Bleach Sakura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fall of the Old Guard [Seated 3rd Division Officers]

3 posters

Go down

Fall of the Old Guard [Seated 3rd Division Officers] Empty Fall of the Old Guard [Seated 3rd Division Officers]

Post by Zenji Hatayama Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:56 am

Third Division Courtyard

Zenji stood silently, leaning slightly on his Zanpakuto, as he feigned disinterest in the crowd around him. Today’s events had drawn a large crowd which was hardly surprising - it wasn’t everyday that someone challenged the Lieutenant for their position. Challenges for the upper two ranks of the Division were relatively rare, they were usually appointed and treated with more respect than the lower officers.

But if there’s one thing Zenji had run out of long ago it was respect for the leaders of the oh so glorious Gotei 6.

“Careful there little Zenji - you’re sneering.”

Catching himself the man smoothed his expression and sighed softly. Binbōgami was quite right, there was nothing advantageous about letting his emotions show now. Better to project strength before the challenge.

‘Advantageous? When did I start existing in such a world where I had to worry about my every action, my every word… even my expressions. Was it Watari’s ruthlessness or discovering the Quincy? Or was it you Binbōgami?’

A cold unsettling laugh echoed throughout his mind. He could practically hear her smirk. “I can’t make you into something you’re not a child, I’m only helping bring out your better features which you’ve let rot beneath passivity and mediocrity for too long.”

He wanted to snap back, to argue that he wasn’t a cold monster like she was. Not yet. But he couldn’t even pretend to debate that his strength hadn’t accelerated nor that his influence had grown since he had begun to allow ambition to rule his life.

He was lucky really, it was well within the realms of possibility for a Lieutenant to have a Bankai but perhaps due to its focus on the Demon Arts only the Captain had ever gone far enough to mastering his Zanpakuto to manage his Second Release.

Still this wasn’t greed… it was for the greater good. The leadership couldn’t be trusted. Only by seizing control could Zenji hope to save the Gotei… save the Balance… all of existence. He was the leader of the Hatayama, the monks of Balance and he would serve the decrees of the Soul King even as the other Shinigami wallowed in their selfishness and forgot their purpose.

Fury began to build up in his chest, overwhelming the disgust as he remembered Yuki’s words. Friends with the Quincy? Fool girl. The only reason Shinigami existed at all was to serve the Balance. If they couldn’t even do that right then they had no right to existence at all. They weren’t Human, they weren’t Rukongai Souls. They were purpose given form. They had to rise above simple personal wishes and needs.

“I will not allow you pathetic morons, filled with weakness, to destroy everything.” he muttered angrily.

“Sir?”

Coming back to the present Zenji glanced over at the old man next to him - Souji, his most powerful follower. The elderly individual was the former 3rd Seat who Zenji had ousted and yet, to his surprise, the man had become his personal aide. More than that he refused to take another Seated Position and seemed content to serve.

Part of Zenji wondered if the old man was just waiting for a chance at retirement.

“Ah nothing Souji, apologies, we should make our way inside. I’ve asked Yuudai to meet us within the challenge hall.”

“Very good sir”

With his staff clicking against the path Zenji strode into the building, ignoring those watching him, it was time he got what he deserved.

Third Division Main Arena

The huge room was perfect for this sort of thing. Its walls were reinforced and enchanted through means both arcane and mundane to withstand the destructive power of even the greatest Hado or even the might of a battle between two Captains… or so it was said.

To his pleasure Zenji saw that unlike his challenge fight for the 3rd Seat there was no great crowd seated around the sides to watch the fight for their own entertainment. Instead it had been decided that only Seated Officers could attend and even then only the Senior ranks without permission. The reasons he’d heard for this conflicted with each other. Some said it was for personal safety, a battle between Lieutenant strength Shinigami could be dangerous for those without the Spirit to withstand the clash of Reitasu. Another reason he’d heard was that the Captain had hoped Zenji would lack enough support amongst the Seated ranks for the Challenge itself.

