Bleach Sakura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Monster to Another [El Rey/closed]

2 posters

Go down

One Monster to Another [El Rey/closed] Empty One Monster to Another [El Rey/closed]

Post by Raphael Laurent Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:21 pm

Ever since the day that he’d gotten his magic awakened by that bastard of a Shinigami, Raphael felt like a completely new person, or at least a different person. He wasn’t entirely sure why, exactly, the man had done so, nor was he quite sure as to why Vance kept wanting to know if he’d met someone or another. What had the point of those questions been? Raphael took a drink of his water and double checked his pockets as he walked through the industrial district to the abandoned building. He’d been using it as a practice location as of late. There were more than enough steel beams, breakable parts and empty space for him to practice effectively.

Shinigami were getting ever more prevalent on Earth, he was pretty sure the quincy were starting to gear up, and more and more humans were gathering power too. What were the hollows doing, though? He hadn’t run into any hollows since that one Shinigami had saved him… Maybe they were avoiding him? Or maybe, and probably, they were doing something similar to the humans…in their own way. Eating human souls, or perhaps, even eating their own kind. It was difficult to determine quite how they did it, either. They didn’t have any digestive system so did they just absorb the power that each soul had within it?

Shrugging, Raphael continued on, heading up the stairs and onto the third story of the building. The building had supposedly been condemned, though he never heard anyone trying to demolish the building or doing any kind of investigation so he pretty much ignored that. He fired a blast of kinetic force completely crushing a rock and then a steel beam. He had a lot of steam to let off and this was just the place to do so. He tossed some rocks into the air and held a hand out at them, causing them to suddenly stop midair and simply float there for a bit before he released his concentration and they fell down.

He stopped for a second. “What in the world am I even doing?” He pulled out an energy bar and started to chew on it. “Sherioushly… I can use whatever this thing that’s magic is, though I wouldn’t really call it magic…” Looking out a nearby window, he could swear he felt something, but whether it was far off or close by, was really hard. He hated that about this stupid “sensing” crap. He opened his water bottle and took a few sips. “Well… Whatever. I’ll have to deal with it when something happens…”

Raphael Laurent

Back to top Go down

One Monster to Another [El Rey/closed] Empty Re: One Monster to Another [El Rey/closed]

Post by El Rey Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:50 am

It ran.

He could hardly believe it still had the strength to run after the fight it had been through. Maybe it was used to others moving in after it was done with a hunt. Or maybe it just hoped he would be preoccupied with eating the dead shinigami over it. It was smart, but it wasn't smart enough to intuit that the hunger that had been in El Rey's eyes had been fore the hollow.

He only ate the winners. that had been his philosophy for as long as he could think. And so far, he hadn't suffered any serious lapses in his ability to think when he followed this simple rule. The fact that the hollow could run even with its injuries just meant it was tougher than he expected. Which made it all the more tantalizing of a target. Resilient and intelligent. Traits he would hopefully be able to take into himself as he feasted on it. He didn't know if it would work like that. The most he could confirm was that eating the stronger of two souls who fought meant he gained strength faster than any other method he knew of. But if it was true, did that mean he had been doing it the whole time? Was the reason he didn't feel he was able to learn fast enough because most hollows were stupid?

Speaker had said hollows carry those they eat with him.

"Concerning." he spoke to himself. He might have to consider the intelligence of his meals more closely in future. At the moment, it did not concern him too much. The hollow's ribbed side crumpled under his paw and the swipe to the side sent it flying. El Rey's eyes glanced about. Some sort of place of industry for humans. Long abandoned it would seem.

He turned and followed his meal, stepping through the hole in the wall and advancing on the whimpering thing. It held up claws towards him and tried for one last roar of defiance, but the sound when El Rey held its mask closed and ripped out its throat. It was quite a hefty thing. Some sort of ape perhaps. A little bulbous, but that just meant more for him to eat. The abandoned locale actually played to his advantage. No interruptions or threat of such.

At least, there weren't supposed to be. Even as he ripped another chunk of the beast off, El Rey focused his eyes on the man standing before him. A sniff told him human. Another told him different sort of human than Good Bait. Smelled more like Daishi. The feline hollow swallowed what was in his mouth to consider the human a moment.

Then he went for another bite of his meal, and finally a third.

