Bleach Sakura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

O Ye Of Little Faith [Closed/Watari]

2 posters

Go down

O Ye Of Little Faith [Closed/Watari] Empty O Ye Of Little Faith [Closed/Watari]

Post by Zenji Hatayama Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:06 pm

Zenji flexed his fingers as he let his Spiritual Pressure flicker around him. He was feeling stronger than he had ever felt in his entire life. He was nearly strong enough now. The Third Seat had been a mere stepping stone and he was almost ready to challenge the Vice Kido Chief. However first he had some duties to take care of. Some not necessarily official business. The nobleman looked at himself in the mirror, he was dressed in silk black robes cut in a traditional monk fashion with his clan emblem emblazoned on his sleeve and white prayer cloth around his neck, draped down his shoulders. The Staff shaped Binbōgami was in his other hand while prayer beads were around his right wrist. For footwear he was wearing wooden geta. The clothing felt more natural to the man than his Shinigami Uniform ever did and he always chose this over his Shihakusho.

Heading out of his room Zenji made a detour towards the Branch Family wing of the Estate. Reaching Lord Yoshihisa’s room Zenji knocked on the door and waited for the elderly man to call out to him. Entering Zenji swiftly cast a barrier to deter any eavesdroppers. Explaining to the Old man his intentions as well as a few of the latest updates of his plans, mostly around his anti-Quincy efforts, he left some orders for his Great Uncle to see to some preparations before leaving.

Leaving his Clan’s Estate Zenji made his way across the most privileged area of the Seireitei. It had been long over a Century since he had last visited the Suzumei Clan Estate. In those days there had been different Lords Hatayama and Suzumei. Happier times with the Suzumei Family had stood for something worth respecting. Honour. Loyalty. They had been a Clan that Zenji’s father had considered to be worth considering friends and one of the few that Benkei had bothered attending the parties of.

The Suzumei Clan estate came into view rather before Zenji even reached it. Off in the distance he could see the imposing silhouette of the veritable fortress. It was a design that stood at odds with the intention that had been behind the Hatayama’s. In truth it was no better defended the difference was that his own Clan’s Estate relied on invisible defenses of ancient barriers, bindings as well as patrolling familiars who assisted the Kido wieling Monks and Shrine Maidens. Zenji’s home was secure but unimposing and welcoming. Watari’s home on the other hand was equally defensible but it’s very visual design made it intimidating for any potential enemy.

Zenji just hoped that Watari didn’t consider him one of them.

Eventually Zenji stood before the gates of the fortress-like Estate. Closing his eyes his senses fluttered outwards and he smiled slightly. He momentarily considered blasting aside the gates and simply entering. None of the guards upon the wall could hope to stop him but there was no need to be confrontational and it would only be a short-lived and shallow satisfaction.

Raising his Staff Zenji knocked it against the doors before speaking in a calm but powerful voice, confident that they would listen. “Inform Lord Suzumei that Lord Hatayama has come to visit.”

Watari would already know anyway. The damned man always seemed to know.
Zenji Hatayama
Zenji Hatayama

Back to top Go down

O Ye Of Little Faith [Closed/Watari] Empty Re: O Ye Of Little Faith [Closed/Watari]

Post by Bill Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:20 pm

Bill danced through the estate to a tune that nobody could hear but himself. He could feel it, the veritable palpability of fate intertwining itself around him. It willed him onwards, step two three four, step two three four. He spun and he spun in the middle of the great hall, around and around faster and faster.

His dear sister had left an hour ago to launch her daring plan against the Kameko, he had of course allowed Titus to accompany her because the plan of course required absolute secrecy and Bill was terrible at that. As he spun to the music in his head, the melody grew louder and louder and he could almost feel the moment of triumph when Yuki came to him broken and beaten, with nobody to turn to.

That or she’d be insane.

Either way, that didn’t bother Bill too much, he would let the gears of fate grind as they may and let this most delicious of delicious tunes embrace him in rapture. That was until he was disturbed however - one of his servants had slowly pushed open the hall doors as he spun and unfortunately informed him that lord Hatayama was visiting. How dare - was he not privy to the plan? Well of course he wasn’t, what inconvenient timing! Well actually. It was perfect timing. Zenji Hatayama, you pious fool, what have you done?!

Moments passed as Bill guided himself down the stone pathways towards the gate, he could feel the prickling of animosity at the back of his mindseye but not yet. Zenji wouldn’t know yet and that’s what made this so delicious. But why had he come? That was the question of the hour! Had he spies in the estate? Had they informed him of the newest Suzumei family member? So many questions! So little time.

