Bleach Sakura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chaos Theory ❖ Private, Homura

2 posters

Go down

Chaos Theory ❖ Private, Homura Empty Chaos Theory ❖ Private, Homura

Post by Madoka Kimura Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:35 pm

They were all here. One member of each division stood before her in the middle of one of the open areas of the Seireitei, but only one of which would become her partner for future escapades into the world of the living. It had taken a little planning and some string pulling, but eventually the Shinigami had managed to snag a few of her fellow subordinates from different squads- members they were willing to let go of for a while for a little test of strength and cunning. If she was going to have a partner after all they were going to need to be able to do their job and assist her when needed. Mostly with fighting. As much as Madoka liked to keep her pride she was more than willing to admit she wasn't exactly the strongest brawn-wise, and if the information of an increased amount of Hollow bait held any truth then it was better to be safe than sorry. It'd be a shame to be in the middle of a project and suddenly be surrounded with the bastards. That was a one was ticket to death right there.

Madoka's cold amber gaze traveled across the line of black and white clothed Shinigami in front of her. Some stood strong under her authoritarian aura while a few seemed to visibly become nervous- sweating and shaking even though they tried to hide it. Although she wasn't a good judge of physical characteristics she was at least able to tell which ones would stay cool under pressure just by looking into them. An ever so slight smirk formed onto the edges of her lips as the awkward silence was finally broken.
"I see that everyone is here now. Well then, first of all I would like to thank you all for coming. I am aware that some of the recent events in the world of the living have put a bit of strain on all us, so the fact you even bothered to show up means a lot." The gray haired woman clasped her hands behind her back and proceeded to pace back and forth from the beginning of the line to the end before turning around and repeating the process. "This does not, however, mean that this test will be any easier. As you all know I am currently in the process of seeking a partner to join me in my various quests for knowledge and understanding in the human world. It will be a grueling task, but your superiors have promised me you are all capable enough to handle yourselves when push comes to shove. In order to see which one of you lives up to their words I have devised an assessment of both your physical and mental strength. It will be grueling, it will be horrid. We may even lose one or two of you. In which case you may send a complaint, if you're able to do so from your grave, which honestly would be very impressive to see so if you do have that capability please do me a favor and fail on purpose." A bit of a grin snuck onto her lips, though was quickly shaken off when it was realized no one had taken the joke too well. She never was good at them. "Jokes aside I also do understand if this sounds a bit too much. So in that case I am willing to give any of you an out now. If you do not wish to participate in this test, step away from the group." Madoka paused her pacing once she got to the middle, her stare sweeping over any who may choose to take this out.
Madoka Kimura
Madoka Kimura

Back to top Go down

Chaos Theory ❖ Private, Homura Empty Re: Chaos Theory ❖ Private, Homura

Post by Homura Seika Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:02 am

It was just one of those days. Relaxation tossed to the wayside, and a forced 'special assignment' meant that Homura was far from a happy camper. Sure, her job description was military, and yes she was, technically, always on duty but those above her acted as if Homura didn't have other projects going on, such as counting the clouds or catching up on her beauty sleep. Whatever at least the assignment was easy, right?

Apparently not.

Life or death right out the gate huh? Homura should have guessed, the Shinigami took matters so seriously, so today had become a total buzzkill, almost. The weather was nice at least, sunny but not too hot with clouds dotting the sky, and a good breeze wafted in from above. if only she could be out there instead of where she was. "Seriously? Grueling enough to get killed over? Psh, why wouldn't you send a seated officer then? Logistics got this one wrong, I mean look at the candidates? All green, including me and it's already life or death?" Homura's discontent lessened however when the woman spoke about not having to participate in this test. Perfect, but if that was even an option why did sound like Homura had to? Was this some kind of test within a test to weed out those who weren't mentally able? Only one way to find out.

Homura was about to step forward to resign when a pair next to her took their steps just a second faster. "Ma'm! I uh, I have other duties to attend to!" The fairly tall and well-built man stated, "Me too! The two of us have to patrol the uh... west gate today!" Homura's head snaked to see the figure behind the first to speaks body, another man of a similar build? Were they trying to worm their way out of the test? Those cowards, that's what Homura was going to! Now she couldn't if she did she would appear as cowardly or worthless as them, and she couldn't appear to anyone else as anything but the pinnacle of strength, beauty, and perfection. Homura didn't bother to wait for a reply from the silver-haired, glasses toting marshal.

