Bleach Sakura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Shaman and the Stag [Espe / Closed]

2 posters

Go down

The Shaman and the Stag [Espe / Closed] Empty The Shaman and the Stag [Espe / Closed]

Post by Anatoly Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:53 pm

The night was young and yet Anatoly once more found himself strolling the streets of this small town. With his latest accomplishment and many interesting reveals he found himself finally more confident in his understanding of what was going on here. The abundance of spirits in this little town in the outskirts of Tokyo did initially prove as quite the mystery but now it was finally getting unraveled and he was ready to start taking steps to changing that. He had devised several way's of doing it and from them, a single plan was chosen to be executed now that he had the means to do it. And it was all thanks to the efforts of the Shinigami Nao and Kisho, their sacrifice was his blessing.

However, there was still one thing that Anatoly was missing and that brought him back to the streets and the small alley's where he hopped to find a single lone Hollow hunting alone. The night and the shadows proved to be the perfect hunting grounds for prowling beasts, he knew that quite well, as even he used such tactics in the past. But, compared to the Hollow, he was nothing but a mere amateur. Consumed by their emotions and shortcomings in life, these poor souls apparently took on quite bestial traits as they hunted for souls to consume. It was not a pretty life and their presence was not something that brought good news.

Luckily for this Shaman, he was in luck tonight. The presence of one such soul would soon show itself nearby. Only a couple of street blocks away he could sense a rather familiar presence that reminded him of his guardian and those crows from a few days back, albeit a bit weaker. Those crows were most certainly in a league of their own and he was most certainly not aiming for a second encounter, a creature akin to what he was sensing now was much more appropriate. Hastening his steps from mere walking to a bit of a sprint, he would pass through alley's one after another until finally making that last turn into the area of the beast.

"Found you."
Anatoly
Anatoly

Back to top Go down

The Shaman and the Stag [Espe / Closed] Empty Re: The Shaman and the Stag [Espe / Closed]

Post by Espejismo Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:46 am

The hollow had been taking a stroll through a small park, carefully watching the people around for that something, the little spark of fear, anything to show if one of the humans around it had something more. It wasn't interested in the humans as its hunger had been sated earlier, a little accident on the road out of town, just past the wooded area it had previoulsy dwelled at. Sadly, the humans in their blue car had all died on impact with the trees when the person driving swerved to avoid the creature, but still, a meal's a meal. Somehow, the hollow forgot to look for another one of those special humans - it blamed the other hollow, burning the vision of the two humanoids and the wolf into the small collection of its most hateful memories.

A scream had broken the hollow out of its memories and it quickly turned to the source, hopeful to finally find one of those. A woman, young pretty thing surrounded by other young pretty things, had her arms thrown out after another human, one running off on a colorful board, with a shiny green purse in its arms. Disappointed, the hollow turned and continued its walk, leaving the park and making its way through the residental area.

Espejismo had just minded its own business when it wondered into the mouth of a dead end alley, and within it found the human with the board. He was with a group of other young things, half-empty cans and bottles propped on bricks and boxes, shiny little trinkets and empty wallets littered the ground otherwise covered by cigarette butts and ash. The group was laughing as the supposed ringleader shook the shiny green purse upside down until all its content was on the ground, before throwing it in the air and kicking the thing in the direction of a turned over trash can. As it moved to leave, a voice spoke from behind. The hollow turned then eyes glancing over a tall man in a suit. Attempting to move past what it assumed was a detective, the hollow tilted its head in wonder, noticing the human's eyes lacked fear and confusion, even as they locked onto it. "Can you see me, detective?"
Espejismo
Espejismo

Back to top Go down

The Shaman and the Stag [Espe / Closed] Empty Re: The Shaman and the Stag [Espe / Closed]

Post by Anatoly Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:41 am

"Of course I can see you, but I am no detective though," the man would reply almost instantaneously, looking at the beast before him with a rather twisted and menacing gaze. It was as if some sort of a prize just appeared before him and he was about to claim it. In a way, it was, but the creature did not know that yet. It was soon going to find out however and Anatoly was not about to let it slip out of his grasp. The plan that he was about to set in motion needed this last step and he was about to make it, he could almost feel the sand's beneath his feet.