The great gates of the Suzumei estate reluctantly groaned open. The second time these two wooden doors seemed to say! The second time in an hour! Who do you think we are? Indeed, indeed, when was it ol’ Zenji had last visited, he’d asked a servant on the way down the path, apparently one hundred years ago - well Watari would know nothing about that - back then he’d been - he’d been - he’d been -

“Zenji Hatayama, a pleasure, tell me what brings the Holy Man of Soul Society to my veritable halls?”

Yuki Kameko?

His grin grew wider.

“Nothing terrible I hope!”

Bill would then gesture for the man to follow as he turned back up the path. Was it just him or did Zenji seem different? The fear in the man’s usual actions seemed to have been dashed away, even that fearful raving man who had shrieked about Quincy didn’t seem present anymore. Unfortunate. He’d liked the lunatic.

Bill
Bill
Admin

https://bleachsakura.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

O Ye Of Little Faith [Closed/Watari] Empty Re: O Ye Of Little Faith [Closed/Watari]

Post by Zenji Hatayama Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:25 pm

Zenji stood silent, unmoving, a black robed figure against the great walls of the Estate. His Spiritual Energy was enough to draw the nervous glances of the guards. It was likely the first time any had sensed a Lieutenant level individual up so close. Despite his passive stance he could practically feel their concern radiating towards him. It was funny how guards could have the completely opposite effect of trying to project strength.

As the gate swung open and Watari came into sight Zenji stepped forward to meet him, the monk-like man’s eyes were cold and steady. His expression had a harder quality than not too long ago as well as a certain tone of exhaustion.

“Watari Suzumei. Glad to see you. It’s been some time since I’ve visited your home.” he stated dispassionately.

He ran his gaze over Watari and almost sighed, the man’s smile was practically unhinged. When he’d first met the other noble he’d been a terrifying schemer with a cunning that Zenji couldn’t even imagine. When he’d attended the meeting with Nao he had seemed to be slipping, easily still as ambitious but openly self-serving and unpredictable in a sort of chaotic fashion. Now as he met the other man’s eyes he wasn’t even sure if Watari was insane.

“Terrible? I suppose it depends on your point of view but no need for panic quite yet. I simply thought I would come to update my ally, you’re not as easy to get hold of as Nao.” he said simply.

Pausing Zenji smiled slightly. “I heard you had a rather interesting encounter with a young lady called Reika? My new Fifth Seat.”

They had a lot to discuss. Their plans to counter the Quincy were of course the most important but other matters were still of import. The Warehouses in Karakura, the Mortal he’d met there, the meeting with Yuki and the Fourth’s newest Subject for study. Watari, despite what Nao thought, was an equal partner in this scheme and Zenji believed him just as worthy of knowing what was going on as the others. However perhaps most worrying was to make sure Watari was… doing okay.

A tinge of concern blossomed in Zenji’s heart and he realised that it wasn’t just because of Watari’s part in his plan but rather the man’s wellbeing in general. Was it because he was a pillar of the Nobility now? Or was it something else? Why did Zenji care about this man? He’d never been anything but threatening towards the Hatayama. Zenji shook his head. Strange. For a moment he wondered if he had more in common with Watari than with Nao?

Well that was a fucking terrifying thought.

“I do have some matters to discuss in private though.”

Pausing Zenji glanced around the courtyard of the Estate before glancing at the other Lord. “So how are you Watari?”
Zenji Hatayama
Zenji Hatayama

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:26 pm

Bill would spin on his heel as he guided Zenji up the path his arms spread wide at the mention of Reika. So he did not know yet? Perfect. Well, why not have a little fun? The revered man was so uptight after all, he just needed to loosen up and plus Reika-chan was doing such a good job at being wrapped up that his spider senses were tingling at the potential that Zenji’s words had set him up to be.

“Yes, Zenji I’m most displeased about our acquaintance!” Watari began feigning a frown and then spinning on his heel once more as they continued towards the estate. Yes Zenji, I’m displeased about the Reika news! What could that mean.

“She came to me beaten and burned. Said that you’d sent her after Quincy! I would’ve assumed better from you Hatayama-san but apparently your righteous fury can not be sated. I do admit I found it a bit bizarre she’d come to me, but apparently thanks to you she’d connected the dots”
A little bit of truth sprinkled in for good measure that really brought the story to life didn’t it. Zenji had told Reika who he was, Zenji had caused all of this.

