Bleach Sakura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Smoking Allowed! [Closed, Watari]

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

No Smoking Allowed! [Closed, Watari] Empty No Smoking Allowed! [Closed, Watari]

Post by Yuki Kameko Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:48 pm

I really don't think that this is a good idea.

Come on. It'll be fine. Really! Don't you trust me?

I don't trust you to make the right decisions.

So I should just kill everyone then, right?

Right.

It was going to be one of those days. She already was a little iffy about Watari visiting her place. Having to contend with a recently active zanpakuto didn't help matters either. They fought together, sure, but on most things they clashed against one another. If one were to ask the spirit of her blade then it was as though she never made the right choice on matters regarding, well, anything!

When did he say he was coming around?

She had been waiting for a good ten minutes now, standing at the front gate. Today she wore a kimono. Soft pink awash with cherry blossoms along the bottom, as though she were passing through a wave of the delicate flowers. Her sash was a slightly darker shade. But she was also armed. That was the tradition of the fifth, and she still didn't entirely trust Watari. For that reason her chest was wrapped as well, just in case a fight broke out. Well, that and due to some recent injuries in the field. Her forearms and right leg were also wrapped in some bandages. Not that such a thing would be visible, but it was important for her to remember that she wasn't exactly back up to one hundred percent today.

As for why she was here, well, she had two reasons. First, she didn't really like asking other people to do her chores for her. Yes, she had a servant now, a wonderful woman named Rei, but it still felt awkward asking her to do anything. Second, Watari was a smoker. She wasn't going to be allowing that on her estate. The Soul King himself could descend upon them from whatever throne he sat within and she still wouldn't allow it! Heck, she'd even put up a little sign at the entrance to her estate!

She does make better tea though. I guess it wouldn't be terrible if I asked her for some, right?
Yuki Kameko
Yuki Kameko

Back to top Go down

No Smoking Allowed! [Closed, Watari] Empty Re: No Smoking Allowed! [Closed, Watari]

Post by Bill Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:39 am

“So tell me again how inviting yourself to Yuki’s estate is going to benefit you?”

“It doesn’t”

Watari walked through the Soul Society, his traditional business attire seeming to be the only thing he ever wore anymore. His shirt sleeves of his navy business shirt were rolled up and he’d yet again chosen to forego a tie. The truth was, did he ever lately act as a Shinigami? No, not really, the Sixth had pretty much ostracized him. He was seated, but not. He had all the authority a user of a Shikai would, and he didn’t. In short, Watari as always was an exception.

“Then why?”

“You’ve read the same reports I have, she’s been in countless brawls”

Fights with the fifth and sixth, apparent reports on multiple Hollow attacks and the situation with the Hollow Bait. It seemed wherever Yuki Kameko went she caused a fight, or multiple, Yuki literally caused chaos.

“She loves to fight? Why’s that so hard. Also, I’m a sword remember, I don’t have eyes. I can’t read. Everything I experience is a fixed series of images that you choose to part to me”

“It’s not that Bezaliel. It’s. . . “

“She’s becoming like you?”

“Exactly”

Regardless of his Zanpakuto sudden desire for awareness of what it was to the external world, it’s insightfulness into his own soul was starting to become unnerving. Watari guessed that was the point though, a Zanpakuto Spirit became more aware and it’s master just had to adjust to that - then Bankai happened. Apparently. The bankai process had not been obvious to Watari but he was sure it would happen eventually, it took time and often years to master.

It did not take Watari long before he saw Yuki in the distance, how long had she been waiting? She wore a lovely kimono that reminded him of the noble party and still had her Zanpakuto at her side.

As the Head of the Suzumei neared the gate he greeted her.

“Yuki, I didn’t really expect to be met by you, surely your handmaid could have?” actually as Watari said the words he did wonder why she was waiting exactly on the border of her estates. Was there something he was missing? Was she planning on taking him somewhere else?
Bill
Bill
Admin

https://bleachsakura.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

No Smoking Allowed! [Closed, Watari] Empty Re: No Smoking Allowed! [Closed, Watari]

Post by Yuki Kameko Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:55 am

Ah. There he is.

Now when he approaches you just let me take care of everything.

She smelled the man a couple minutes before he became visible. It wasn't just that she knew his scent, it was the smoking. He reeked. That dirty little habit of his left quite the blip on her internal radar. But hopefully she could change that about him too.

