Bleach Sakura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lead the Pack [OPEN]

2 posters

Go down

Lead the Pack [OPEN] Empty Lead the Pack [OPEN]

Post by Yuki Kameko Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:37 pm

This isn't a good idea.

Wood sandals clacked sharply against stone and resonated through the great marble white halls of the Fifth Division's enormous amphitheater. An ear twitched upon having picked up the sounds of life ahead. Laughter. Excitement. Word had already spread. Yuki of the Kameko Clan, an unseated member of the Fifth Division, had invoked her right to challenge the Captain for his seat.

This is an excellent idea!

In the past a challenge might carry with it an automatic death sentence for one or both parties. These days the Fifth had grown weak. First blood often settled the matter for the lower seats, but then these fights were also often little more than for show. But then she wasn't a member of the higher nobility. Perhaps she might become the first death in well over a century.

More voices emerged as she neared the heavy wooden doors which fed into the arena. Disdain. Curses upon her name, upon her Clan and kin alike. She was upsetting the long entrenched order of things. Seated positions were not for the lower nobility and they were certainly not for beasts! For someone like her to lead a Division was unheard of. And to challenge a Captain when one had not even managed a seated position? Who did she think she was?!

It must be done.

A small hand settled upon the door. She paused, closed her eyes, drew in a breath, and stilled her nerves for what was to come. It wasn't as though she was afraid of death. Oh no. But this fight was not like most. This wasn't a battle to satisfy some urge, nor was it out of vengeance. No, this battle was for peace. Or, at the very least, a chance at peace.

Play the game. Gain power. Force peace.

I have to try.

Her lengthy exhale was drowned out by the creaking wood of an ancient gate. The voices within went silent. As she stepped out into the massive arena Yuki kept her gaze locked forward. The Fifth Division's arena was massive, but then could one expect anything less? There was enough seating room within the stone bleachers for a small army. It was partially filled, primarily by members of the Fifth, although they often kept these spectacles open for all who desired to observe.

As she made her way forward across the white sands of the arena Yuki took notice of those seated within the elevated box seats. Each seated member of the Fifth were present. Of course there were enough spots available for all seated Shinigami of every division and then some, but even those of the Fifth who were unseated knew well enough not to occupy these posts. No, there was an established order, and one was not supposed to disrupt it. It was uncouth, dangerous even.

Halfway to her objective the whispers returned, buzzing about the amphitheater's stands. Bets were placed. The excitement had returned. So too had the disdain, especially so from those nobles seated within the Fifth's box. Each were the sons and fathers of more than one higher noble family. They hadn't earned their seats. Any one of them would fall to her should she desire to take them. She would enjoy it too. They hated her. Hated what she was, what she represented. Her gaze drifted for a moment upon one of those nobles in particular, a tall lithe man with an ever present smug smirk.

Lieutenant Daiki of the Ogawa Clan, son to Captain Junichiro of the Ogawa Clan, leader of the Fifth Division. Perhaps slightly stronger than the rest of Fifth's lower seated Shinigami, however it was his name which had elevated him to his position. The others knew better than to challenge his family's position. He had always loathed her, had started rumors about her, and perhaps might have had her removed from the combat corps entirely had it not been for his father. Of course he was also lucky that Yuki liked his father and that she had been trying to become more peaceful. Taking his head had always been pretty high on her list of things to do.

We take it later.

Yuki turned her gaze straight ahead as she finally reached the center of the arena. Her head lowered out of respect towards the old man stood hunched over his sword a few meters ahead. The captain was a very large man. Ancient. Perhaps with time his strength had waned, however what he had lost in sheer power he more than made up for with combat experience.

While she might have desired the head of the Lieutenant she had no intention of slaying the Captain if she could avoid it. He had always been kind to her. In fact it had been Captain Junichiro who had recommended her to join the Fifth Division in the first place. And besides, she had been trying to better herself, to become more peaceful. The only question was: would he treat her with the same mercy should he win? She thought it was probable. But then he was also one of the few Shinigami remaining within the Fifth who still grasped onto the honor of their old ways.

An acceptable risk. If I die here then I will have at least tried.

With any luck there would be a medic or two present.

"Hello Captain Ogawa. I thank you for accepting my challenge."
Yuki Kameko
Yuki Kameko

Chityri and Ishikawa Genji like this post

Back to top Go down

Lead the Pack [OPEN] Empty Re: Lead the Pack [OPEN]

Post by NPC Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:54 pm

Never in his recent years did he hear events unfolding before his very senses, and now his own squad are kicking up a fuss over an upstart! At least that's what he was told. The elderly man's sword trembled out of supor. Captain of the Fifth squad, Ogawa Junichiro, hunched over the curved sword in a whiskful slumber. To his flank was his son, the vice captain and a towering man in control. He provoked the crowd to a wild frenzy, jumping his gaze among his seated and in return they flashed their coffers. A burst of rabble drummed the scene at an ignoble tune:

'Ten gold on the Captain!'