“I trust that it was partly those private matters? If the rest of it is getting my support to kill the Quincy while you have it twice now” Bill said with a nod as the tall wooden doors of the Suzumei estate came into view. His servants would open the doors for them and let them in, Bill would spin again before looking towards the horizon, dark billowing storm clouds were coming towards the Soul Society - spooky.

It wouldn’t be long before they made it to the sitting room where two large leather chairs sat by an already glowing fire. It was very stereotypical, but Watari didn’t mind stereotyping, after all there were multiple rooms in this house and this was just another facade.

“A drink Zenji?”
Bill
Bill
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenji Hatayama Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:24 am

Zenji followed the other man in silence, well silent until he spoke, annoyance that was on the verge of anger crossed the other noble’s face as he listened to his colleague spin his story. Despite how good Watari was at spinning his tales Zenji didn’t believe a word of it and considering the real reason he came here it was infuriating.

“Cut the shit Watari.” he said in a cold, hard, tone. Cursing from the high and mighty Lord of the Hatayama? Well he wasn’t exactly the same man he had been all those months ago. That was another part of the reason he had come here. He had come to be open and honest with the other nobleman and, perhaps, deep down he was hoping to find someone who would actually act like a Shinigami. His other allies had turned out to be utterly exhausting to deal with despite still being on his side.

“Are they?”

He ignored that. Zenji didn’t have time for doubt. Not now.

“Silence, black dog of Rondaniini, Listen to your words and slit your own throat.” he incanted before flicking a finger outwards. “Bakudō #28 Oudanmari”

The usual unnatural silence filled the area as Zenji projected the barrier outwards blocking sound from passing either direction. The barrier would move with the Master of the Demon Arts so he had little worry about placing it in a single place. Watari might trust his staff and defences to keep out eavesdroppers but Zenji had grown far too suspicious as of late to leave such things up to change.

“You know as well as I do that I don’t want a confrontation with the Quincy, not until the Gotei is ready. The entire point of all of this is to contain the damage, cut down on the loss of souls that any conflict might bring. Throwing a promising young officer at the problem is hardly logical.”

Sighing he shook his head. “No that’s not why I’m here. I already know you support the actions we agreed upon at my manor.” he stated and it was true. Despite everyone's damnable constant voiced suspicions of the other nobleman, and yes his own actions, Zenji still trusted that he had his duty at heart. He would defend the Balance. He’d never doubted it.

Reaching the very western styled room Zenji nodded at the other man. “A drink would be fine.”

“The reason I came here was to update you on some events and to ask for a courtesy if you're inclined. Firstly however let me open the barrier so you can call to any servants you need to fetch the drinks...” he added opening a hole in the sound barrier.

Taking a seat next to the fire Zenji stared into the flames in silence, he’d continue speaking once the barrier had been closed again.
Zenji Hatayama
Zenji Hatayama

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:22 pm

“Would I lie to you?” Bill purred, his head tilting at the bakudo that grew around them. How rude, a dome of silence? Watari could do that but exceedingly more flashy, Bezaliel after all was an arms reach away. The Head of the Suzumei knew that Zenji’s grasp of Bakudo far surpassed most Shinigami, in fact he’d always known that he was capable of something like this but hadn’t been able to confirm it until now.

“Then if it wasn’t you, then who? Because she did come to visit and she was in a state”
He shot back. A state? Yes, well, hungry for answers was indeed a state of wellbeing that could totally err on the edge of reason now wasn’t it? And being trapped in Watari’s games was how she had ended up so not entirely a lie either. Delicious. He could feel the beast clawing in the edge of his mind, he wanted nothing to do with Zenji Hatama, too much thinking, too much magic but Bill had always appreciated a finer touch.

Bill shrugged as he approached a cabinet at the far end of the room and retrieved a bottle of whiskey for himself and a bottle of sake for Zenji and then deposited a glass on the table in front of the other man without his beverage of choice.

“Sake or Whiskey, I have my own personal cabinet so having servants come in isn’t necessary - and don’t worry about the poison, I left it in the other room” Watari smiled and poured himself a glass of whiskey and took a sip. He leant back into the leather chair and watched Zenji expectantly, what was the reason then if not Quincy? Surely Zenji had other things going on in the background.