You are really set on changing this man, aren't you? What's next? Are you going to choose what he wears too?

It's not wrong to help people better themselves. Also smoking is vile.

Sounds like you're getting a little too close here.

Hah! What? No! No. It's just if we're going to be working together anyways I might as well do this, right? Don't friends help each other?

He's your friend now?

No! Not yet! Probably not yet! But maybe it can happen eventually, right?

You're never going to make friends because people don't really like you. They just want to use you.

Their conversation was finally cut short when Watari neared them. Yuki let out a gentle sigh of relief. These little conversations of theirs were becoming increasingly weird lately. Or was that sort of thing weird to talk about? She didn't honestly know.

As was customary for a host Yuki lowered her head respectfully upon the man's arrival. "I could have, yes. But it still feels weird ordering people around. Besides, I asked her to make tea. She is much better at it than I am. In any case, welcome."

She straightened herself out, only to then raise a hand towards the little sign she'd posted. It was a picture of a cigarette in a circle, crossed through by a line. In fact it was a direct ripoff of what they used on Earth. Why fix what was not broken?

"I do not allow such things within my estate. I must ask that you surrender them here for disposal. Or set them somewhere you can pick up at another time. All of them. I'll know" she warned, moving her hand over to point briefly at her nose.
Yuki Kameko
Yuki Kameko

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:03 am

“Ehh, I can’t smoke? Surely . . .” Watari’s eyes snapped to hers and then back to the sign. Then back to that garnet orb of hers and then back to the sign and then back to her. Watari heaved a sigh and pulled a packet out of one of his sleeves and dropped it onto the ground. Surely, she wasn’t serious though right? But . . . the sign and she clearly was. She wasn’t going to let him into the estate unless he gave them all up.

Watari pulled two packets out of his sleeves and pants and dropped them onto the ground next to the first packet. He retrieved another packet that was sewn into a compartment underneath his shirt, finally he extracted one from a compartment in his shoes heel and also dropped that one on the ground.

“Are you happy?”

It was weird, the moment he dropped that last packet he began to have cravings, Watari hated his addiction but it was necessary and Yuki telling him to get rid of what he held dear was pushing a line that surprisingly he was okay about crossing for now.

“You know my clothes smell of it right? I’m told this frequently. What are you going to get me to do? Shower in your estate and provide a fresh change of clothes?”
Watari muttered whilst he pulled another pack out of a compartment hidden on his Zanpakuto scabbard and also dropped that one to the ground.

“You’re a real pushover”

“I’m not walking all the way out here to just turn around”

‘You mean because it’s Yuki”

Watari didn’t argue with his spirit. Honestly he couldn’t deny that he felt things for the wolf-girl lately she seemed to be the centre of a lot of his plans if not as a piece, as an interaction. Everywhere he turned, every thread he spun, Yuki Kameko was at the middle of it doing /something/ it was equal parts infuriating as it was mystifying.

"Okay, how about now?"
Bill
Bill
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuki Kameko Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:22 am

One by one the man relieved himself of the cigarette packs. He had a lot more on him than she'd realized. Like, why did he need so many? Heck he even had some hidden within his clothes! Literally sewn in!

Yeah. He might have a problem.

Don't we all?

He did have a point. Even if she did search him he'd just smell of smoke everywhere. Okay, that plan would not have worked. He did suggest a much better one. In fact she seemed to contemplate the idea for a good minute, finger lingering thoughtfully at her lips.

Perfect! When he's naked he'll be vulnerable. You can cut him down then. Finish this silly business of yours.

No. That would be asking too much.

He might be hiding more than cigarettes!

Trust is earned.

With a shake of her head she turned, venturing forth into the estate! "I won't make you shower. Although if you wish to do so we do have a couple guest houses. One of the men could borrow you something."

Compared to Watari's estate Yuki's was pretty simple. Traditional Japanese style architecture. A wall surrounded the compound, roughly five meters high. Along the entrance stood eight cherry trees. A stone path led throughout the entire estate, breaking up the multiple buildings. She waved towards the first two that they reached, one on either side of the main road leading in.

"The guest houses. Up ahead you'll see the clan's compound."

Not far beyond sat the main building, the road ending in a small plaza situated between the three houses. After a brief climb up some old stone stairs they arrived at the main entrance. One of the retainers stood guard here. With a brief nod he slid open the front door, whereupon they reached a simple seating room. There was a large table, multiple cushions, tatami floors, and fairly plain shoji walls. Really just a plain tatami room.