If so then more fool him. He’d been padding the Division with those who respected his Clan for some time now. Like all the other Captains of his generation he had become passive and detached from the day to day running of his Division and thanks to that Zenji had managed to spread the tendrils of his influence.

Looking up he stared at the man standing to one side. Captain Satoru Sasaki, the Sasaki Clan had once mattered but their star had fallen even further than that of the Hatayama and now he remained the last Shinigami of his bloodline.

“A Bloodline we’ll end soon enough.”

Zenji didn’t argue.

Shifting his gaze he glanced at the man speaking to the Captain. Lieutenant Ryōma Ukita- it was said he’d once been a powerful practitioner of the Demon Arts but he had fallen into the same lethargy that had overtaken his master. Zenji had reviewed the reports over the past few weeks, as far as he could tell the man hadn’t gone on a single Patrol in over half a century. He hadn’t even attended a training session in three decades. It was that lack of practice that Zenji planned to take advantage of.

Turning to his companion he frowned.

“Have you seen Yuudai? He doesn’t appear to be here yet.”
Zenji Hatayama
Zenji Hatayama

Back to top Go down

Fall of the Old Guard [Seated 3rd Division Officers] Empty Re: Fall of the Old Guard [Seated 3rd Division Officers]

Post by Zenji Hatayama Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:14 am

OOC Note: Seated Officers of the 3rd Division are free to enter and observe the Challenge.
Zenji Hatayama
Zenji Hatayama

Back to top Go down

Fall of the Old Guard [Seated 3rd Division Officers] Empty Re: Fall of the Old Guard [Seated 3rd Division Officers]

Post by Yuudai Oshiro Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:07 am

Yuudai finished off the final bite of his strawberry cheesecake and let out a satisfied sigh. It had been a long time since he had a sparring partner he could really let loose with. Ever since Zenji became seated he hadn’t had as much time to spare for training with his cousin. The shinigami rolled his shoulder to try and loosen it up, sore from the training with Yuki he had just finished. The girl was small but damn, was she fast. He smiled hoping she had enjoyed it as much as he, so they could do it again sometime.

The man slowly stood up from his seated position letting out a groan from his sore muscles, it really had been too long since he had a proper fight. He stretched out fully when he stood fully, several of his joints letting out a cracking noise, “Ooh. Well, little Yuki, that was fun. We should dance again sometime. I hate to love you and leave you but I have to attend Zenji’s challenge. Please, do enjoy the rest of the tea.” He smiled widely and bowed his head slightly before turning to Reika, “I suppose I’ll see you there, Reika. Don’t be late.” Another slight bow of the head and the man quick marched away from the pair and towards the Third Division’s Arena.

Yuudai arrived just as his cousin was asking about him, “Fear not cousin, I wouldn’t miss your fight for anything.” He nodded a greeting to Souji before continuing, “My sparring went on a little longer than I thought. That lass is extremely quick on her feet.” More cracking sounds as he stretched again, “I’ve got your back Zenji, you know that.” He gave his cousin a light tap on the shoulder, “Now go kick his ass and show him what a real lieutenant is made of.” He smiled widely and let out a small chuckle before stepping to the side and giving the man his space to collect himself proper. This was going to be a such a fun spectacle to see.
Yuudai Oshiro
Yuudai Oshiro

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenji Hatayama Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:20 am

Zenji turned to smile at his cousin when he heard the man arrive. “Ah my loyal entourage has arrived.” he noted jokingly before chuckling.

At the mention of her his smile faded slightly but returned after only a brief moment. However it didn’t quite reach his eyes. “Glad to hear it went well. Always good to hear Officers of the Third are getting along and trying to improve.”

Turning back to glance towards the Captain and his Lieutenant speaking at each other. “Oh don’t worry… it won’t take too long.” he replied softly. “Of course I’ll put on a show… I wouldn’t want to disappoint Captain Sasaki.”