"Well, I for one am down for any challenge, no matter how dangerous, unlike these gentlemen. Bring it on! In fact, I'll take your test without the aid of the group! Clearly, if the two beside me are a judge of the character of the others you have assembled here, then you'll find that I am the only candidate worthy of this assignment anyway!" Triumphantly Homura stood, a smug superiority graced her complexion as she inched herself forward, in front of the other two who had quit. Though she appeared confident, resolute, and fearless Homuras mind was a different beast altogether. "Why did I say that? What is wrong with me!? Okay, I can just back out by saying the others need a chance, yes after I hear her answer, I'll just be generous enough to let others help me out of kindness, good going Homura you're a genius!"

Homura Seika
Homura Seika

Back to top Go down

Post by Madoka Kimura Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:04 am

And just like that, they broke. It didn't take much force at all. Like a branch getting stepped on two men snapped under the ounce of pressure Madoka pushed on them, babbling on with a nonsense excuse of guarding the west gate. Unfortunately for them that poorly thought out justification of cowardice held absolutely no weight. There were already people stationed at the gate all hours of the day and it would hardly make sense for someone to send a person who was supposed to be doing one duty to another without first taking care of the previous position. It made no logical sense.
The woman's eyes rested on the two Shinigami. One was a bit on the smaller side, frail and skittish while the other was buffer and more toned. Honestly the first one was no surprise that he would back out, but the second seemed out of character for someone so fit for combat. Like stated before, it was a horrible idea to judge based on outward appearance alone, which is why this test was created in the first place. This merely proved the point further.

Madoka used a finger to pushed her glasses up, her expression blanking. "Ah, why yes of course. That is exactly why I asked. It would be a shame of me to make someone do something they didn't wish to participate in. Absolutely. Please feel free to leave. I'll be sure to notify your superiors of your utter cowardice and failure." Glasses shimmered, revealing an icy dagger of a stare at the two.

"W-What? But you said we could go." One of them chocked out, taken aback by the woman's harsh words.

"I did, but the test began as soon as you all arrived. That was merely the first part, in which you both failed miserably. Not only that but you lied about why you were leaving, which only cements your shameful cowardice. I would not like a coward nor a liar for my partner- the one whom I am supposed to trust my life with. You are both dismissed." There was a subtle power behind her words. Though there was not a lot of noticeable anger behind them you could clearly tell she truly did mean every word and the meaning behind them. The bigger man clearly wanted to argue her claims, but the smaller one placed his hand on the man's shoulder and shook his head. The guy grunted, clicking his tongue before they both quickly left. Madoka didn't even watch them leave. She turned her gaze back to the group. "Does anyone else wish to leave?"
However, instead of anyone else following after them one of them spoke up. A young blonde girl filled with fire and passion. She spoke about how she was raring for a challenge and even went as far as to say Madoka should dismiss the others and allow her to go alone... A curious basket case, this one was. Madoka blinked at the girl, a fair bit of surprise shifting her features before they settled back into neutrality once again. It was suicide talk. If she was aware of what exactly the test was she probably wouldn't be so confident. But, even with the looming threat of death now dangling above their heads this rookie was wanting to shine through the others so much she was offering to go at it alone.
And why would Madoka keep her from having the moment in which she desired so much?

"Oh, an enthusiastic participant? Very well then. If you wish to go at it alone, you may." The gray haired Shinigami shooed the rest of the group away with the motion of her hand. "Everyone else is dismissed. Go back to whatever it is you do. If this girl insists to do the test solo she may do so." Sighs of relief soon followed, mutterings of gratitude. One of the guys even patted the blonde on the shoulder and shook his head before leaving.
When they were all gone Madoka approached the girl until she was in front of her. Now that she was up closer, she could tell she was younger than she had initially thought. A bit too young to die, even they did slow aging here. Madoka crossed her arms, staring right into those green eyes. "Tell me, what may I call my single test subject? Other than suicidal."
Madoka Kimura
Madoka Kimura

Back to top Go down

Post by Homura Seika Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:02 pm

"Wait, what? No, come back!"