“Chaos creates change Hatayama-san, you can’t really expect me to twiddle my thumbs when I see you and Kameko-chan moving across the Soul Society. Do either of you really think I don’t notice? Little pawns Yuki is collecting; Bishops and Rooks fortifying the Hatayama estate. Whether it’s for the Quincy or for other reasons, you can not actually think Watari Suzumei wouldn’t come into play?”
Bill
Bill
Admin

Zenji Hatayama likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenji Hatayama Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:46 pm

“Yes as easily as you lie to yourself.” Zenji responded in a bored tone. Well step #1 confirm if Watari had slipped over the edge was complete. It would appear the man hadn’t slipped at all, rather he’d dived straight into the sea of insanity. From his movements, his tone, his erratic bouncing around topic to topic. The man had allowed himself to be broken.

He felt sympathy for the shattered shell of the man before him but, beneath it all, the new Zenji felt a shard of disgust. This man had broken the order of the Seiretei, murdered his way to the top and then been too weak to prove himself worthy of the position. It was all rather… sad.

“How can I say?” Zenji asked. “She was fine last I saw her, but a few days ago, unfortunately I do not have the Soul King’s omniscience.” he added sarcastically.

As the man moved across to the liquor cabinet Zenji thoughts where in fact on poison as he declared that there was none present. Well given Watari’s rather nasty recent history could one blame a guest for thinking such a thing? “No etyoracain from Delcaid Pharmaceuticals, was it? Did you burn the remainder of your supplies in Karakura or have you simply not got any presently on your person?” he asked revealing the information he’d collected during his recent investigations. Another reason to visit the man. “Either way no thank you. I have quite a bit of work to see to later and I’d rather have a clean head. Besides I’ve been drinking rather a lot lately, I should cut down in the name of my health.”

Tilting his head Zenji observed the man somewhat like how one might observe the movements of a strange animal before speaking. “Moving pawns? I see. I rather don’t recall hiring anyone to fortify the Estate, I should hope such action wouldn’t be required. After all why would anyone in the Soul Society be stupid enough to act against our own?” he asked rather pointedly. “No Lord Suzumei, you are rather well known at the moment for being a schemer, I doubt anyone thought you merely sitting in your Estate satisfied with what you’ve already taken.”

Zenji had planned to be nice, planned to be friendly, but Watari’s irraticacy was wearing on him.

“As for Lady Kameko that is partially why I wanted to speak with you. As per our last discussion I had planned to bring her into the fold as it where, explain our plans. Unfortunately Yuki proved to be just what she appears as. An ignorant child. I was forced to use a spell to wipe her short term memory. I could not take everything from her without damaging her mind but she, at least, is unaware of our little cabal.” he explained sighing. That had been greatly disappointing. One of many such disappointments. How could they not see what was necessary? What was right? Even beyond Faith, beyond the Mandate handed down by the Soul King there was still the plain and simple duty of the Gotei. Defend the Balance. Yet he had people wanting to work with the Quincy. Find peaceful solutions. It would appear his colleagues forgot their place. They signed up for the Gotei, no one was forced to serve and it was service for life upon entry. The Gotei was a blasted army, being Shinigami meant service, it did not give license to do whatever one wished. Yuki seemed to think she was part of some after school club.

“Considering your rather close relationship with her I thought you’d wish to deal with her before the matter gets worse. She planned to meet and speak with the Quincy, to try and find a peaceful way to coexist. Perhaps to allow them to police themselves or even dictate our actions in the Realm of the Living.” despite his calm tone there was no hiding the undercurrent of disgust. “As if that Unseated Child has any authority to offer anything short of her own name. So if you wish to deal with it I will leave the matter to you, if not then I shall see to it.” he said simply.
Zenji Hatayama
Zenji Hatayama

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:36 pm

Watari’s eyes narrowed, his fingers drummed the side of his glass; he could act on that, he could but probably wasn’t worth it. Fine, Ol Zenji didn’t want to play games? Well, honestly it was refreshing wasn’t it. Somebody who couldn’t be dashed into a wheel of confusion, somebody who couldn’t be as misled and lastly somebody in as much denial about everything as he used to be.

“Fine Zenji, you want to be boring? Does Raphael know you’ve just killed him?” note to self, kill the human and burn everything he loved and everything he will love to the ground. In fact, the entire city could be written off. Raphael Laurent talked too much but it seemed prior preparation would help a lot, did Zenji know Raphael would go to the Quincy? Probably not, but the weave of fate suggested Raphael would most definitely try. Oh well, that seed was planted. He’d just have to weed the garden when the time came. Easy as that really.