'Thirty gold on the Captain!

All the gold was on the captain, and nary support for Yuki. The Vice Captain Daichi then nodded to each one of them and glanced back with a wide smile, as if a child was about to get a double scoop of ice cream with chocolate syrup.

'Father,' he spoke with a hushed sardonic tone, 'She has arrived. I think you should prepare yourself…' He firmly gripped his captain's shoulder, empathizing with his grip on the white haori, a piece of clothing reserved only for those with an impressive display of power and respect. The youthful giant leaned over and he uttered two words to his ear, never yielding his grin. He was close, so close…

'Goodbye, Captain.'

The Captain did not stir from his son's words. He was oblivious to the world and the toxic roars from the crowd. His amphitheatre, this building that he, himself built with his most cherished men and women. In his youth, he was a firm disciplinarian with a heart of gold. He loved his soldiers and they, in return, loved him. They cheered, they cried and gazed into the future. Now they are gone and their cry of determination and triumph washed away with this warped corruption and greed.

Deep down, he was ready to give. He wanted to draw his sword and end it right then and there. He weeped at how his precious bonsai tree, swamped with weed and muck and to think it was all caused by his son of all people. His son! He gained control of his grip and he pitifully attempted to draw, lifting himself up as he went but then…

Silence.

He gasped at the sound of determined and spirited footsteps approaching before him and belayed his thoughts. His eyes flashed weakly, grimacing at his own sapped strength. It was that girl. Now a woman. Yuki Kameneko, he recalled. Has time gone by ever so quickly he reflected? He had noticed his long grey mane of his was long gone against his will. Replaced with a silver wild beard. He snorted. Why are you here, alone in the arena? He then recalled his wayward son's words…

'Welcome to the Captain's challenge, Kuki Yamneko' Daichi cried. His mocking tone and the butchering of her name caused a unanimous laughter from the crowd. The witness expressed their displeasure towards the young wolf as he continued, 'I've gathered two hundred of our finest fifth squad members - your mates - and I must give thanks to those from our neighboring squad for taking their time off to watch David vs Goliath slug it out to the death!'

'how disgraceful!' The Captain lamented.

'Say, Yuki Kameneko. Do you have anything to say to the crowd?' He inquired towards the young upstarter.

NPC

Yuki Kameko and Ishikawa Genji like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuki Kameko Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:22 pm

What a sad sight.

Katsumi wasn't wrong. When she had met the man Captain Ogawa was much different than the one presented before her now. He was more energetic. Tougher. At least she remembered him appearing as such. A vibrant man, still very old but certainly filled with centuries of battle left to enjoy! Truth be told she had been so wrapped up in her hunts that she had forgotten to pay him visits.

It wasn't your fault.

Kokoro's words were only partly correct. She had forgotten. That was on her. But then Ogawa had been busy too. At least, that had always been the response she'd been given when she'd made appointments. Always away on some other errand. In a meeting. Taking a break. There were occasions when she'd managed to visit, sure, but it had been at least  a few years now since her last one.

The little Shinigami's gaze drifted to the side of her dear captain, focusing in upon his second. His son. A despicable man. He probably had some part to play in all of it. There were some pretty horrendous rumors about him. Abuses of his station, his power, and his privilege. His name brought her blood to a boil. Oh yes. She knew full well the sorts of things he might indulge himself with if he were made captain. Given her station, and given their feelings towards one another, it would not end well.

Take his head then.

Not until his father has passed.

Then take his head!

It took everything within her power not to glare at the lieutenant. He was doing this on purpose. That much was obvious. Of course most of those gathered ended up joining in on his side. It wasn't unexpected, just disappointing. If she won she'd need to drill some discipline into these people.

If you win they are likely to assassinate you.

Actually, I agree with Katsumi here.

Let them try.

Words for the crowd? Daichi never had been very bright. He deserved what came next. Clearing her throat, Yuki raised her voice, speaking up just loud enough to be heard by those gathered.

"I find it shameful that our lieutenant cannot even remember the name of a challenger. Next time I shall write it down for you."

Okay, maybe it wasn't quite as blistering as she had in mind. Insults and such were never her forte. She liked to let her sword do the talking. Regardless her attention returned towards her captain, head lowering slightly out of respect. He was the only one here who really deserved it.

"I am honored to finally match blades with you, Captain Ogawa."
Yuki Kameko
Yuki Kameko

Ishikawa Genji and Rennyo Hatayama like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NPC Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:26 pm

"Practice what you preach!" The coward, Daichi rebuts the wolf shinigami. If only she knew the whole circumstances and how rotten the carcass of the fifth squad is. The crowd bay at the new arrival, convincing themselves of their certain victory would give them riches but among the crowd there was a look of concern and disgust. The unseated were fresh out of the academy and even some who were experienced but condemned to remain at this rank for not towing the line looked on in fraught.