"You are far from home, human. Unless you live in this space. But you look too clean for that."
El Rey
El Rey

Back to top Go down

One Monster to Another [El Rey/closed] Empty Re: One Monster to Another [El Rey/closed]

Post by Raphael Laurent Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:52 am

Another pillar was destroyed and Raphael smiled as he realized that he was getting more and more control. The abilities themselves were still a little crazy, creating barriers and slowing down the flow of time around something, kinetic energy? He chuckled a little bit as he flexed his own hand, but jumped when suddenly the wall behind him exploded inwardly, and he could feel dark energy of two hollows behind him. He leapt back, thinking that he was about to get more talk about Cicero, but instead watched as a hollow that closely resembled a Smilodon, began to eat from another hollow.

It was fascinating, he’d never seen them hunt one another and he watched in awe, until the Smilodon did something he hadn’t expected. When it turned its head to regard Raphael, it did something else that Raphael had never encountered before: it spoke. The ape that it was eating was long since dead, but as it ate, the thing displayed an intelligence that Raph hadn’t encountered before. Sure he’d encountered some that spoke but never as lucid as this. The others seemed like they were in a dream of some kind.

“Not really. I live in the town.” He was still trying to control himself and keep from freaking out on this creature. It was a completely new kind of evolution, this lucidity. The smarter ones, well, he’d always assumed they were there but he’d never fully thought about how smart they must’ve been. “Though, you’re correct, I tend to keep myself well bathed and groomed. I hope that you’re not offended by my surprise. I’ve never encountered a creature as lucid as yourself, beyond other humans, of course.” He reached into his pocket and pulled out a protein bar, before taking a bite. He hated trying to potentially bide for time, especially to be saved like some kind of child, but sometimes there was no other choice.

“If I gather correctly, you’re pretty far from home yourself. Did you chase that thing all the way here, just to eat it? I’ve honestly never seen you all eat each other, so I hope you’ll pardon my confusion.” There were a million questions, but he’d have to settle for only a few. Creatures such as hollows, long lived as they were, usually were bored by such questions, he knew that Shinigami especially didn’t like them, but they also didn’t understand humans. Unless you were one, it wasn’t a thing that could be easily understood. After all, how would one that could never live a short life, possibly understand the desire to live longer?

Raphael Laurent

Back to top Go down

Post by El Rey Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:33 am

Piece by piece, the hollow continued with his meal. This human was . . . chatty. Much more so than Good Bait. Perhaps it was something particular to her type of human. Perhaps he should go talk to Daishi, and see if he got the same result. He sniffed the air a little in the human's direction, and then licked his chops. The blood and viscera of the hollow was cleaned from the front of his mask as he did so. He continued to watch the human as he talked, and then went back to eating. A lot of words. He would need a fuller belly.

He was not lazy about it, but he did not gulp down the flesh as though starving. He was starving, but that was a state of being more than a singular condition. Stripping off the pectorals of the ape like hollow would have to do him for now as he looked back up at the human. How long was he willing to wait? "You have not offended me." A statement, not an assurance. The hollow went back for another bite then looked up again after he had swallowed. "I have no home. I chased this some miles to here. Or . . ." he looked out of the hole he had created by sending the hollow through it. "There."

Now he started to eat a little more quickly. Further push back the hunger, further free his mind. Allow him to engage with this Not Bait on equal ground. It thought him lucid. He turned the word over in his head, digesting it as he did the meat. "Not lucid. Not yet. The hunger still gnaws. It must be fed until it only nibbles to be lucid. But if it is allowed to bite, claw, and tear the mind, there is little hope to come back. You become a beast." He moved around, placed a paw on the gorilla hollow's head and leaned down to tear out its throat. The chunks were gulped down and he looked to Not Bait again.

"Prey."

He was pretty far along with the arm now. He finished off what was left on it, or at least what he could get to without crunching into bone. He moved around to the other arm and began to eat yet again. "Hollows eat. Spirits, shinigami, humans, other hollows. The power in my prey becomes my own. Silences my hunger so that I can think. Learn." He looked up again, not to Not Bait, but around the room. It was still fresh with the scent of power. Not his own, it was Not Bait's. Crumbling walls, broken pillars. Simple, but above the whole of baser humans. His eyes refocused on the man again.

"You have power. Hollows eat you. Have attempted. Will attempt." He continued to eat, hunger not receding quite fast enough given the strength of the hollow. It was a winner, but it was not bringing the clarity he wanted.Just barely enough. He would need more. His eyes turned to Not Bait once more.