But, before he could do anything he needed to get rid of the nuisances behind the large stag-looking creature and make sure it cannot escape. Luckily, he had methods to do both at the same time. With nothing but a mere snap of his fingers, the Shaman would call upon the elements and bring forth powerful gusts that would breeze through the narrow corridors of these small alleys and converge upon the small clearing behind the Hollow. In a moments notice a swirling mass would form and rise up, forming a tornado. The winds would blow away the stolen goods, the purse and whatever else those kids behind the Hollow were playing with, making them remove themselves from the area with haste, leaving Anatoly alone with the stag.

On top of that, the formation of the tornado behind the creature made it quite difficult for it to escape without first going through him. That was exactly what Anatoly wanted. He needed this creature and it was about time for him to make it his. "Now that the distractions are gone I need you to stay still and do what I tell you to, otherwise I will have to resort to some more painful methods. I do not wish to waste much time here so I would prefer if you would simply obey me."
Anatoly
Anatoly

Back to top Go down

Post by Espejismo Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:09 pm

Tilting its head this way and that, the hollow observed the man before it. Visibly confused, it noted once more the lack of fear and the emergence of something else, something familiar- a look, so full of malice it made the hollow unknowingly take a step back. The hollow pondered its own action with disdain, for a moment missing whatever the non-detective did, only broken out of its musing when the criminals ran past them. The hollow then looked back to the human, its head ever so slightly lowered, as a mockery of submission.

"Painful methods?" - the hollow questioned once the human stopped talking, "Oh no, no. We wouldn't want that, not at all." The memory of the humanoid hollow stabbing its back still brought out panthom pains. "No, we wouldn't want that." - the hollow repeated, with an overexagerated wince. "However, I can't obey you." - the hollow quickly added with a slight head nod. "I don't know what it is that you want from little old me, but if possible, I would aid you." - it stalled for a moment, as if thinking its words over. "Quid pro quo, non-detective? A favor for favor?" - it moved closer then, carefully and slowly, most nonthreatening it knew how.

It stopped then, barely a foot away from the human, its head level with that of the man. "But before we agree, or disagree, what is it that you want human? Why go looking for things that go bump in the dark? Why think I, or any of my kind, would ever listen to a fleshy little thing like you?" - it asked in a curious tone, betraying nothing of what it thought or felt of the seemingly impetuous creature.
Espejismo
Espejismo

Back to top Go down

Post by Anatoly Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:50 pm

Well, this was a rather interesting Hollow. Despite Anatoly's little display of power by casting a spell and causing the appearance of a usually rather deadly natural phenomenon, this creature did not panic nor did he attempt to attack him. Instead, it approached the situation with a caution which he had not yet seen in a member of the Hollow. These creatures did have a human past and most of them were born from enduring misfortune or just not being helped in time but, they would all usually end up as out of control mindless beasts seeking to feed and clench their hunger. This was the first one that did not seem to be so out of control. It shoved reason. More than that actually, he was offering the shaman a deal.

"A deal you say?" He would reply mumbling, actually taking a moment to consider what he could possibly gain from this. His plan was to try out a new spell and attempt to force a Hollow to take him to their dimension but doing something like that on such a sentient one would perhaps be a waste. Like always, Anatoly was not the kind of person who would harm those who could provide him with more than he could get from them if he did harm them. This stag was one such soul, he most certainly did seem to know what he was doing. The tone he used, the way he slowly approached the mortal, it all spoke of his nature and how thoughtful of everything he actually was. In a way Anatoly was quite impressed and, at the same time, also surprised.

Letting the Hollow approach him as he thought about the offer and what sort of a deal could they make, his attention would once more return as a series of questions was put before him. Letting the offer sit back a little bit he would first address the newest inquiries. "You don't have to worry about me, I do have ways around your kind's temperament. As for why I seek them, the answer is simple, I don't like things that are in chaos and without order. Your kin is merely controlled by their instinct for the most part, going around causing trouble and bringing more and more Shinigami into our world. I am a Shaman, I believe all spirits should remain in their worlds and leave the mortals be. Or, at least for the most part, we do need some help with the passage. If I could do something about that chaos and bring order, perhaps things would change, at least a little bit."

Pausing for a bit after that rather prolonged speech, Anatoly would realize that he just shared quite a bit of his intent with the Hollow. Perhaps his newly found interest into this creature did make him want to share such fact in hopes of getting some degree of understanding and seeing how much knowledge did this beast possess. Either way, this was a first for him.