The Hatayama Clan’s leader smiled wider than before, but it was a cold and cruel thing, because he knew a secret. Zenji no longer was willing to take risks or engage in fights he couldn’t predict the outcome of. He had weighed both leaders of the Kido Corp and found them wanting. Ryōma was far beneath him and Satoru was but a step ahead.

Soon he’d have it all. All he wanted. All he needed.

“All we deserve.”

Wiping the ugly expression from his face he turned to smile brightly at his Cousin. “Our Clan is in ascension Cousin. Let us bring our Division along with us.”
Zenji Hatayama
Zenji Hatayama

Back to top Go down

Post by Reika Suzumei Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:43 am

Reika groaned. She was late to watch Zenji fight the fight against the Lieutenant of the Third Division. The young shinigami had spent way too much time enjoying the sweets, and tea, and doting on Yuki for helping her test out the capabilities of Yuudai. Her little friend of hers was a godsend. She seemed to be etching her way into all facets of her life at this point. Reika wasn’t sure if she should be concerned or overjoyed by the fact that she had this wonderful person as a friend in her life.

The redhead entered the compound with a slight leap in her heart. This, this was where all the action happened. Where people with steeled nerves of fortitude flung themselves against battle. Where they tried to rise among the ranks of shinigami and prove their worth. It was daunting, to say the least. Reika had managed to simply walk into position - to take power unopposed by anyone. Granted, it was by Zenji who seemed to have proven his worth a thousand-fold just by beating the man whose position he now held.

That didn’t seem enough for the skyward-bound Zenji. No, that man was destined for something greater than his current seat. He wanted more and more - such a greedy little man. Reika could easily see the writing on the wall. His power was greater than most of the noble houses, save for one. That damned Watari Suzumei - the man that made her skin crawl. The man that managed to make her awaken Asadi.

Those thoughts had to be pushed aside. Today was Zenji’s day - Zenji’s fight. Steeling her nerves, Reika approached the cousins with her bright and cheerful smile. “I’m here!” The young shinigami chimed in, raising her right hand in greetings to the pair. Her cheerful demeanor lingered over the two before she playfully punched Zenji in the right shoulder. “You’ve got this. You believed in me - now it’s my turn. Go out there and kick some ass!”

She positively beamed. There was nothing more in this world than that Zenji could easily take on the Lieutenant and become something he was destined to do. “We’ll be here rooting for you. Even Cake Boy believes in you.” Reika winked at Yuudai, teasing the lad after his fierce fight with Yuki.
Reika Suzumei
Reika Suzumei

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenji Hatayama Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:45 am

Hearing the voice of his oh so loyal Fifth Seat the man turned and smiled. “Ah Reika, I’m glad you could make it. Now all two seated officers who support me are here.” he added with his typical self-depreciation. It wasn’t exactly true either. Zenji had appointed a number of new seats in the months and weeks that had followed Reika’s appointment. His cousin was simply the latest of them.

More than that however neither the Captain nor his precious right-hand had done anything in years. Prior to Zenji’s arrival all the work was done by Souji then with his own ascension to Third Seat he’d taken over the day-to-day running of the Division.

“Thank you - I appreciate it.” he answered sincerely. Despite everything these public shows of force went against Zenji’s nature and he was somewhat disquieted by having to go through it all. Still it was for the best. His leadership would help strengthen the Division and, as such, the Gotei 6 which in turn would make for a safer Soul Society.

‘It will also mean I can look out for those beneath me better." he told himself silently as he glanced from Reika to Yuudai.

“Oh no excuses my little Soul Reaper. There’s nothing wrong with hungering for a little power.”

Zenji gritted his teeth in annoyance as he turned his gaze back towards the other officers in the room. That wasn’t true. Was it? He wanted power. Yes, he had accepted that ambition but she made it sound so selfish. His goal was for the greater good. To protect everyone even those too lazy or too stupid to know how grave a threat really dwelt amongst Humanity.

Snickering echoed within his mind but he did his best to ignore it.