The little wolf ventured over to the table, settling down upon a cushion. As usual she sat on her knees. Her zanpakuto was removed, sheathe and all, and settled upon the floor next to herself. Then she waved for Watari to have a seat while the door was closed behind them.

"Rei should be around soon with tea."
Yuki Kameko
Yuki Kameko

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:46 am

“Oh you have men servants now?” Watari asked as he followed her deeper into her estates grounds. Thankfully she hadn’t done more than ask and thankfully for her Watari had been honest. His trusty heel packet was the real kicker and letting that go had really hurt his ego a tiny bit. To be honest as they walked Watari was pretty sure he had been misled about how much property Yuki Kameko had, he was sure he’d been under the impression that this was a minor house, but maybe it was her family that was lacking, not her servants. Either way.

“Either way, I will shower at your request”
the Head of the Suzumei responded, he was not interested in picking a fight with Yuki this early into their encounter. Hell, he wasn’t interested in picking a fight at all if he could help it. She was a wolf at heart and Watari liked that about her. Watari kneeled across from Yuki on a cushion, thank god she had cushions, the pious Hatayama didn’t and Watari’s knees still remembered how much they’d hurt afterwards.

“You talk of your house being minor, I feel I was misled. The Kameko estate is a lot more lavish than was let on. Perhaps I’m ignorant after all”
the Head mused. Yuki was after all the only surviving member of her clan, Watari had this image in his head that her estate would be well . . .a house and not much else. It seemed his biases had really gotten in the way of the image of the Kameko. The former grandeur, sure the family was lost but the beauty remained.

Watari looked at Yuki and then at her Zanpakuto, realising he hadn’t done the same and repeated the motions that Yuki had done moments before. He nodded in apology.

“Well it’s nice you still have them employed. I did expect you to fire them at some point but maybe you’ve grown content in some noble sensibilities”
Bill
Bill
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuki Kameko Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:57 am

"Ah. One of the retainers. I suppose when your house is large enough you tend to forget a few faces."

Indeed, her place was, compared to a commoner, still very nice. However she had seen the estates of other nobles, Watari and the Baozhai included. Compared to her own they were quite massive! Especially considering Watari had pretty much just seen a good majority of the place.

"Very well. We have a small open air bath in the back next to the garden. Beyond that and the small servant's quarters, well, you've pretty much seen it all. It's not very glamorous, but then that is exactly how I would have it."

At the mention of the servants Yuki shook her head. "I wasn't about to force them out of their jobs, or their families out of what they have now. Occasionally I ask them to perform some minor tasks, but otherwise they are free to live their lives as they wish." Really Rei was the most aggressive about her role. The first night had been a little embarrassing, but then Watari really didn't need to hear about that whole ordeal.

Yuki sniffed at the air. She could smell tea. Rei was probably on her way already. There wasn't really much point in holding off the conversation.

"So, I must ask. Why did you wish to visit me today?"
Yuki Kameko
Yuki Kameko

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:39 am

“Oooh how the noble Yuki Kameko has fallen. Forgotten a few faces? If I recall you were telling me how poisoning was bad and how people deserved to be as equal to nobles” Watari teased as he looked across at her. He was right after all, it seemed in her own estates Yuki was just like any other noble entertaining her guest. Which was to say, she was like all the rest, she was a noble through and through despite how she denied it.

An open air bath? Watari couldn’t think of anything worse, but that was because he preferred to bathe in the confines of his showers where nobody could see him. Why anybody would like to be out in the open when they bathed was beyond the noble but considering her wolfish tendencies, was he at all surprised? The answer was no. Not really.

“What? Can I not visit my favorite wolfish noble in her estate as a friend? Is that not allowed my dear Yuki?” did she really think he’d come with a reason? Well he had, but that wasn’t the point! Did she think so little of him that he didn’t care for her enough to come for no reason at all then to enjoy her company? Well, he was Watari Suzumei, so maybe that was the correct assumption made, but he didn’t have to sell himself as that!

It was at that moment Yuki’s Handmaid entered the room and prostrated herself on the floor almost immediately somehow also managing to place the tray of tea neatly on the ground in front of her in one swift movement.