Either way, ending the pause he would quickly answer to the offer from before: "I think we might be able to come to a deal. I won't cause you any harm but, I would require of you to take me to the world of the Hollow. Once we get there, perhaps we could provide some other assistance to each other. But, for now, I would most certainly I wish to get there first."

Last edited by Anatoly on Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anatoly
Anatoly

Back to top Go down

Post by Espejismo Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:55 pm

The hollow waited patiently for the human to finish talking, it met its eyes and waited, looking for any signs of deceit, but finding only conviction. It pondered the repercussions of bringing a living creature there, but found no possible bad outcomes for itself. Sure, the human might be killed, but most of the hollow wouldn't even look in Espejismo's direction, some might even be thankful for an easy meal. If the worst came to pass.

"You don't like chaos, human?" The creature huffed out a deep, rumbling laugh, turning to the side and pointing out the mess the human made. "Were you not the one who had made this mess? Were the humans you scared off not the ones who made a mess before you? What about the rest of the world, the wars and the way of life? Isn't everything chaotic?" The hollow moved towards the street, looking down one way and the other as the sounds of traffic, and people, and life echoed in between the concrete walls. "Can order exist without chaos to balance it out?" - Espejismo pondered for a moment, all the thoughts the human's speech evoked circling in its head.

"I don't care for chaos," - it quickly spoke, not caring if it interrupted whatever the human might have said, "or order. I am a simple creature, driven by my instinct, as you said. I do what I was created to do, I hunt, and eat, and fight, and hope to survive for as long as possible. I am doing things in the order I was meant to do them." The hollow huffed then, "Anyway, I can take you there, to the world of the hollow, but are you sure that is where you wish to go, shaman?" - the hollow paused, giving off the impression of hesitation. "There is a reason why my kind don't dwell there, it is nothing but a wasteland filled with coarse and rough sands" and wild creatures much bigger, faster, stronger than most anything you could imagine.
Espejismo
Espejismo

Back to top Go down

Post by Anatoly Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:01 pm

Bringing up several valid points, the Hollow would counter the man's words and add in some interesting questions. In a way the creature was right, this world was full of chaos and the human race itself was the cause for a large amount of it. However, it did somewhat miss out on something. Anatoly did not have a problem with explaining what exactly. Once the Hollow was done, noticing that it did not wish to be interrupted, the male would add his rebuttal. "You are right but I am not a politician, I am a Shaman and as such I should do what I can when it comes to the spiritual and not the material. I do admit I did make a bit of a mistake there but I did think their lives were in danger so something had to be done," he would add glancing at the mess his little tornado had made.

"As for your friends, I would not worry about that, there is a reason why I waited before doing something like this." And just as he said that, from his back a pair of black wings would suddenly sprout, seemingly from out of nowhere as if they simply phased through the man's body. But, that was merely the prologue of the play. Following their appearance an entirely new creature would begin to emerge. First the back of it that was connected to the wings and then a pair of talon armed arms would follow, latching onto the shaman and basically pushing itself out of the man's body. In a moment's notice the creature would fully emerge, showing itself in it's monstrous form, a large bird-like humanoid clad in armor and feather. Standing taller than the Shaman and the Stag it would merely glance at both with it's red orb before ceasing any further movement.

"See?" was all Anatoly would add after the whole spectacle that entailed here. He was quite sure that these actions most certainly spoke more than any words of his ever could. It was as if he birthed a monster, one seemingly much scarier than the one which stood in front of him. This would most certainly demonstrate how ready he was, or so he believed to be the case. Either way it wasn't too hard to guess what he was going to ask next. "Since I am clearly ready, I think it is time to move. If you wouldn't mind, could you open us a passage now?"
Anatoly
Anatoly

Back to top Go down

Post by Espejismo Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:57 pm

Espejismo listened, a bit doubtful of the human's sincerity, had he really thought the group had been in danger? Or, was there something else, a completely different reason for sending the little criminals away? He had called them distractions, after all. The hollow berated itself for not paying closer attention earlier, and instead foolishly getting lost in its thoughts.

The hollow's head sharply turned back to stare at the human. My.. friends? The rebuttal it was about to spit out at the instult, for that is what calling the other hollow its friends meant, died right away, as the hollow observed first the appearance of dark wings, Have those been there the entire time? What is this human? - and then the repulsive emergence of a grotesque, hollow-like abomniation.