“Lieutenant Ukita. Third Seat Hatayama. Please get into position. The challenge shall begin in 2 minutes!” called out the judicator, a Seated Officer from the 1st Division was carrying out the role today.

Taking a deep breath the Nobleman glanced at his three compatriots. “Well… here goes nothing.”

Zenji’s grip on his shakujō tightened as he felt a wave of nervousness flow over him. Striding towards the edge of the arena he nodded at the judicator with the most calm and neutral expression he could manage although he wasn’t sure how convincing it was.

Meanwhile Ryōma took his sweet time, sharing a laugh with his Captain as the confident duo smirked in the challenger’s direction before he swaggered into position.

“1 minute!”
Zenji Hatayama
Zenji Hatayama

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenji Hatayama Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:02 am

A bell rang out and the Judicator stepped forward. “Challenger step forward and name yourself along with your second.”

The process was a little different form the last time he’d taken part in one of these but then he’d heard the exact rituals surrounding these proceedings varied not only between Divisions but also between generations so there were likely dozens of different methods floating around the Gotei but, in the end, they all came down to combat.

“Third Seat Zenji, 28th Head of Clan Hatayama with my second - Seventh Seat Yuudai Hatayama.” he said using his cousin's formal adopted name.

At this the 1st Division Officer would bow slightly and gesture for Yuudai to take his place a few steps behind Zenji. By tradition he was there to take Zenji’s place if he was unable to fight or to stand by him if treachery occurred. But it was only tradition. In truth he was only a visible figure of support. Although… Zenji had needed to step in during Nao’s Challenge but hopefully those circumstances would remain unique.

Turning, the Judicator looked towards the other side of the arena. “Defender step forward and name yourself along with your second.”

The other man smiled but there was a look to his gaze, Zenji could swear the other man was furious. It was easy enough to guess why. Zenji had used his noble position in his introduction and it was well known that the Lieutenant, despite his extravagant style of living, came from one of the poorer districts of the Rukongai.

“Lieutenant Ryōma Ukita with my second…” he paused as an ugly smirk possessed his features. “Captain Satoru - 25th Head of the Sasaki Clan”

As the tall commanding officer of the Division took his position the room erupted into hushed whispers. Even the Judicator seemed lost as he glanced around the Hall. Whilst it wasn’t technically forbidden this sort of thing never happened. The Captain was meant to be neutral in these sorts of affairs.

The Judicator retreated to another nearby group of Shinigami, his assistants from the 1st, clearly confused about what to do.

At the other side of the arena both Lieutenant and Captain were smirking arrogantly at Zenji. The man felt his blood begin to boil, even Binbōgami’s rage hammered against his soul, but he forced himself to appear calm.

To wait as the group of 1st Division officers tried to decide what to do.
Zenji Hatayama
Zenji Hatayama

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenji Hatayama Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:55 pm

The group of 1st Division Officers where joined by an Officer from the 3rd, one Zenji recognised as being firmly in the Captain Sasaki faction, and a moment later they broke up,

“Fi-fighters move to your position..” the Judicator said with uncertainty, seemingly purposely not looking towards the Lieutenant and Captain, however a few of his fellow 1st Division Officers shot fearful glances at Satoru.

‘Threats to get his way. Typical Gotei leadership.’

“Proof of their weakness. If they had the strength the threats wouldn’t even be necessary.”

He quietly agreed. The bullying was the act of weak leadership. This was why this challenge was so important and why he was glad that the Captain was here. A little fear would put the old fool into a more cautious set of mind and in that time Zenji would take the opportunity to seize even more control of the Division. Even now, as Third Seat, he had managed to grow his supporters to at least the same size as the group that comprised the Captain’s followers.

“First focus on the goon.”

‘Yes, yes - of course. Now you focus too. You’re barely useful in a fight as it is.’ he quipped back and could practically hear Binbōgami grinding her teeth in anger. The combative spirit had never quite been happy that she wasn’t more of a… fighty type Shikai release. Not that he’d be any good with such a thing anyway.