“Y-y-young master! Lady! I have brought tea!” Rei had been Yuki’s handmaid since Watari had decided and despite her being completely inconspicuous somehow she had quickly become a staple of the Kameko household. She expertly placed the tea on the table with accompanying cups and began to leave the room.

“If you require anything just ask!”
Bill
Bill
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuki Kameko Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:55 am

Lips curled slightly into a soft frown. Had he forgotten how he'd forced these servants upon her? Not that she minded so much these days. They were kind and she was helping them. And of course she paid them well for what little assistance she did request. Even so, she did not take kindly to being compared with other nobles!

"It still is bad and people still do deserve to be treated as equals" mumbled the wolf. However when Watari mentioned visiting her as a friend, well, her mind just shut down. Eyes remained glued to her guest. He'd just called her a friend. She didn't know what to make of it.

A friend?

He's using you.

He called me a friend.

It's just a ploy.

Are we friends?

Look at how distracted you are! He just wants something from you.

Did I actually make a friend?

He wants to marry you.

Marry me? Oh. Yes. That.

He will marry you, he will pump some children out of you, and then he will steal your estate.

This feels weird. It seems weird. Is this friendship?

Then he will kill you.

I'm so confused.

KILL HIM!

It was only when Rei entered the room that Yuki finally snapped out of her little moment. She turned towards the young woman, lowering her head in gratitude. "Thank you Miss Rei. Could you please prepare some clothes at the eastern guest house for Watari? He will be taking a bath. Eventually. Um. Then you may take a break if you wish."

Friends. How did we become friends? Friendship is so strange.

She reached forth, pouring tea into the two cups provided to them. After setting down the kettle she leaned over, setting one cup closer to Watari before she settled back into her seat. A long sip was taken from her cup. Then another. And then, finally, she responded to the man.

"I suppose that is fine."
Yuki Kameko
Yuki Kameko

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:03 am

Wait, what was that? Had she said he was taking a bath? Soul King be damned, did she think he was going to bathe here? Watari had thought they’d sailed way past that point, Watari had assumed he was safe and now? The Head of the Suzumei would be fine! Fine! He could take one bath in a public setting, there weren’t even that many people around.

“The young master will bathe here?!” the woman once again threw herself to the ground in front of Watari prostrating herself and mumbling. Watari was sure he heard some yes right aways and begged for my forgiveness if this isn’t satisfactory amongst the floorboards. The Shinigami raised his hand.

“It’s fine, if our lady wishes that’s what I’ll have to do” Watari sighed but the woman seemed astounded as she stood and nodded to him and quickly backed out of the room. Little did Watari know Rei’s head was afire with reconfirmed suspicions that her lady and lord were indeed courting and now they were thinking about making it public! She’d do her best! The absolute best! She’d make this bath amazing!

As Yuki leant forward he had allowed himself to savor her strawberry scent, how did she do that? It wasn’t because she gardens, maybe it was some perfume? Either way Watari wasn’t going to complain, he was letting himself drift away in her presence. The Head of Suzumei picked up the cup and took a small sip of it looking into Yuki’s eye, was she okay? She was quieter than he’d expected.

“Are you alright? You’re quieter than usual Yuki”
Bill
Bill
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuki Kameko Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:14 am

Yuki nodded once. Of course he would! After all he was their guest and he had requested one, had he not? Heck, it had been his idea in the first place! Well, an off-handed joke about her searching him. Still.

Wait. What?

"Wait. What? I thought-"

Oh. Rei was already gone. She certainly was quick when it came down to her duties. Very eager too. Sometimes perhaps just a little too much so. But she was nice and Yuki was trying to help her relax a little more in life.

The wolf sighed, drawing her tea up to her lips again to sip at it. "I apologize. I misheard you earlier. I thought you desired a bath. Well, you don't need to take one. I trust already that you removed all the cigarettes."

She was also distracted too when she said it. Well, that was better left unsaid. Then he went and asked about it. Not telling something wasn't always a lie. But he wanted a direct answer. Sort of.

"Yes. I was simply caught off guard. The concept of having friends is new to me and it is still something I am attempting to grapple with. Especially considering everything that has happened between us thus far."
Yuki Kameko
Yuki Kameko

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:21 am

“You’ve been distracted since I got here” Watari commented savoring the tea, what was in this stuff? It had hints of strawberries in it which when coupled with Yuki’s presence just put his mind on fire. Fighting against the urge to drink the cup he put it down and eyed the female Shinigami across from him, the concept of friends? Was that why he kept getting all these reports about her getting into fights? He was keeping tabs on her of course, he kept tabs on everyone, that was Watari’s thing and he was very good at it.