Homura's mind flooded with panic as her tormentor in glasses dismissed the group, bar Homura. This didn't go according to plan, Homura's real plan that is. Why did she have to open her mouth? Homura she had to prove she was better than the others, well look at her now, on what was supposedly a suicide mission. Wasn't she clever? Yeah, clever when it came to getting herself in trouble. Homura held back a gulp and her body from shaking due to her nerves. She could do this, there was no way this little test could be that bad, right?

"My name? I'm surprised you haven't heard of me! I am Homura Seika, the best and brightest recruit for the Sixth Division! You may think I am suicidal, but if you knew the depths of my potential it is you who would be questioning why it is I even need to take this test!" Homura paused for a moment, her right hand moving up to her chin so as to rest in between her index and thumb, a cocky smirk on her lips. "Yes, that is the best course of action, my skills are so well known throughout my squad that you only need to ask any superior officer and they will tell you no such test is needed, my how lucky for you that one so qualified have gracefully fallen into your lap!" A little haughty laugh followed her declaration as the blonde woman almost struck a confident pose. "Heh, come on glasses take the bait, just do it. Please? I really don't want to fight anything." Hopefully, such a tactic would work but judging by Madoka's attitude towards the previous shinigami, there was a strong possibility that Homura's statement of greatness would rightfully be ignored.
Homura Seika
Homura Seika

Back to top Go down

Post by Madoka Kimura Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:08 am

Homura. Homura Seika. No, no such name resurfaced to the front of her mind. Madoka even took a moment to really get her mind going to see if she could remember anything attached to that name, anything at all. The pages in her brain flipped, but they were blank. Either the girl was lying or Madoka was out of the loop. Either was possible. Homura did seem pretty confident in herself, even if the gray haired woman found her bravado to be a bit overbearing. No one liked a big ego, even if you were capable of living up to it.
"Seika Homura?" Madoka hummed, looking the blonde up and down curiously. "Hm, that name doesn't seem to ring a bell. Then again I don't tend to mingle much with the new recruits of other squads. Either way, even though you say your power is great I would feel much more at ease if I could see this for myself to judge. After all, we all have different definitions of power and ability. What your superiors find to be a good quality may hinder you when it comes to my own needs. Surely if your greatness is as mighty as you claim it to be you should have no problems with my course... Unless you've suddenly grown feathers and gained the ability to produce eggs?" The last inquiry was asked with a hint of sass despite the blunt expression, her head tilting to the side in question. Calling her chicken. Was it a childish move? Maybe. But would it provoke Homura enough for her to agree to the test? Hopefully. It'd be a pain to gather up Shinigami again. She already had to do all the paperwork just for this, it'd be a shame to have to go through that process all over again after she just shooed the others away.
Madoka Kimura
Madoka Kimura

Back to top Go down

Post by Homura Seika Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:43 am

The noose tightened around Homura's neck. This woman's tongue was sharp, her words the guillotine to Homura's statements. Who even was she? Didn't matter this day, but Homura really wanted to know. She'd probably learn if she passed this test, which also meant living apparently. Maybe curiosity wouldn't kill the cat this day, just arrogance.

"Clearly my talent is above your pay grade." Homura made sure to emphasize the smugness of her words. If she was to die, at least she could make her killer feel slightly inferior for a brief moment. "I thought one who looked so learned as you would know of my ability. No matter, I was only trying to save your time from being wasted. Bring on your little 'challenge', I missed my morning exercises for this so I'm sure it'll at least give me that much of a workout, right?" A bit of a wink and a hand resting on the hilt of her sword is all the movement Homura needed to get her point across. She was ready to beat this, appearance-wise, in her mind she was struggling to figure out a way to escape this nightmare of a day. Well, if Homura was going to die, at least this girl looked weak enough for Homura to take her down with her, yeah if all else fail, she'd make sure she didn't die alone. Now if only she could get over her nerves for facing what could possibly be real combat... or maybe something even worse? No, she shouldn't think that way, clearly, it would just be some kind of battle.
Homura Seika
Homura Seika