“Why are you stating things people already know. Next you’ll be telling me what my shikai does, which also is just as obvious if anybody cared to pay attention”
Watari sipped his glass and eyed the other man, honestly he had thought that the poison thing has passed by now but apparently not. It was fine, logistically anyone would follow another trail of breadcrumbs and it’d be Zenji’s word against his own if it ever came out so Watari wasn’t interested in pandering currently.

At the mentioning of Yuki caused him to tilt his head and open his mouth slightly.

“Wow. If somebody actually paid attention to what I’ve been saying since I first met her, maybe I wouldn’t be like this. It’s almost as if people had listened to me from the start they would’ve known how much of a spoiled brat she is” He responded dryly. It had taken this long for somebody to piece together how much of a justice entitled, law bashing ass she was? It had taken how many people to talk to Yuki and realise that all she was the righteousness of god and shinigami?

“She puts it all in a nice lens doesn’t she? That everything will be alright, that surely if you’re a better person you can overcome any obstacle! Honestly it was quite lovely really. I truly believed I did, in fact a part of me still kind of does. I could be better! I used to say, I could be better! I can be better, I can change”

He placed the glass on the table and scrunched his face up as if resolving to say something and then not. He could be better, Watari Suzumei was better.

“She’s as bad as me and twice as dangerous but I guess that’s up to your interpretation, either way she’ll be dead within the day”
Bill
Bill
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenji Hatayama Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:40 am

“If that’s what you need to do.” he simply replied, the life of one Human meant nothing to Zenji and it was hardly going to be a barrier between maintaining Watari’s alliance. “Although I do have to ask, why did you even create him? Surely he was only ever going to be trouble for you later? Was it Chaos for the sake of Chaos? A whim? Surely you knew he would hate you and was hardly going to keep what you did secret? That seems a rather big oversight for the man who murdered the majority of a social class.”

Folding his arms Zenji tapped a finger against his bicep as he pondered the thought. Raphael had been an interesting mortal to be sure and one who seemed rather polarised in his opinions of the Spiritual Realm.He was certainly no friend to the Shinigami but then he was also no threat. His Spiritual Pressure barely matched that of a new graduate of the Academy and likely his skill was vastly inferior. Besides he was limited as all mortals were.

“I wouldn’t be surprised if next time we see him he’s playing friends with the city’s Quincy, they do seem to be rather gathering their numbers.” he added. Why else would two foreign Quincy be in a place like Karakura Town working and trust each other enough to come to the others aid in such a dire skirmish. Then there had been the Third Nao who had kidnapped and a fourth whom he had called. Soul King knew how many others. “Sometimes I wonder if we would be better off simply annihilating the entire populace.” he added casually. Of course such a move would never be sanctioned. It could upset the flow of souls and, besides, Karakura was a jūreichi so they had to step carefully.

He ignored the man’s comment about the obvious. Truth be told Zenji wasn’t sure exactly what Watari knew and not just for the old reason. The man seemed to be cracking to such a degree he wouldn’t be surprised if the poor nobleman started to suffer a loss in logical reasoning.

“Actually part of the reason we approached Yuki was because of your support for her being included in all of this.” he noted with a raised eyebrow. “Weren’t you planning to gather the remaining Houses? Also what happened to your plan to marry the young girl, that would have solved a lot of issues.” The words came cold and dis compassionately with only a touch of annoyance behind them. Sometimes Zenji wondered if his recent life was Hollowing him in some manner, removing parts of him that he had once felt significant. It wasn’t always like this, sometimes he still felt like the old Zenji but those moments seemed to be coming less often and for shorter periods.

Zenji rolled his eyes. “A nice lens? More like letting one see how frustratingly dense children can be. She’s no better than a mortal or a recently crossed over soul. Thinking in the micro, small tiny thoughts, with a tiny narrow and shuttered view of the world. Perhaps enough fools would be caught up in her dreams to go along with them at first but what would that achieve? Mortals do not last long and the breed like rabbits. We’d only face an even worse threat in a Century.” As if her plans could work to begin with. There would be no peace.

‘I won’t allow it.’

When he spoke Zenji’s mouth opened but no words came out. Killing her was rather beyond what he had suspected. Watari had spoken of connections, influence and such things in the past. He had thought the other man would use those to keep her out of it. Orders that forbid her from travelling to the Human World. Trumped up charges that put her under temporary arrest. These sorts of subtle actions against the girl.

“Can you pay the cost?” mocked the voice.