“Surely after all this time you of all people understand that what I did was a necessary evil and was no less terrible than anything other nobility has done?” Watari was still hugely bothered by noble hypocrisy, to them poisoning was the most vile thing he had done. It wasn’t the fact he’d killed most of the nobility, no, well those that were affected by it he was sure hated him. It was the fact that Watari hadn’t done it with his blade. It was as if they respected him less, simply because he didn't’ do the job with a sword in hand.

But you fixed that didn’t you?

“I would think that we have grown close lately, between the skies in Karakura and that time you spent at my estate. Out of anybody in Soul Society - outside of Titus of course, you’re the one person I would consider a friend the most” and that's the truth. He guessed Zenji counted? But Zenji was more of a scheming confidant and yes man that agreed with Watari out of fear rather than respect. Well, there was probably respect somewhere in that monk, but not much, not yet.

Yuki understood Watari and Watari understood Yuki. Both of them wanted the same thing but their parts were warped and while Watari himself wasn’t going to deny his feelings for the woman in front of him, he also didn’t want it to get in the way of his friendship with her.

But if it became more?

The Head of the Suzumei eyed his cup.
Bill
Bill
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuki Kameko Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:33 am

"Ah. No. I didn't mean it like that-" she mumbled briefly in response, only to go quiet again. Already her cup was half drained. It was helping to calm her, but it was also just really good. Rei was gifted in this craft. Perhaps Yuki could help her establish some sort of tea shop? Would she like that? Yuki would need to ask her later. For all she knew Rei was perfectly content where she was.

Closer. He is right.

SO HE CAN STAB YOU!

I suppose when I look at it like that then yeah, maybe we are friends.

YOU'RE NOT!

A slight smile flashed for a moment upon her face. Even her tail was wiggling just a little bit behind her. Of course by the time she finished her cup and set it down her stoic expression had returned. She poured herself some more tea before offering seconds to Watari.

"You are right. Yes. We are friends. I didn't mean to drag out what happened at the party. It happened. I couldn't stop it. And while I disagree with the method the end will ultimately be the same. In one way you took the easy path, but in another you did not. It's complicated."

Like friendship. So complicated.
Yuki Kameko
Yuki Kameko

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:41 am

The Head of the Suzumei swirled his tea as he let her speak and gladly accepted the seconds. Well, at least she’d backed down about the bathing, but maybe she wanted him to? He did really value her friendship so maybe he should consider. Really there was only Rei and Yuki in the area anyway and Rei was preparing the bath so he guessed he would just wait for her to return.

“It’s fine. It’s lonely but we’ve spoken about that before” Watari smiled, and took another sip just letting them sit in silence for a while. There was no ferocity pushing both of them, there was no animosity making her want to tear out his throat, there wasn’t even any plan twisting in the background to pick her up and push her along. He had visited for a reason and that reason was probably the most sincere move Watari had done in recent days, he cared about Yuki and he was worried.

“Everybody dragged it out. They just had to work through it. Apparently some people are trying to investigate who did it but the Baozhai have recently done a complete media blackout and even Meili has gone suspiciously quiet” Watari observed. Meili would be fine ,she would probably pop back out of hiding in a couple months and he’d find out she’d rented one of those human consoles and had binged it to shirk responsibilities.

“You know I’m already moving pieces to curtail the investigations and before you ask, no, nobody will die”

Bill
Bill
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuki Kameko Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:51 am

After offering tea she settled back into place upon the cushion. They had spoken about it before. There wasn't much point in bringing it up again right now. But there were apparently things to discuss in relation to it. Important things.

"If Meili needs a place to stay she is certainly welcomed here. And I did sort of figure that, yes. You have always been very good at that sort of thing. Also, to be perfectly clear, I do not mind killing. Killing is fine if you are taking out the right people. Innocents and civilians should be left out of it. And I would prefer more straight forward actions."

It really was difficult for her to get over the whole poisoning thing. Such a move was too dishonorable for her not to get worked up by it. She took another sip before she continued. "But I also understand that it is not how you do things. I have heard word of your visiting certain people. I asked that you change your ways and it appears as though you have. So I must thank you for that. You are trying. That is what really matters. I don't expect such changes overnight."