“Fighters commence on 3-2-1… begin!”

“Jubaku Binbōgami!” snapped Zenji as his Reiatsu exploded outwards and the sealed wooden staff began to break apart leaving behind a small kaiken. The black mist was carried outwards by the force of his spiritual pressure and began to spread across the arena floor.

Zenji looked up and saw Captain Sasaki looking back with an expression of shock while Ryōma just looked horrified.

“U-utau Raijū” he managed as his Zanpakuto shifted into a different katana form and lighting danced along the blade even as the black mist surrounded him.

Even as the Lieutenant’s Reiatsu spiked with his release it was a mere shadow in the wake of the Third Seat’s. Zenji grinned broadly. The lieutenant was even weaker than he was when he had fought the Quincy.

“Seniors go first Lieutenant.” Zenji said mockingly, with a clear air of disrespect.

“Nomihosu.” he added with a whisper. With the command the black mist subtly shifted as it began to drink in the Lieutenant’s energy.

Ryoma’s expression of fear twisted into one of rage. “Insolent child!” he snarled while gathering Spiritual Energy to his hands. “"Ye lord! Mask of blood and flesh, all creation, flutter of wings, ye who bears the name of Man!”

Zenji rolled his eyes as the man incanted, it was clear he lacked combat experience casting a long winded incantation when Zenji could just flash-step across and slit his throat. Still he let the man continue.

“On the wall of blue flame, inscribe a twin lotus. In the abyss of conflagration, wait at the far heavens.” he finished while pushing his palms towards the Third Seat. “Hadō #73. Sōren Sōkatsui.”

Two bursts of blue energy roared from the Lieutenant's hand straight towards Zenji.

A faint smile touched his lips but he didn’t move to avoid the attack. “Bakudō #81. Dankū.” he said calmly as a translucent barrier took the form of a wall between them and the spell crashed against it impotently.

Ryoma was breathing heavily and could only stare in shock as his attack was utterly negated without effort. After a moment he snarled and leapt forward, lightning flowed around his weapon.

Zenji reached out towards the man then clenched his hand into a fist. “Bakudō #63. Sajō Sabaku.”

A rope of yellow energy formed around Ryoma and tightened, binding his arms to his body. The Lieutenant stumbled and fell to the ground, suddenly unbalanced, and his Zanpakuto fell from his grasp and slid across the ground.

Without missing a beat Zenji clasped his hands together and began incanting. “Walls of iron sand, a priestly pagoda, glowing ironclad fireflies. Standing upright, silent to the end!”

As he spoke he raised his clenched hands above his head conjuring yellow orbs of power. Slamming his hands to the ground the orbs sunk into the floor as he finished. “Bakudō #75. Gochūtekkan!”

A pillar of light formed above Ryoma as the Captain yelled something which Zenji ignored as he focused on his spell. Five pillars, connected by chains, slammed into the ground around the Lieutenant - pinning him to the ground.

Ryoma let out a cry of either annoyance or pain, Zenji wasn’t sure as he’d never been hit by such a high level Binding Spell himself.

“It’s over!” Satoru snapped with anger at the Adjudicator who looked unsure.

“Uhh… the Lieutenant hasn’t… given up.” he said with uncertainty as Ryoma struggled pointlessly against the Binding.

“No it’s not.” Zenji said icily as he strode locked his gaze on the captured Lieutenant and raised his arm. “Seeping crest of turbidity. Arrogant vessel of lunacy! Boil forth and deny! Grow numb and flicker!”

The Captain stepped forward, yelling as the Adjudicator tried to stop him but Zenji continued.

‘Ryoma is too dangerous to be left alive.’ Zenji thought to himself… or his Zanpakuto insisted… he… wasn’t sure.

Malicious black reiatsu surrounded the two combatants and Zenji let the current bindings around Ryoma dissolve. The Lieutenant fearfully tried to crawl to his feet but the Lord of the Hatayama didn’t stop.