Zenji closed his eyes for a moment before his hard gaze met Watari’s. “Do what must be done.” he stated before glancing off to one side. “They can say what they will about you Watari but you have never made it your duty to damage what the Gotei stands for. You may have plotted for power, murdering for ascension in society and rank but you never did something so stupid as to endanger the Gotei or the Cycle and I can’t say the same for Yuki.” He was certain even now she had travelled to the Human World to seek out the Quincy, maybe she had even successfully spoken to one. Perhaps she could even delay war or perhaps she would hasten it with her foolishness. Neither suited Zenji. He wanted the conflict on his terms. And he would have it.

“Thank you for dealing with this.” he added genuinely. “I also wanted to check if there was anything I could do to help you? I recall last we spoke you had planned to feel out the other Divisions to see if you could make sure their reports also ended up in the office of Miss Aoki.”
Zenji Hatayama
Zenji Hatayama

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:04 am

“Why did I create him? Snapping was a concept I’d read about it and I wanted to know if it was possible. Karakura’s a nest. Honestly you would save all your Quincy problems Zenji if you just burned the entire place to the ground. But no, it was not just because that. You’re here right? Out of anyone in the Soul Society, I would say you are the one person who has seen the crumbs” Watari was a sly plotter but he left enough along the way to come back to him. Sure, if you checked the administrative records it would point to Sabitsura Rei or it would be signed off by Memnoch but if you looked deeper than that like Zenji had obviously done of the human world reports around that time, without a doubt you’d eventually run into Raphael in Karakura. That was why Watari had caused him to snap, partly for the man’s own good so that if it was somebody more cruel than Hatayama he’d survive but also because Raphael needed to tell them who had done it all.

Watari liked hiding, but he liked the acknowledgement of his scheming even more.

“There’s been others of course but they always get swept away by it all. Everybody here is so boring! Look at them Hatayama, these children of which Yuki is a part of. They meet me. They meet you. They meet her. Then what? I can’t kill them - the poor misguided fools. So I lead them, deeper into their despair and into the web and by the time they realise . . . ” Watari grabbed the bottle and began pouring out another hearty serving. He measured the glass with his eyes and then lifted it and took a sip swishing the liquid in his mouth, letting the warmth coat his tongue and roll down his throat.

“It’s too late”

The mentioning of Yuki left a sour taste in his mouth. He could still marry her, there still technically was that way out right? To be better? Zenji couldn’t see it but a door had faded into view behind the other man, a door Watari knew too well, beyond that door was Bezaliel who had seemingly vanished - maybe the spirit had grown tired of waiting.

“We would if we could, but Yuki Kameko we think is beyond Suzumei Mercy, we could break her, we could shatter her spirit but I do believe for everything that she is to the Gotei 6 - what she represents. Yuki Kameko would be better off dead and forgotten. Another lost soldier to an inevitable Quincy threat”
It was sad. He could be better though? Maybe he didn’t have to kill her? But the throbbing rush of blood, the heat and desire to kill her. She needed to die, she did things to him, terrible things and he just couldn’t be himself. It was so much easier to do what he was doing. To live how he was living. Look at what he’d accomplished without her corruption? He had a sister!

“As for the noble meeting, I believe after Yuki’s dealt with we can go ahead at speed. My dear sister has kindly offered to host it here so once the Kameko are no more, well, to a better Suzumei future”

He would then hold up a finger.

He knew the question Zenji would ask.

“Before you do. You’ve seen everything else Zenji Hatayama. Do you see what Yuki Kameko has done to us?”

Bill
Bill
Admin

Zenji Hatayama likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenji Hatayama Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:40 am

Zenji sighed and leant back into the chair, closing his eyes for a moment again allowing a shimmer of his exhaustion to slip through as he realised the only reason the mistake of a mortal had been allowed to continue surviving was because of Watari’s ego and need to be recognised. The feared schemer, the great poisoner, the mass murderer was not far from a little boy demanding someone pat him on the head and tell him he was a very very smart young man.

‘Are any of us actually sane?’

Forcing himself to straighten up Zenji nodded slightly. “Frankly I would do so if the town was not designated as a jūreichi.” he said with a sigh, he had discovered it to be so after his elevation to Third Seat. “It makes the town too visible for direct action. I’d no doubt have the Captain Commander or his goons knocking down my office door.”

Soon that wouldn’t be an issue any longer however. Already he had begun his schemes to move up another rung on the ladder. He had long been strong enough to challenge Lieutenant Asami Nakanti however taking the position was not as easy as taking the Third Seat had been. One had to make sure the Captain did not object as the position of Executive Officer of the Division was wholly up to the Commanding Officer. The Captain could appoint their Lieutenant, could block any challenges or could approve the challenge. Zenji had finally found the opening to get Captain Satoru Sasaki to approve his request. “If I were you I’d get rid of the man before someone who likes you less follows those crumbs.” he added. Zenji might threaten to blackmail the man with the information but he had no wish to actually harm Watari. The man was a willing ally and, more than that, Zenji found the half-mad man… comforting in a very odd fashion.