Back to top Go down

Post by Madoka Kimura Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:32 pm

If Madoka's tongue was sharp than Homura's words were fire. No matter the insult or jest the blonde rebutted ten fold. She spoke like someone with something to prove. It was interesting to say the least. Madoka could not recall the last time she had come across someone like her. Most people in her department were stuffy and prudish. Even if she was a little much, she had to admit that passion was somewhat admirable. Hopefully that same fiery passion wouldn't be the very thing to get her into trouble... Although, most likely that was just wishful thinking.

The gray haired woman let out a huff of laughter between her lips, a small smile finally emerging onto her features. No matter what the outcome may be, this was going to be an interesting study at the very least. "Well, your tune changed drastically. I will take you at your word, but if you truly wish to save me time you will follow closely. Come. We have a ways to go."

It didn't take long to locate the Senkaimon. Madoka was wise enough to hold her meeting closer to the gate in order to lessen the travel time. The only improvised part of her plan was the location in the world of the living. There was no specific location in mind, mostly one devoid of living and preferably open spaced. Otherwise anything was fair game.
Though invisible to those who still walked among the living the black cloak of night shielded the two from sight anyway, their dark clothes helping immensely. The Senkaimon had opened up just above a small town. Luckily not a city or anything, but still populated, and therefore not the best place for this assessment. The woman landed on a tiled rooftop, taking in a moment to asses her surroundings. There were some open fields near the edges of town, but the towering shadow of steel beams caught her attention the quickest. She turned to Homura at her side, pale skin washed by the moonlight behind. "Follow." A command that almost seemed natural to ask of. It was not a question, but rather a demand. The Shinigami turned on foot and stepped off the roof, slipping onto one below and began to follow her location by running from rooftop to rooftop, the smooth jingle of bells signaling to Homura the way.

They were light on their feet and fast at that too, barely making a sound the entire way. Soon enough they reached the edge of town. The line of roofs had ceased and they were forced to follow a poorly cared for road which was more dirt and dry grass than pavement. To the side cattle and horses roamed the fields behind wooden fences, heads bowed down in search of food or fast asleep. It was a little hard to tell. At this point it was safe to say they had ended up in some sort of back water hick town. Which was good. Less humans to get in the way.
The grass soon stopped and instead dirt took over the land. There was a large lot in the middle of nowhere, empty aside from some framing and piles of gravel. Obviously at some point this was going to be something, some sort of building. But it looked abandoned and uncared for. Now it was left here to rot.
Madoka stopped once she reached the center of the base, the gravel under foot crunching with her footsteps. She took a moment to take in the silence. Aside from a few crickets and the wind, there was nothing. It was dead. They were far enough away. "This looks good enough. I suppose the question now is are you ready? Really, I shouldn't even be asking you that much, but since my original plan has changed from many to one I should be a little more delicate with how I proceed." She stated, reaching into the slit of her robe and pulling out a large circular device, holding it up for Homura to see.
Madoka Kimura
Madoka Kimura

Back to top Go down

Post by Homura Seika Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:19 pm

Never a good sign when the clearly detached individual smiles and then asks you to follow them. Homura in her infinite wisdom believed this test, whatever it may be, would be in their room, a courtyard, but as they travelled further it was clear such a thought was assuredly false. The senkaimon was their destination, which meant the word of the living. This was becoming far more troublesome than Homura predicted. it was one thing to perform a suicidal task while within the comfort of the soul society, but to do so in the world of the living, dangerous. Who even was this woman to command such a mission? Was this even legal? They were let through without issue so either it was authorized or a grand scheme was unfolding and Homura was in the middle of it. if that was the case it was clear, Homura wouldn't get her afternoon nap after all.