Yes, he might have visited Zenji, and yes to her it might have sounded like he used a little bit of coercion. Well. Maybe. Perhaps that was all in her mind? Her expectations? She couldn't be certain now.

I do like this. Just sitting here, enjoying tea. Talking.

RIP HIS GUTS OUT!

Not fighting. It's weird. But it's nice.
Yuki Kameko
Yuki Kameko

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:01 am

Watari watched her as she spoke, the way her gentle tail moved, the way her mouth formed the words she was saying. She was being honest, but the lack of anger and edge on her words was alien to Watari. Had he actually won her over? Was she actually okay with him? It felt strange to be accepted by somebody who should by all rights be running him through with a Zanpakuto as he was an affront to her nature.

“Have I killed any innocents? No” Okay, that was a white lie, a little white lie, technically he’d killed some mortals but that wasn’t him. They had killed themselves, whilst they had been fighting the fire he’d started and Watari wasn’t at fault there. If Raphael had been a tiny bit faster nothing would’ve happened and they would’ve happily gone on with their day. Could he kill innocents? Probably not, he hadn’t even struck that Hollow until provoked.

“Oh, are you finally deciding to play the game? I heard you met Hatayama-san, he will be a great ally in the coming months but I’ve also heard other things” Watari swirled the cup with the tip of his finger as he contemplated how to approach this. But stepping around the facts never got him anywhere with Yuki, it would be easier just to be out with it.

“I’m changing but you’re changing too, you’ve been in triple the amount of brawls then anybody else in fifth division and yes - again before you ask - I have been keeping tabs but what did you expect of me?”
Bill
Bill
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuki Kameko Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:10 am

I doubt that.

SEE! A LIAR! TEAR OUT HIS TONGUE!

Still, it couldn't be avoided in these sorts of things. Not that she condoned it. No. Far from it. But he was trying to be better. That meant a lot to her. Perhaps he might change enough in the future to become a good person, at least in her eyes. Well. Eye.

"No. I still refuse to play the game of nobility. I'll be doing things my own way. I have plans. Plans to change everything. But those are for the future."

She had been getting into plenty of fights, yes, but then she'd always been getting into fights. Not that she really kept track of them. There were far too many for that. But she supposed it was possible that she was getting into more fights recently.

"It has always been that way. I enjoy the hunt. In the past it was sticking up to other nobles who hurt me. I have also noticed quite the increase in special Humans. A few of those incidents also ended in battle. But yes. You are right. I fight a lot."

There was no issue in her mind. How else would she get stronger? She needed that strength to accomplish change. And it was enjoyable! Very much so! One of the few things she agreed upon with her spirit!

"There will be plenty more in the future. This is how I will accomplish things."
Yuki Kameko
Yuki Kameko

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:20 am

“Oh really?” Either way regardless of what Yuki said, Watari’s own pieces were being nudged across the board. There were a few meetings he still needed to have and the second noble meeting as well.. But that was okay, things were coming together at a satisfactory rate. It wouldn’t be long now before the Soul Society knew the name Watari outside of the shadows of noble houses and noble games.

“Some people would say you fight too much, not that I think you can’t handle it” Watari added, gesturing towards her Zanpakuto, the Shinigami knew that Yuki’s bond with her Zanpakuto had grown stronger probably to the point that it rivalled his and Bezaliels. Her spiritual pressure had also blossomed, was that why the heady aroma of strawberries seemed to penetrate his nose? No, this was just her room. He was imagining things again.

“And the wounds? They say there were a few times you were near death”
Watari was fine with the fighting, he had no worries in Yuki’s strength. She was a formidable fighter and a powerful Shinigami. But warriors had their limits, the battle fervor had it’s limit, it started to have a toll on you mentally and physically. Everybody had a breaking point, they were gods but they weren’t invincible.

“As a Shinigami, as a family head and as your friend. I worry about you Yuki”
Bill
Bill
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuki Kameko Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:47 am

Too much fighting? Can't say I agree with that.

EXACTLY! HE WANTS YOU TO BE WEAK!

A slight shrug emerged as her answer to his comment. Of course he was right about the wounds too. She had suffered many. In fact at this very moment she had quite a few still in recovery. But it only meant that she'd had some enjoyable scuffles.