“Most of our ignorant foolish comrades are not unsalvageable. They just ended proper leadership to be guided towards the correct path for the Gotei to fulfil it’s duty. Some, however, are so stubborn and stupidly inclined that they seem to forget they are mere rank and file of a lifelong military service. Those like Yuki seem to think they’re given all the benefits and gifts of being a Shinigami without having to pay the cost.” He said in a forced calm tone despite the undercurrent of frustration leaking through.

Tapping his fingers on the staff of his zanpakuto. Zenji shrugged slightly. He no longer cared for Yuki’s existence and he cast aside the discomfort and worry he felt. It was just as Binbōgami had told him. He might no longer listen to her so freely but that did not mean he couldn’t take on the lessons from the Spirit. “Do to us?” he asked in a tone of confusion. “Aside from betray my trust and show me that she is a stupid child? No what did she do?”
Zenji Hatayama
Zenji Hatayama

Bill likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:56 pm

Us

What was Us? It was both of them, it was Watari and it was Bill, it was them. She had done this, she’d broken them in two, made them not align just right. Made his lovely Bezaliel out of sync, a prism on his mind and his spiritual pressure. But Watari saw no color through his eyes, he only saw shades of gray.

His spiritual pressure had been perfect up to this moment, perfectly superimposed over the Shinigami like all Shinigami’s spiritual pressure should be. But that was the key there, perhaps it was Zenji’s keen eyes or maybe his knowledge of spiritual arts. But as Watari’s finger curled back into his hand, a ghostly shadowy joint trailed behind. In fact, as his shoulders slightly raised and fell with his breathing, Zenji would pick up on a shadow of Watari, slightly out of sync with the physical body.

“Our sister saved us Zenji, she made it okay. We realized that this perfect Society that Yuki sees isn’t real” and as Watari curled back into his chair as a child might to escape his fear, the shadowy figure sat with the cup curled in hand, fingers tapping on the glass in a methodical clink clink clink. It had no eyes, for it was mist, but its mouth seemed to curl into a wry smile.

Do you think it would be easier to kill Yuki or to break her mind? Personally I think the Fifth deserves a hound as a captain, a dog to sniff out those who weren’t quite right - the Soul Society is in shambles Zenji but I see beyond all the academia, I see that you see it too. We can rebuild it ” Watari could see it too, the thing that was Bill and Bezaliel, the thing that was a manifestation of his reiatsu that has escaped the doors of his mind. It mocked him, you see, he couldn’t bear to say those words. He didn’t quite know why, perhaps it was an acceptance of everything he was, perhaps it was an acknowledgement of everything that would be.

A gross mockery of a Zanpakuto spirit, a pariah. His heart laid bare perfectly mimicking his every action . . . until now. It wanted Zenji to know, it wanted Zenji to see what Watari was, a failure, a chess piece on a board unwilling to seize what was oh so close. Unwilling to truly speak the words that would spill out a new age of the Soul Society. His sister, his dear sister had saved him from Yuki of course, had reaffirmed everything in his mind that he could do this, he could purge the filth that stained the seats of captaincy. So why didn’t he truly agree?

Yuki.

It always came back to Yuki. Yuki was an antithesis, in a world that was so cruel, so chaotic and so horrible. How had a woman that believed in the purity of strawberries managed to come out wholly intact? So he needed to break her, because if Yuki was broken then the world made sense.

“The Suzumei move tonight, our agents will trigger noble infighting. In turn that will draw the captains who will be dispatched one by one. The bloated Captain Commander will twitch on his rancid throne and demand justice but there will be nobody left to answer”The glass returned to the table as the shadowy figure leant forward, Watari righting himself on the chair that he sat and the two figures snapped back into sync.