“Disrupt sleep! Crawling queen of iron! Eternally self-destructing doll of mud! Unite! Repulse! Fill with soil and know your own powerlessness!”

Satoru had shoved the Adjudicator aside and drew his Katana. But he was slow.

“Hadō #90. Kurohitsugi!””

The black coffin formed around Ryoma, trapping him, as the man screamed his last as he vanished from sight. The energy box was pierced by spears and the arena filled with silence. The black coffin vanished leaving behind the bleeding corpse of the former Lieutenant.

Turning his attention to Satoru he saw the Captain had stopped mid-charge to glance in shock from his former Lieutenant to his new one.

Then anger slowly returned. “How dare you!” snarled the Captain.

The Adjudicator stepped forward and cleared his throat. “Zenji Hatayama is the winner and the new Lieutenant of the Third Division.”

The Captain rounded on the man. “He murdered him!” he roared but the Adjudicator just shifted uncomfortably. “It’s well within the rules and happens quite… quite often if the other party doesn’t verbally surrender.”

With a noise of indignation Satoru backhanded the First Division Officer sending him flying into a wall causing his friends from the 1st to go running after their injured friend.

“And you!” he spat rounding back on Zenji. “You’ll never be my Lieutenant!” he hissed as he raised his sword with obvious foul intent as his Spiritual Energy began to grow. “Ba-”

“Hadō #4. Byakurai!” screamed Zenji as he thrust a finger at his Captain. The blue lightning tore straight through the man’s bicep and with a scream Satoru dropped his unreleased Zanpakuto.

Zenji stepped towards the man and the Captain took a half-step back - fear clear in his eyes.

“KILL HIM!”

Realising he was breathing heavily Zenji tried to calm himself, his heartbeat ringing out in his skull as he fought the urge to slaughter the man.

‘No… no, I must do these things properly. He will die but it will be a proper challenge. I won’t kill him in cold blood. I am not Watari.’

Staring icily at his Captain he allowed Binbōgami to return to her sealed form. “I think we will leave that to another day… Captain.” he said softly.

With a bow he added. “I promise you will receive the official challenge shortly after I’ve settled into my new role and cleaned up after the issues Former-Lieutenant Ukita made. I recommend you stay out of the way Sir - alot will be changing.”

Satoru could only stare, his hand clasped to his bleeding wound but no one came to help.

Zenji walked over to the corpse of his predecessor and leant down to take the bloody badge from the body’s arm. It was his afterall.

“Someone - please help the Captain. He hurt himself.” Zenji added as a Kaido specialist nodded and ran forwards.

Sweeping his gaze across the room Zenji saw his supporters were smiling… as where a number of officers he was certain had sided with Satoru.

He had been afraid the uncharacteristic viciousness would turn some of them against him but they all seemed pleased… and those who had previously not sided with him looked only too happy. Had they thought him too soft and weak to stand against Satoru and Ryōma?

… it had been vicious… right?

‘Then why do I not feel bad?’

“Because you’re learning.” the Spirit commented gleefully.

“Why doesn’t that make me feel bad?” he muttered to himself.

‘Well it’s over now.’

With a sigh he walked towards his cousin and Reika.

As he strode towards the pair he glanced at his badge. Huh it really did have a lot of blood on it.
Zenji Hatayama
Zenji Hatayama

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuudai Oshiro Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:58 pm

Yuudai Stepped up behind Zenji when his name was announced and held his head high. He showed no fear of the clearly more powerful foes, instead beaming pride at being his cousin second. Despite the fact he wouldn’t really be able to do anything should something go awry. He did his best to keep his stoic expression even when the captain was named as their opponent's second, though he was as surprised as everyone else. Was that allowed? He couldn’t think of a rule saying it wasn’t but also no occasion it had ever happened.

The man took a single step backwards as the judgement came down to allow it and the match began. Even Yuudai was taken aback slightly when the lieutenant began a full incantation. In a one on one duel. Was he insane? Or was he truly as incompetant as Zenji had made out. As his spell finally fired and was easily block the answer was made quite clear. The guy was useless.

The match was decided quickly after that,  despite the captain’s declarations and his cousin was declared the new Lieutenant. As the captain stepped forward to strike at Zenji, Yuudai knew he had to step in too, that was his job here. But what could he do against a captain?

‘Here, this will help. Sort of…’ Yogan’s voice echoed through his head. The words bounced around his head, then he felt them change and move, he felt them ricochet around his soul splitting and reaching his mouth. Taking a step forward he spoke:

“C̶̱̱͙om̜̭̝̰̻͒̓̒̈́̂̈͗͘eͮ͐̐̃̏́ ͖̟̰̮͙͎̣͌̒́ẗ͕͉o̳̣̼̯ͩ̓͋͗͋̆̌ ̷͓̱̠̱͕̪̹͒ͪ̔ͪ̆ͬm͔͎͈̗̒̑ͭ̈́ě̢̉̏ ̟͚̏̑̒̀ͯ̽ͥs͔͕̼͔͚̪̯͗ͬ̚h̗̠̆̆͗̈a̮̙͉̍̂̀d̘̜̞̋̌͞o̱͍̐̈́́w͉͉̺̮͓͈̤̏̓ͧ́̂s̨̹̺̮̯̼̙̯͑ͪͮͪ̚,̢̮̎̏ͫ̂ͪ̈̚ ̨̟͌͑̉̿̒Ẽ̙̼̮̙͋̓̇͟ṋ̢v̤e̶͋l̖̹̀ͥ̇͟ö̞͎̥́͛̌p̢͈̓̈ͧͥ̄̓ ̵̭̭͓̈̌͂̽͆̄m̧̲̭̗̖͎̣͔͂ͧ̔y̮̼̮̣̙͆̇̉͐̏ͮͨͅͅ ̼͇̤͖͌ͅf̆͏͇̤̬͈̤̥o̬̓̈ͅẹ̭͔̮͈͆ͣ̍ͭ̚s̀̅̌-”

He felt his reiryoku focus in his right hand as with Kido. At least it was a similar feeling to Kido but it was also different somehow. It felt far more ‘menacing’ than standard Kido. Yuudai’s incantation was cut short however when Zenji easily overcame the Captain, an impressive display. He watched as his cousin picked up the lieutenant’s badge and claimed it as his own before turning to come back to Yuudai and Reika.

Yuudai beamed a smile at Zenji and his show of power before his attention was drawn back to the reiryoku in his hand. It looked like a pitch blck ooze dripping skyward wrapped around his hand and forearm, ‘Ahh!’ He quickly shook his hand trying to shake off the ooze, it seemed to work.

‘What was that?!’
‘What?’
‘That… That incantation. And that Kido.’
His questions went unanswered but Yuudai could swear he felt Yogan smile.

Turning his attention back to his cousin, his smile returned in full. “Quite the show you put on there, Lieutenant.” He put extra emphasis onto the word ‘lieutenant’. “Even dropping the captain. Though I can’t help but worry about the consequences of just straight up killing the guy.”
Yuudai Oshiro
Yuudai Oshiro

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenji Hatayama Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:39 am

The newly minted Lieutenant of the Third Division gave his cousin an odd look as the spike of Spiritual Power around the younger Hatayama faded away. It wasn’t the start of Kido, not standardised Kido anyway, it was something else… older.

‘Now… how would Yuudai ever know about that?’

“Maybe he’s been hiding things from you… he wouldn’t be the first Hatayama to betray your trust and the faith you put in them.”

Frowning Zenji pushed that thought aside. It was something to investigate another time.

“Well we should go.” Zenji said, glancing back at a Captain filled with fear, anger and hate. “Before someone does something stupid… lets go.”

//THREAD EXIT
Zenji Hatayama
Zenji Hatayama

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down