When they finally arrived through the gate Homura was surprised, it was night time? Did time operate differently? It certainly seemed to operate for different people in the soul society, so why not between the two worlds as well? The poor girl shook her head, did anything truly make sense in this universe, the sad realization being, no, not really. past a human village, or town? Homura wasn't sure based on the size, not that it mattered much at the moment for the pair moved away to what Homura could only guess was an assumed safe distance. Homura wouldn't call their distance safe, as they could still see the lights in the distance, but she also wasn't the one "in charge" right now, so what did her opinion matter?

Finally, the girl spoke again, well besides ordering Homura to follow. Was she really asking what Homura thought of this trip after they were at the destination? "You lead me to the middle of some backwater town and/or village, in the world of the living, and NOW you ask me if I am ready to get started?" An exasperated sigh left Homura's lips as she ruffled her hair, before settling on a facepalm. "Let's just... get this over with, okay? Okay."
Homura Seika
Homura Seika

Back to top Go down

Post by Madoka Kimura Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:35 pm

Madoka was expecting some sort of witticism at her own expense, but instead Homura only offered an exasperated reply. The woman offered her a somewhat confused glance, a sliver of an eyebrow raised in question. Just a mere hour before the girl had been rambunctious and boastful, but now she was acting like she didn't even want to be here. Was that just an act back there? Either that or the journey here had damped her spirit. The scientist, however, would choose not to linger on it In mere moments Homura's true nature would be revealed and placed under a microscope. If she was hiding anything, the squad four member would know.
The Shinigami's lips parted open, moonlight reflecting off her glasses, covering her eyes from view.

"Very well then." With those simple words Madoka tossed the disk at Homura. "It begins now."
If she caught it or not would not matter, the effect would become the same. When it landed the metal disk would start humming, a pale light emanating from the surface. The air around them would become thick and heavy, vibrating with energy, as if a high ranking officer had entered the area. At first it didn't really seem to do anything, and for a few moment appeared to be a flop other than managing to imitate a higher spiritual pressure. That was, at least, until the first crack in the sky appeared. What started as a fracture spread further and further across the night sky, clouds and stars fragmenting before a space opened by two long, pointy claws. Madoka stared up at the sky, the wind stirring up tossing her grayed locks around. Most Shinigami would probably become terrified by now, but the smaller woman only held an expression of shock turned to awe, wide eyes bright and thin lips turned into a joyous smile.
"It... It worked..." She breathed in, the words almost stuck in her throat. She took a step back. A white, bony face craned over the two, mantis-like with two bulbous eyes and a toothed, twitching palps. "It actually worked."
Madoka Kimura
Madoka Kimura

Back to top Go down

Post by Homura Seika Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:08 am

Homura wished she could know what was going on in the other woman's head, mostly so she could understand the true reason as to why she deserved to be punched in the face. Homura was tossed a strange device, nearly fumbling the thing to the ground. If she cared enough to send Homura out here with her to test this thing why did she just toss it? Was it meant to hit the ground was the woman just that careless? Judging by the fact that a human settlement was within eyeshot, yes she was that careless. Regardless, the device seemed pointless for the briefest of moments, and Homura was readying a fiery comeback when a crack appeared in the sky. Homura felt it with every fiber of her being, that distinct predatory gaze. Hollows.

Looking behind her up into the sky Homura caught a glimpse of the creature, some kind of mantis? Okay, why did it have to be a giant bug? Why not like a pig or a cat, seriously a giant bug. Today sucked. Snapping her attention back to Madoka Homura's right eye twitched slightly, "You made a device to summon hollows!? Are you insane!? Also, we are testing this near a human settlement, what if the hollows try and-" her clamming was cut short as the screech of the hollow alerted Homura to its attack. Instinctively, out of fear not bravery nor skill, she dodged to her right side, avoiding the scythe. Turning to face the creature, Homura tucked the device between her sash and withdrew her zanpaktou. The hollow cocked it's head oddly towards Homura, but didn't look directly at her. Course, it was looking at the device. Homura was tempted to ditch the thing, but if she did she'd probably get in trouble with someone that this girl had pull with; that and the hollow might destroy the device and then try and attack the town. Worse, what if there were more hollows on the way...

So that's why it was suicide to do it alone.