No, the hollow did not see. Was this creature supposed to assure the hollow of the human's strength, or competence? Did the human think showing off a creature resembling most of its kind, if not an enslaved member - in their own world at that - to be an impressive enough display to hold off, or frighten, the mindless monsters dwelling there? No amount of posturing, threatening or manipulating would save the human if the wrong eyes noticed them- him. Once more, Espejismo inspected the human and its slave, before decisively nodding its head. No matter, if the human survived in that place it would owe the hollow a favor, if it didn't.. it was no skin off its back.

"Very well, human shaman, you have been warned." - the hollow turned its back to the two, stepping deeper into the alley. "Now, step back, human. Keep quiet and watch closely, for this is the simplest way to open the passage." Once the hollow reached the end of the alley, it bit its tongue, lowered its head and spat the blood out. Dipping its hoof into the small puddle, it drew the 門 (mon) kanji on the bottom of the wall, while quietly chanting - "Del mundo de los vivos al mundo de los huecos, abra el pasaje secreto entre mundos y permítanos entrar." As it finished drawing the kanji, it circled it twice then continued to add a wide horizontal line in the middle of the wall, the hollow spoke one more sentence - "Pagado con sangre, dada libremente, marcada por sangre sacrificada, atada por la voz de los no escuchados, el alma de los torturados y la vida de los benevolentes; Las puertas están abiertas a mi orden." The lines, carefully considered were spoken as a prayer, as if to invoke a secret power. The meaning of, if the human knew the language, would give off the impression of needing a living, willing, free of mind control hollow to open the passage, and would hopefully ensure Espejismo wouldn't be betrayed by the shaman. After all, not many a hollow would willingly work with their meal, and where they were going the chances were even less of finding one as benevolent as Espejismo.

"Quickly human, come, hold onto me." - the hollow spoke in a somber, yet semi-urgent voice. "You too, slave creature." - it spoke to the creature. "The gateway will open any moment now, once we enter, do not let go, or you will be lost." - it continued with its theatrics, playing up the seriousness of the situation as it waited for the human to take hold. "Abrir!" As it spoke the word, the hollow began the process of truly opening the way to the world of hollows, focusing so the mouth of the passage would open right where the hollow drew the line. The wall before the group seemed to crack, the seems holding the barriers between the realms ripping and twisting into a hole of swirling, turbulent indescribable energies, it slowly, gradually widened until the tallest of the creatures could pass.
Espejismo
Espejismo

Back to top Go down

Post by Anatoly Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:15 pm

Stepping back as he was told, Anatoly would simply let the Hollow do it's thing as he awaited for the final result. From what he had seen previously, these things usually came from odd holes that would open out of nowhere so he was not sure how would it look if someone tried to open one of those. However, due to that same reason, he was quite suspicious of the creature and it's actions. He was not sure if this Hollow was going to take him where he wanted to go so he most certainly was not going to be the first one stepping through whatever portal it made. That is, if it opened one to begin with. Despite their little friendly conversation and the deal they made, Anatoly was naturally still not trusting of the creature.

The process that required to open the portal most certainly did seem rather complex so it had some promise, he did figure that traveling to another realm of existence was not something that would be easy and that anybody could do. Taking notes of what the Hollow did, he would watch and listen as it spoke some words in what he recognized as Spanish while drawing some symbols. Anatoly was most certainly not someone who spoke or understood Spanish so he had no idea what the creature was saying, and his Kanji knowledge was not the greatest either. But, he had his thoughts on what this specific one meant. So far everything was good.

But then, out of a sudden with a sense of urgency it would ask of them to grab a hold of it. It even called out to the guardian that stood behind the Shaman, referring to it as his slave. For a moment he would hesitate, still not sure if what this Hollow was doing, it could be asking them to grab him so that he may have an easier time at capturing them. However, realizing that he had actual means of defending himself that also benefited from touching the creature he would soon do exactly what it told him to do. The guardian however, did no such thing, it would merely go back from where it came. Despite the fact that it seemed to have left, unbeknownst to the Hollow, it was still there ready to strike if it's master needed it.

Then, as soon as they grabbed a hold of the Hollow, it actually happened, a portal suddenly appeared. Dimensions were twisted apart and a gaping mouth opened to them, leading them onto a path. Despite the fact that this still may not have been leading to where he wanted to go, Anatoly was ready to make this leap of faith. He was ready for betrayal and for whatever was waiting on the other side. It was finally time for a new chapter and so, off they went.

End of Thread
Anatoly
Anatoly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down