"You are afraid."
El Rey
El Rey

Back to top Go down

Post by Raphael Laurent Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:39 am

“Of course I’m afraid,” Raphael stated, responding to the last part first. “It’s not everyday that you come across a creature resembling a Smilodon that crashed through a building in order to eat an ape.” He shrugged. “You’re not mortal anymore, so it might be harder to understand.” Raphael watched the hollow, even as it watched him, planning out moves upon moves upon jumps upon leaps. If something happened he wanted to get out of there, or at the very least, have thought of a way out. The creature was impressive, but something told him that it was a powerhouse, relying on its physical strength. Despite this, he didn’t exactly want to test the theory.

The beast, while talkative, seemed only slightly perturbed by conversation, though whether this was caused by its rapidly encroaching hunger or what, Raph didn’t know. They were enigmas to him, these hollows, almost like some kind of messed up byproduct of life and death. He couldn’t help but wish he had a specimen, a live one, to study and look at. Unfortunately, he didn’t have any kind of facility that could either safely house the creature or with the tools to allow him to conduct such research as he would.

He nodded as the creature spoke again, realizing the truth behind its words. If they were truly driven by such an insatiable, consuming, hunger then filling oneself as much as one could was the best way to stave it off and to think. “Hm. Makes me wonder if the two that I ran into were half full then. Their words didn’t make sense, though they’d spoken a little bit.” Keep it talking, though not too much. Just enough to pique its curiosity.

“Power?” he muttered, finally coming around to the last of its words while shaking his head. “Nah. I don’t have power. At least not real power. I can do some neat little tricks, but I know that somewhere out there are humans that have real power. Hell there are some that could probably tear half of this city apart.” He eyed the beast. “Which is more fun to hunt for you, Shinigami or fellow hollows?”

Raphael Laurent

Back to top Go down

Post by El Rey Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:59 pm

He admitted his fear. What a smart little thing Not Bait was. And El Rey didn't even have to run round the logic that proved the presence of fear. It did mean he could avoid having to go back through old points, but it also meant he didn't get to deliberate on them any more than before, and thus come to further conclusions. Maybe later. After he was done stripping down this hollow to the bones. And he had to be a little quicker than he would like. Even though he was still eating it, he could see bits of bone start to fade off into the aether. Whether it was into his gut or into the air around them, this hollow was going to go.

He'd distracted himself again. He hadn't listened to the points the human was making. Not perfectly. Tracing his memory, he was able to pull the words back to the forefront of his awareness. Once he understood them, he had to stop eating. His head raised, he drew up to his full height, and he simply stared at the human for a few achingly long instants. There was not anger in his eyes. Nor hurt. Nor sadness, or happiness, or any sort of emotion. Instead it was merely cold, calculation. Wheels turning, a problem presented and being solved in real time.

"Not mortal."

That was it. Not the question of what it was he preferred hunting, but the assertion that he was no longer mortal and therefore unable to understand the plights of one. But that itself was the question, was it not? Was he still mortal? He was a hollow. The creature beneath his paw, between his teeth, deep in his gullet was also a hollow. And yet it laid dead upon the floor. Even now at this moment its spiritual body was losing cohesion and drifting off to populate the spiritual particles that lingered in the air and allowed El Rey to run in the sky. He leaned down to tear free several more chunks of the hollow, but his eyes never left Not Bait.

"What do you define as mortal? If it is merely long lived, then no, I am not mortal. Neither are shinigami, or stable spirits, or microorganisms able to survive almost any extreme the world has to offer, nor tortoises that can live for a few hundred years if otherwise undisturbed." He stepped onto the rib cage of the gorilla hollow, pressing down and crushing it slowly. El Rey looked down at his meal once more. A few more chunks. Some strips from the thighs, but he was no longer hungry. He had focused once more.

With this focus he cast his paw forward, with the dispersing hollow still pressed beneath it, and sent the carcass skidding across the floor to slam heavily into the wall next to Not Bait. "If by not mortal, you mean unable to die, then you choose to ignore what is right in front of you. Hollows can die. Shinigami can die. Humans with spiritual potency which invigorates their bodies beyond their years can still die. Do not allow yourself to be willfully ignorant. I am still mortal."