"Well, looks like this is how I die, in the middle of nowhere. Come to think of it, aren't I already dead? So does that mean I'd double die? Die Squared? How does one die as a soul? Why do we even refer to ourselves as alive in the first place?" Blinking Homura moved to her right again as the creature lunged, her inner thoughts almost distracting her, which granted was the plan, but still. Homura had two things to do, survive, and keep the humans safe. Madoka could perish though, that'd be fine. "Alright you big bug, come and get me if you can!" taunting the creature with her words, Homura dashed off towards the wilderness to try and distance herself from as many humans as possible, and hopefully escape the hollow without having to fight it. Even now as she dashed across the plains she could feel her sword handshaking. She really didn't want to fight anything today.

Last edited by Homura Seika on Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Homura Seika
Homura Seika

Back to top Go down

Post by Madoka Kimura Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:29 pm

The mantis Hollow took no time in finding its target. Like a moth to a flame it found the source of its predatory desire basically instantly- the disk, which was now tucked under the blonde's robes. It crawled out the hole and fell onto the earth with a mighty thump, sending tiny specs of gravel and dirt into the air. It had tried to get the first attack in, taking advantage of the height by using the force behind its fall to use its scythe arms like a guillotine but ultimately Homura had been faster with her reflexes enough to dodge out of the way. Mangled, grotesque noises escaped the creature's mouth in a roar before slurping and licking sounds took over. It was a very jittery thing, twitchy and shaky with its movements. Which, honestly made it grosser. But Madoka was still more happy that her invention actually worked to really be too worked up about the sight of a hideous beast.

Still, even when awe struck she was more than aware that she would have to get to safety. The disk may distract them, but stay in the way and she may become a target. Madoka hopped backwards through the scaffolding, climbing her way upwards until she reached the top of the unfinished building. There she safely watched Homura struggle, arms crossed over her chest. "Beautiful, is it not? I call it a Hollow Magnet." The gray haired woman replied down to the girl, rather than reaffirming any of her worries. "I'm sure you may be aware of something called Hollow Bait? Its been sort of a hot topic as of late. Quinces tend to use it the most. They're small tablets filled with vast spiritual pressure that when crushed send out pulses of energy which in turn attracts Hollows within a mile radius. Though of course, it's flawed. While there is a way to summon Hollows with it there is little you can do to drive them away once activated other than killing them. With my magnet, however, I sought to iron out that wrinkle. While it attracts Hollows the same way, it also has a function that drives them away. Hollows can actually be quite the scaredy cats. They feast on those with lower spiritual power and run from those with higher. So, the reverse effect sends out higher energy and repels them. Ah, the wonders of science." A small, content, kitty-like smile curved onto the edges of her lips as she thought on her own genius and how this may promote her in her field. She could smell the celebratory cupcakes now. She did ever so love icing.
As Homura fought Madoka explained the mechanics and intricacies of Hollows and spiritual pressure. Surely it would all go in one ear and out the other, but she was excited about her new invention. Couldn't stop her from being happy.

When Homura turned tailed Madoka followed, staying along the beams to elevate herself and stay out of the fray. She didn't plan to join in, although if Homura had been all bark and no bite she would probably have to.
Madoka Kimura
Madoka Kimura

Back to top Go down

Post by Homura Seika Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:44 am

"Come on, faster legs, I've got to get distance from that village before I even thinking of swinging my sword at that thing." From one annoyance to another would be the title of Homura's life right now. She had a hollow chasing her, sure that was annoying, but what really got her was when Madoka was giving chase. Homura couldn't handle passively hearing another rant about thing device or soul king forbid how Homura wasn't 'testing' it properly.

Speaking of testing, Homura halted her running to turn around and face the beast chasing her. Unsurprisingly the creature was quick, but not as quick as she initially thought. The first lunge was fast, but now it was slower? "Must only do a quick dash to surprise its prey. if that's the case then I can try and trick it to getting close and slice it down from the side as I dodge it. Should be no-" again her train of thought was cut off as she felt rumbles emit from the soft ground. She had been looking where she was running, sure, but Homura hadn't been paying full attention. Rolling Forward Homura spun on the ground as a thunderous tackle grazed her. Flipping back to her feet she caught a glimpse of what she suspected was the attacker, another hollow.