"I do bear many injuries. Yes, even now while we speak. But it's always been like this. You need not worry about me."

It felt weird having someone worry for her. Such a thing hadn't really been in her mind for many, many years. Still, it did bring back some pleasant memories, the same ones brought to mind by the strawberries she grew. In any case it was something she would need to get used to, just as he would need to get used to the idea of her being injured.

Once more her cup was drained of tea. It was really, really good. This time she waited on refilling the little ceramic dish as she wanted Watari a chance to enjoy another serving. after all it would be rude if she took it all for herself.
Yuki Kameko
Yuki Kameko

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:15 pm

“I still do” Watari sighed into his cup, if she wasn’t going to listen he’d still watch. Already the gears were in motion, Suzumei mercy was already affecting some of those people she’d fought and Watari was putting plans in place to make sure those people were never a problem again. He wondered if he had a problem, if constantly micromanaging his pieces on the board through subtle tells and leads was the definition of insanity. If it was, he had probably accepted his fate by now.

“I have no idea what your maid does to this tea but it’s far too high quality to be contained within a noble estate” Watari said sipping some of the fine liquid. Where had that maid got to anyway? He’d sorta grown warmer to the idea of a bath now as he’d been allowed to stew in it. He leant back in the cushion to watch her for a moment, was she injured under the kimono? Just what was the extent of her wounds? Sure he’d received reports of injuries sustained but very little details.

“I have scars now, from where you clawed me” he commented showing her the three long scars that ran down the length of his arm. He could have had them removed but he didn’t, in a way they served as a fond reminder of the wolf girl who would put him down if he got too bad, but he had been managing his battle fervor and guile lately. All she did was fight, was it worth it? Was she getting anywhere? It made Watari wonder.

“And what have you accomplished?”

Bill
Bill
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuki Kameko Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:29 pm

"Agreed. I was going to ask her at some point whether or not she'd be interested in opening a tea shop."

Had he crept into her mind somehow? No. Rei was just that good. Anyone could come to the same conclusion. Even so it was a bit creepy. She had just been pondering about that!

Her head tilted for a moment. Why did he still have the scars? It probably wasn't anything she need concern herself with, nor something to judge him upon. After all she had plenty of scars! Most were much older from her early days of bullying, but there were a good few accumulated even following her many years of training.

I do wonder where he got the other scars from. He doesn't seem the type to be bullied. Of course first impressions and all that.

GIVE HIM MORE!

That was a good question. What had she accomplished? She was a little ashamed to say that she hadn't really achieved much since they last spoke. There were more fights, certainly, but they hadn't been for anything too important. Well, for the most part anyways.

"Nothing of note as of yet. I need to decide on some targets before I begin cleaning the nobles. Actually I did hope to achieve at least a seated position first, something to lend more credibility to my actions."

She had meant every word she spoke before. She would clean up the nobility. She would slay those who were undeserving of their positions. But she had no real experience in this aspect of it all. Fighting she could do, yes. Hunting yes. But investigative work was a little new to her.
Yuki Kameko
Yuki Kameko

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:38 pm

“Going to start by cleaning up me then? They say I’m the worst of a bad bunch you know” Watari smiled as he finished his tea and placed it on the table. There were people in Soul Society right now that if you mentioned the name Watari Suzumei would attempt to kill you without any pre-emptive reasoning. There were others that would mutter their revenge under their breath and something about justice. Finally, there were the people like Yuki, the people so far trapped in Watari’s games that were anything they were doing now actually ok? In Yuki’s case it saddened Watari a tiny bit, for everybody else it was for a better tomorrow.

“Obtaining a seat shouldn’t be too hard, I’m pretty sure the qualification for climbing the seated ranks in the fifth squad is hit the biggest guy with a bigger stick”
the fifth squad was the combat division after all, if their hierarchy wasn’t based around martial prowess Watari would eat his shoe. He really did need to look into Squads other than the Sixth, but the need for that hadn’t come to the forefront of his mind yet as he was still resolving multiple situations to do with the first noble party.

“I don’t think anybody would question your credibility, it’s all stigma and bureaucracy. You know I recently visited the fourth squad? I can confirm why nothing gets done there now”
the Gotei Six itself was as relaxed and contemptuous as the rest of Soul Society. Whilst the Noble Houses were still rearranging it would not take Watari long to move his sights towards loftier fish. The Head of the Suzumei needed to work out how to accelerate his Bankai at any rate.