The ringleader continued lambasting when all the sudden the crowd braying noise grinds into a halt. The deathly silence tilted Daichi, looked at his father and witnessed the elderly giant rise onto his feet. Standing right, even in his deceript years, was a fearsome sight. Even more so if he had long flowing hairs, shimmering against the wind. A single step forward and the crowd looked on in awe. The pristine Haori complimented with his black and white uniform matched by the Soul reapers of Gotei Six was a testament of his due diligence. A single glance was met at the challenging midget and, with a hint of denial he uttered…

"You want to be a captain?"

NPC

Yuki Kameko likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuki Kameko Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:03 pm

Her attention returned forward towards the one she'd actually come to see. While her jab had been less than satisfactory it had, at the very least, been better than Daichi's. At least, she had thought so. Perhaps she was wrong? Regardless, it mattered little. She cared not for Daichi, or his rabid followers. They would all receive the justice she owed to them in due time.

An invisible wave seemed to pass through through all present within the amphitheater as Captain Ogawa straightened himself out. The crowd went silent. Yuki's tail started to wag gently behind her, eyes lighting up in a combination of admiration and excitement and relief! This was closer to the man she recognized. Upon being addressed she lowered her head once more.

"No."

It was the truth. Still, it did give her a moment of pause. Perhaps deep down she wanted this? Maybe. However she wasn't here for selfish reasons.

"But for the sake of peace I must become one."
Yuki Kameko
Yuki Kameko

NPC likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NPC Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:03 pm

Ogawa stirred from the wolf response. Peace she wanted! This unsettled him. His nostril flared, disturbing the long flowing white beard. His haori trembled from the empowering presence.

'Ignorant girl!' He spat out with intensity. 'Do not mock me with the lies you mustered!' He maintained the stony composure, his twig like arms, a far cry from his prime clenched to reveal his balled up fists. Every step he made felt like the world had witnessed a historical change.

'Answer me honestly!' His spirited voice boomed, 'Look and think with your words. Or it shall be your last!' He finally made his last step in the arena as Yuki Kamneko's opponent.

NPC

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuki Kameko Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:21 pm

Ears perked up and tail went still behind her. He thought her a liar? It really was her reason for all of this! Without the authority of a captain she could not hope to foster peace between their kind and the Quincy! Deep down it hurt a little to be denounced as a liar, especially by someone she respected. Even so she would not back down. Perhaps she simply needed to be clearer.

"I am. I require the authority that a captain's seat brings. I require the strength held by those who occupy it. With that I can bring and enforce peace."

Cut him down! For peace!

It is a little ignorant.

How else am I to do this?

She straightened herself out now, left hand settling idly upon the hilt of her zanpakuto. Yuki knew better than to let her guard down around a captain. A moment of hesitation could get her killed here today. Once the fight began she would need to go all out. Even then he would probably be strong enough to survive her onslaught. Not holding back would be fine.
Yuki Kameko
Yuki Kameko

NPC likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NPC Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:44 pm

'Being a Captain will help you sue for peace?' He droned on. Poison in his body was in full force and clouding his choice of words. He does not have much time. He needs to make his mark before death swings his scythe cleanly across his neck.

'Preposterous!' He spat out. His breathing became heavy, drawing in the air around him, so strong that it threatened to snuff out the fires. The eldery giant raised his hands high up in the air. fingers branched out to make him look big to the crowd.

'Approach!' He roared, 'show me this peace you claim to bring! Show me and I will prove you of your ignorance!'

Even without his sword, he emits an overbearing pressure. Ogawa Junichiro, the undying ash of the fifth squad, forewarned all his witnesses, 'Leave us!' he incited fear, 'Leave us or be perished!'

NPC

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuki Kameko Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:55 pm

Lips curled into a frown. He doubted her words. Her aspirations. That was a shame. A real shame. However she could not back down simply because her captain disagreed with her motives. They were righteous. She knew this to be true, even if he could not see it.

You have your fight.

Are you certain this is what you want?

Of course.

With a single fluid motion she drew her zanpakuto. Both hands grasped upon the hilt, holding it defensively in front of herself. Reiatsu erupted in the form of a wispy black wind. The scent of blood was carried upon it. She was ready for this. Prepared to die if need be. To kill, if it came to that, although she hoped it wouldn't.

She did not strike yet. The captain had given those gathered a chance to depart, and she would honor that. Besides, he hadn't even drawn his blade! Would it not be rude to strike now?

No holding back! Strike him now!
Yuki Kameko
Yuki Kameko

NPC likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down