She couldn't analyze it further, as her mind flipped back to the one that was pursuing her, thankfully in time for Homura to ready her blade to block the massive scythes of the beast that aimed at her heart. The chattering of the hollows maw enclosed on Homura's head before she dashed back, letting the scythes fall to the ground and the creature bite miss. The soft ground proved a problem however, as Homura felt her traction weaken when she landed. The terrain was against her. if only it had been a full moon, then she could see her surroundings clearly, but as it stood the lighting wasn't the best. She was probably near a marsh if she had to guess. The rumbling started up again as Homura pushed power into her legs to take a leap in the air to avoid yet another tackle, but like before the mantis hollow lunged at her, this time with Homura being in the air left her more vulnerable.

Though she blocked the blow Homura was knocked to the ground, sliding as she landed and with a shake of her head she regained enough composure to roll to the side avoiding the follow-up attack by the beast. Rising again Homura went to swing at the mantis, yet her hand shook. her target was a hollow, but the mere idea of seeing blood fly in front of her face again gave her just enough pause to stop mid-motion. Hopping backwards Homura held her zanpaktou in front of her, minding both of her opponents. "Come on Homura, you can do it, you've done it before, don't let it win. Don't let your fear beat you." Though she was focused, Homura could feel Madoka by her, and she shuttered with a tinge of anger. "Hey, glasses girl, you mind, oh I don't know, making a less suicidal invention next time!"

Last edited by Homura Seika on Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Homura Seika
Homura Seika

Back to top Go down

Post by Madoka Kimura Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:19 pm

She would have to admit Homura was holding out better than the fourth squad member originally thought. If she had been like any of those other greens Madoka pulled to try her experiments on they would have pissed their pants and played dead. But after getting enough distance she actually turned and swung her sword. It was at this moment Madoka understood why the blonde turned tail in the first place. She was in fact not turning tail at all. Rather, she was gaining enough distance from the village so it would not be effected by the magnet's pull. A true, genuine bleeding heart. Despite having no connection to this area at all, she was still willing to protect it. Then again, that was the job of a Shinigami, wasn't it? To protect the innocent? So was she just doing her job, or was the girl just genuinely good?
Madoka pondered these thoughts and she stopped on the edges of the large wiring and continued to watch Homura fight, now dealing again not just one Hollow but two. The wind from so high up ruffled her robes and hair, though not enough to make her lose balance.
It was only now that Homura seemed to struggle, hesitating a blow that probably would have been devastating to the beast. "... Interesting." Obviously, there was a reason as to that. She would have to scrounge through some files later.

Madoka was actually somewhat pleased to find that Homura had shaken off her fear and regained her spicy tongue, commenting that next time her inventions shouldn't be so deadly. Madoka pushed up her glasses, a huff of laughter escaping her lips. "I can make no promises, the field of silence requires danger for improvement. I will, however, take your note into consideration." Banter at a time like this? Well Homura started it, she might as well amuse her.

However, from behind the dusty gray a slim, white snake crawled up the metal poles, twisting and binding around them until it got to the very top- the place where Madoka was. Yellow slits for eyes landed on the Shinigami and she fate was sealed. Its fork-like tongue flicked out between its lips, inching forward towards her until it was merely inches from touching her heel. In stopped just before, winding back to strike and bite down. Only, when it went for the lunge it was stopped by a foot to the head. The snake let out a hiss as its mask was crushed underfoot, sending back down to the metal ground with its mouth clamped shut. It writhed and wiggled under Madoka's stern footing before letting out a hiss. "Thought you could sneak up on me, snake?"

"Hisss... You sensed me, Soul Reaper. But you are a fool to not strike me dead the first chance you got." Confused by his words Madoka looked upwards to see his tail raising, and before she knew it, a blast of purple poison coated her vision. It sprayed her face, at first cold and surprising. Taken aback by this she let out a gasp stumbled backwards, allowing the snake to go free. She grabbed her face, attempting to wipe the stuff off, but no matter how hard she wiped it was still there. Darkness. She couldn't see. She was blind.
Madoka Kimura
Madoka Kimura

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down