Bleach Sakura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Crow Story; Experience Request // Arc I: One Among the Flock

2 posters

Go down

A Crow Story; Experience Request // Arc I: One Among the Flock Empty A Crow Story; Experience Request // Arc I: One Among the Flock

Post by La Fuerza of the Flock Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:24 pm

The Threads =========================

Chapter 1: Audience with a Crow // The oversaturated city of Karakura provides enough food for a Crow’s consciousness to form. They are perched along the path of a shinigami when a Crow steps out from the Flock to observe and learn. The bird’s fragile ego is shattered when emotions overwhelm them and they are quickly dispatched by the shinigami.

Chapter 2: Dead Ball in Karakura // The consciousness continues to evolve as a Crow finds themselves tantalized by the unique tastes of a soul. Not as otherworldly as a shinigami, but still strange and new. They approach and the bird is able to use phrases they’ve heard to converse with the quincy before hunger overtakes their rational mind and the animal within attacks. The quincy, using an unorthodox method, dispatches the bird with a single throw.

Chapter 3: 木枯らし // Kogarashi // The consciousness within grows more and more sophisticated with each death. They have yet to confront the growing hunger and seemingly black spots in their memory, but another encounter with a shinigami forces everything forward. The consciousness embraces the hunger within to stay cogent, but the hunger corrupts them. It’s only in the moments before death that the mind inside a Crow realizes they aren’t just a single bird, but the entire Flock.

The Story =========================

A hollow of unique proportions, the Flock evolved to disperse itself over a scattered group of physical bodies to survive the ages. It flew where the concentration of souls was the largest and ended up in Karakura Town. There the hollow had their fill, picking up scraps from bigger predators and cornering smaller souls in dark alleyways. Over time, the souls accumulated within the multitude resulting in a spark of intelligence. Weak as it was, the spark didn’t last long, only able to survive inside of a single Crow. This is where the story began.

A Crow began to awaken and would leave the Flock to gather more intelligence. They had the freedom to reflect on the world around them in a concrete and mindful way. Over time, and after a few deaths, they learned of emotions and their animalistic drives; they learned of the hunger that drove the beast within them; and they learned of the world and the souls that inhabit it. All of this searching accumulated and the intelligence grew from a spark into a flame fanned by the will to survive. Finally, the mind became strong enough to realize that death was different for them. Other crows fell, but the Flock remained, and in the moment of death for a Crow during a fight between a shinigami, they closed their eyes and the Flock opened theirs.

[P.S. public. feedback is nice, but not necessary. wouldn't mind a different face grading this one too, but would be happy with whoever]
La Fuerza of the Flock
La Fuerza of the Flock

https://www.jamesckeller.com/

Nao Aoki likes this post

Back to top Go down

A Crow Story; Experience Request // Arc I: One Among the Flock Empty Re: A Crow Story; Experience Request // Arc I: One Among the Flock

Post by Meridith Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:10 pm

hello, yes, this is birb.

Same arc you presented for your First Power with a little more in Kogarashi.

We begin at five stars and add or remove based on notable additions or glaring omissions.
+1 - Writing - Solid writing. What I said before applies here. I won't be granting the bonus for the fun way you write the Crow twice but you've delighted and surprised me thus.
+0 - Story - Bleachy but disconnected. What is great here is the growth not necessarily the arc of what you're doing between the movements of your character's story.
+1 - Growth - Solid stuff, you're a hollow and you did a lot of great work being a Hollow and evolving along those lines. The crow begins as this gang of individual asshole birds and through the steady application of death, observation and pants-shitting terror of mimicry they emerge as a cohesive consciousness. I like it a lot and expect I know where you're going on ahead.
+0 - Impact - You thread with three people across three threads, I don't think you break any wild ground, but Kogarashi seemed quite impactful and you work well with your partners.

Congrats! This is a solid 7 STAR request! Go ahead and link this post to your profile and redeem for

3 Threads x 7 Star Rating = 450 EXP!
Meridith
Meridith

La Fuerza of the Flock and Nao Aoki like this post

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum