would point to the stone carving, never taking her tear-filled eyes off of the feline. A chuckle was heard from the feline at this accusation, before they would walk over to the stone carving, using one of their clawed fingers to drag across the stone, causing thunder to violently rumble in the distance.

"Oh, we're both Raimei...I'm just the...well I can't spoil everything right away, now can I? So I'll just say this...we're both Raimei, I just...didn't exist until recently."
Meili Yan Baozhai
Meili Yan Baozhai

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down