“I’m almost surprised you haven’t knocked the captain down yet, but I guess age does equal strength in some situations”
Watari mused, they were all faceless to him anyway, people on a page with such irrelevant action that they simply didn’t interest him. Maybe one day he’d put faces to the names, or even names to the faces, but for now the Noble was content.

“Who would you kill first?”
Bill
Bill
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuki Kameko Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:51 pm

"The bigger the challenge the greater the reward. Besides, if you aren't cleaned up then how can I stand by what this group of ours is trying to accomplish?"

The wolf leaned over the table once more, sitting up on her knees to pour Watari another cup of tea. It certainly didn't feel good on her injuries. Just a couple twitches of pain managed to seep through, but she managed to mostly retain an otherwise stoic expression. After she'd poured the man a new cup of tea she poured out a little more for herself, leaving behind enough so that Watari may enjoy the final cup.

"Yes. It is relatively simple to attain such a position within the fifth. In all honesty I had hoped to skip the seated position entirely. Eventually I plan on challenging the current captain. More than likely it would be a fight to the death, so he would probably be my first kill in that instance."

Settling back into her seat Yuki sipped at her tea. How strong was the current captain? For the most part they had all remained pretty complacent. Perhaps laziness had weakened him? Challenging the lieutenant wouldn't be a terrible idea. It would give her a good idea of where her future opponent stood.

Still. No point in rushing things. Then again. . .

The woman from the party. She desired that seat. Will you cut her down?

I don't know.

You should. She is a threat.

"Miss Akimoto desired the fifth seat as well. I suppose it is something to discuss during the next meeting."
Yuki Kameko
Yuki Kameko

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:06 pm

Watari contemplated for a long time, sipping the cup and thinking to himself. How much would he do for Yuki Kameko? That was the biggest question of the day wasn’t it. Was she commenting about the Akimoto’s because she wanted him to do something? Or was it a throwaway empty comment that meant nothing in the long run. Did he play the gamble? Roll the dice, eh just this once. . . why not?

“There are many seats in the fifth. We will show them a Suzumei Mercy for their service to the Gotei 6 if needed” Eh, not fully committing. Truth was, first to the captain seat would be the captain of Fifth, healthy competition was good for anyone. The Akimoto’s were strong allies, stabbing them in the back wholeheartedly didn’t seem like a wise move despite how much Yuki desired the spot. Also, there were many seats.

“Unless of course you are considering the disposal of Akimoto-san? Those are serious words indeed” Watari mused into his cup. Oh, you know. That’s why he was drinking so much tea. It was somehow combatting the craving for cigarettes, just what was this stuff? He hadn’t even thought about smoking until right now and that was only because his right hand itched for the familiar movements

“Either way, I will most likely do the same after I obtain bankai, I have no interest in Gotei 6 goals or motivations, I’ll rebuild the Sixth from the ground up and kill the pomp leading it” ah, that rush of adrenaline. Was the battle fervor so easily brought to light? Was this the hunt that Yuki often mentioned? The desire to kill and wash their lifeblood drain from their body? Perhaps he and her were just the same, murderers looking for an excuse.

Bill
Bill
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuki Kameko Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:14 pm

Right. She had to be more careful of her words around him. For as much as he had changed there was always still his nefarious plotting to contend with. Her cup was lowered, head shaking a couple of times.

"No. Nothing like that. If she manages to attain the seat first I will still challenge her for it. Perhaps not to the death. We shall see. But it will be on my terms. The same goes for the current captain. In all honesty I am fine with her keeping it, provided she earns and keeps that spot."

But if she happened to get there first? Well, she wouldn't argue against that. As long as she'd done it on her own. No tricks. No bribes. No plots. Just a proper honorable battle.

Watari would fit the sixth seat well. Who would fill out the others? It was certainly an interesting thought. More than likely it would be anyone within their group. She couldn't imagine Watari allowing someone else to occupy even one of the seats. Of course she'd expected him to take the first seat. Did he really plan on ruling from the sixth?

"What would your Suzumei Mercy be?"

She had a feeling that she probably didn't actually want to know. But it was important to know. Besides, she had a nice relaxing cup of strawberry tea to calm her mind. It had worked thus far, hadn't it?
Yuki Kameko
Yuki Kameko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next