“There are only three people in the Soul Society I think I trust enough to tell this to. My butler, my sister and . . . you. The reason is simple, my dear Lord Hatayama. The only person more righteous than me in this Soul King forsaken cesspit. Is you” In truth Watari knew that there were only really two captain seats required to seize control of the Soul Society. One of them, he knew Zenji currently had his eyes on, but the second? The second was the law itself and Watari had been setting up for that particular execution for a while.
Bill
Bill
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenji Hatayama Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:55 am

The man frowned slightly at the warped appearance of the other man’s Spiritual Power, the Reiatsu was unnatural in how it lagged and sat out of time with its source. It was almost like some curse from the fairy tales he’d heard growing up before he realised the Spiritual Arts didn’t quite work in that way. More than likely this dissonance was a result of Watari’s fractured mind causing a fracture in his soul… or perhaps it had started the other way around? In the end they were Spiritual beings and the soul’s health could dictate everything.

Zenji tilted his head and frowned slightly. Every time he spoke Watari just reinforced the idea that he was not well. Even his perceptions of others were horribly warped - he saw what he expected, or maybe deep down wanted, not what was true. “I was unaware that a perfect society consisted of corrupt nobility that could only be solved through wanton murder.” he replied drily. When Yuki had first mentioned her plans during their original meeting he had been shocked and horrified, in truth somewhat scared, now the idea was moronic. Yuki was part of that corrupt rulership caste; it's just that her corruption had taken the form of blind self-righteousness.

Disgust registered across Zenji’s face. It was for many reasons. Blatant discussions of murder, twisted imagining of inflicting torture be it mental or physical did not sit well with him. He would do what he must but he would not enjoy these distasteful acts. “If she can be made to see reason, see her purpose as a Soul Reaper lies beyond her own desires then I welcome the child as Captain of the Fifth.”

As Watari spoke Zenji whispered a few words, too old a spell to be true Kido, and his eyes began to flow softly with his spiritual energy. It made looking into, tracking, the other man’s Reiatsu easier. He listened in silence and watched as the other man spoke.

“I doubt the Third will react to even his own house being on fire but it matters not, I’ll deal with him myself soon. I plan to remove his cronie from play in the coming days.” he admitted. The Captain of the Third barely left his office or his feeble Clan’s manor but it didn’t matter. Once Zenji had managed to seize what he needed then the old Captain would be cast aside.

The mention of the Captain Commander made Zenji frown. “Just be careful Watari. The Captains all have Spiritual Pressure on par with myself, significantly greater than your own.” he said as the light faded from his eyes. “The Captain Commander, despite his inactivity, is stronger still, for all their passiveness the greed of the other Captains would forced them to seize the leadership were it not so.” he stated.

For all the weakness of the leadership they were still Bankai-Tier Shinigami with a once in a generation gift and power to match. They were also scheming greed wretches who only listened to their Commander out of fear of the old man’s reprisals. Still they where shadows of their past, they had once been towering pillars of Shinigami virtue, or so the story said but that was before Zenji’s time. They had certainly declined in that time but their lower limits had still ensured their dominance for literally centuries.

‘They are also not as lazy and stupid as they appear, the reports I stole from the 1st suggest they sent gifted Shinigami to their death to make sure others could not challenge them.’

He could feel his weapon’s spirit push at the cage around his mind, trying to inject her own opinion but he kept her out. This was punishment. She would learn who was the master.

At the mention of righteousness Zenji let out an uncharacteristic bark of laughter, it extended until he doubled over in almost pain from the flood of amusement. He had not been expecting that.

“I… I am so sorry.” he said through his breathlessness. “That caught me by surprise.”

If it weren't for his Yuki obsession and his twisted perception of himself, his own importance and the world around him then Watari could actually be enjoyable to be around.

Zenji felt something flow over him and with uncharacteristic familiarity he leant across the table and gently placed his fingers against the other Lord’s cheek. Smiling beatifically, the monk spoke softly. “Get your shit together Watari.”

Withdrawing his hand the smile turned a little cold. “She doesn’t matter. She is strong but she lacks vision and wisdom, both of which are more important. You are cracked, you have allowed yourself to become flawed and tainted but you are still of far greater significance because you understand - at least in part, what must be done. Stay the course my friend, sharpen your focus and do what you believe you must for the good of the Soul Society and I will stand with you come what may.”

The Kido Master stood up and snapped his fingers causing the barrier of silence to unravel around them.

He smiled politely, kindly, even timidly as he bowed. He was once more the quiet lesser lord of a peaceful House. “Thank you for your visit my Lord and I apologise for taking up so much of your time.”

With another polite, respectful bow, the monk strode away with his staff jingling as he did so.

There was much work to be done but even in these darkest of days the Soul King’s light could be found at the end of the tunnel.

And he would reach the end.

Even if he had to kill every last Soul that sought to subvert the Soul King’s edict to do so.
Zenji Hatayama
Zenji Hatayama

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum