Bleach Sakura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phage's custom skill

2 posters

Go down

Phage's custom skill Empty Phage's custom skill

Post by Kokuou Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:07 am

Kansen [infection] -
A power derivative from both the original nature of Phage, Their ability to regenerate, as well as a hollow's base ability to command lesser hollows has generated a unique ability known as Kasen. By splitting off tiny parts of its own essence Phage is able to infect other creatures to various degrees, from simply being benign observation, to limited or even possibly full control of the host. Creatures so infected also gain limited access to this ability, possibly even learning to manipulate it to their own ends, although ultimately Phage is capable of severing this power.

------
My random thoughts and imagery of the power. Phage was once a symbiotic parasite/infectious disease so i picture a kind of skill around that concept. picture a blend of Prototype, and a Venom Symbiote i guess.

>Coughing up infectious biomass, it could either become its own little minion creature, or infect a existing creature and transform it into a parasitic host creature mutated and under the user’s control.

>Prototype -manipulating biomass -allowing the host creature to manipulate the infectious mass to utilize techniques known by original user granting them some limited control over the power when it’s in passive mode, often a means to make the host creature think that its benefiting form this.

>Regeneration [parasitic rebirth] -technique? - Would be neat if the hosts and phage would be able to use this to mend their body with a form of regeneration but had the idea that if the main body dies it could potentially be reborn again out of a parasitic host body as like a technique

Kokuou

Back to top Go down

Phage's custom skill Empty Re: Phage's custom skill

Post by Meridith Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:38 pm

After some back and forth on discord and me getting over whatever plagued me the last few days I'm prepared to offer a semi-solid pitch to fill in what's been written here. As this is a custom I'm only willing to do some limited scoping here. Funkier mechanics are reserved for releases. These ideas that follow are not formal yet, but meant to be rough ideas. If you like them I'll give them a second pass, if you have feedback to alter, change, or come up with new ones, go for it.

My basic idea here is this custom provides two beefy bits, regeneration and a minion. Minion I went to death on so I'm going to assume with the lack of details here means you want a lil fighty standard minion.

Infected Soul - Lesser/Standard - 5 Stamina - Minion - This technique creations minions of the Page. Each cast takes an action to create a single minion. This minion has the Phage's Reiatsu-(45/30) placed into a template that should be kept up to date as the Page itself levels. The attack and defence levels are one level below the Phage's Infection skill. e.g, if the Phage is Journeyman, they are both Apprentice.

Parasitic Rebirth - Lesser/Standard - (6/5) Stamina - Healing - This technique allows the user to heal wounds slowly as a battle progresses. Can be used in the users turn without taking their action, once per turn. When used you gain the status Regenerating(2) that ticks down by one each turn until it reaches 0. When it reaches 0 reduce your least wound down a tier, if it is menial, erase it and lose the Regenerating status. If used while Regenerating is active, gain an additional status of regenerating.

Which is a fairly slow heal that can be very effective if it lands on more dangerous injuries, but requires the user to stay up to make use of it. I might wind up making it a little cheaper in a final iteration.

Alternatively if you really wanna hammer home the whole parasite hard to kill rather than straight regen maybe this is better?

Parasitic Rebirth - Lesser/Standard - (5/Free) - Survivability - When the user is dealt a serious wound, they become untargetable during the next round of combat and may choose to flee. If not, they reduce the Serious wound to a moderate on the following turn and may continue to fight on, albeit with the Fatigued status. This technique may only trigger once per combat.

Fatigued - Take -1 on all checks.

These would be given out like so:
None - Nothing
Beginner - Trivial ability to regenerate/survive wounds but nothing mechanical
Basic - Lesser of one of them
Apprentice - Lesser of the other
Journeyman - Standard of the first
Master - Standard of the other.

If you think I'm off target here feel free to hit me back either here or on discord and we'll figure out what works.
Meridith
Meridith

Back to top Go down

Post by Meridith Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:20 am

So, you had mentioned a feeling of wanting to include this with your first release to support it, if so, I assume we'll be waiting for you to get that to mechanize it, confirm deny?
Meridith
Meridith

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down