And then he sat, lifting the gore covered paw to his face to begin licking it clean. The air was heavy, though that might have been because he had begun to exert his spiritual pressure. The heavy oppressive weight with the implicit understanding that it could be endured more easily should one kneel before El Rey. He was silent until he finished cleaning his paw, and then his eyes alighted on Not Bait once more. There was nothing there now. Not even calculation. Perhaps the barest acknowledgement.

"I do not hunt for pleasure." he said suddenly. "I hunt to find the strongest. By eating the strongest, I keep my hunger at bay. With my hunger sated, I can think. If I can think, I can learn. And there is so much to learn in this world."

Last edited by El Rey on Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:22 am; edited 1 time in total
El Rey
El Rey

Back to top Go down

Post by Raphael Laurent Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:32 pm

The thing was quite intelligent, though it seemed to be arguing on the points of its mortality; yet it brought up some fascinating points of its own. Perhaps those that were already dead, due to the fact that they had a second mortality, were afraid of this second death and what this second death meant. Yet, at the same time, he couldn’t help but imagine the theories and hypotheses that would arise from such a thing, the ontological trumping the supernatural. This held some semblance of water as even the spirit world must have its own natural laws working to protect it and, or hold it in place.

Yet, as the beast continued talking, Raphael couldn’t help but ponder why it cared so much about what Raphael defined as mortal. Mortal was mortal. “Ya know, human. Having to work a nine to five, whether that’s in the fields or the office, getting off work, going home, or having a drink with friends. Worrying about bills, where your next meal is coming from. The whole nine yards. I wasn’t being overly philosophical about the phrase “mortal”. I mean, if you came at most people with those sharp claws? They’d be mincemeat, and you know it. That’s what I mean by “mortal”.” Raph shrugged a bit. It wasn’t necessarily an insult and, realistically, the creature was taking it a bit too far by going so philosophical, but Raph wasn’t about to judge him. More had been philosophical over less.

Raphael couldn’t deny that he had some modicum of respect for the Smilodon; it wasn’t a glutton but, rather, a connoisseur. It hunted and ate not because it wanted to eat but because it wanted to learn, and that was something that even Raphael could respect.

“I understand, kind of. I mean, I don’t get the whole cannibalizing your own kind and eating others thing, but learning? Yeah, that’s definitely my kinda game. I’m always reading, trying to learn something new. Well, until this whole thing. Now I’m having to apply the scientific method: try something until you figure out how it works and formulate a hypothesis about it.” He watched the cat for a second before following up with another question. “Are you into philosophy? Cuz the way you talk, you sound like you’d be a decent professor of it. Not perfect, of course, but pretty decent.”

Raphael Laurent

Back to top Go down

Post by El Rey Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:58 pm

"If I am to be a teacher, are you my student, Not Bait?" he posed. "If so, then I am a poor teacher as it seems I have not properly explained that your definition of mortal does not follow properly with how the world must be viewed. How you must view it if you want to survive." It wasn't quite the arrogance that Speaker had, but then again it wasn't on the matter of religion. He still didn't know how this human would react to that. He was not going to bring up another man's religion, so instead he pressed on the thought he had been tracking thus far.

"Do you only worry about your job? Having a drink? Bills? The source of your next meal?" His eyes flicked pointedly to all the damage that had been done to the surrounding structure. Not just what had been caused by his entrance, or the carcas he had sent skidding and bouncing to slam into the wall next to the human. "Do humans, mortals, often go off on their own to cause property damage like this with no weapons to be seen?" He focused back in on Not Bait again.

"I define myself as mortal. I can no longer define myself as human, but no longer can you." Not by the parameters Not Bait had set forth at least. He thougth a moment, turning that list of rules for mortality, humanity, over in his head again. Thinking within a certain framework defined by another was, interesting. Perhaps if he challenged Not Bait more, he would come up with more and more parameters that El Rey could force himself to work within.

"Humans do not see massive creatures of bone and sinew which hunt spirits and others of the like for sustenance. Humans do not speak with the hidden men and women who go about in antiquated garb with equally antiquated weaponry which hunt said massive creatures. They do not see the myraid of spirits which litter the world. Some may indeed fear them, but none truly speak with them." He needed only lean forward, great head upon his paws while staring at Not Bait. "By your rules, are you mortal?"

"Are you human?"
El Rey
El Rey

Back to top Go down

Post by Raphael Laurent Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:11 pm

Raphael watched thoughtfully for a moment, scratching at his chin, and finally he nodded with a bit of a grin. “I suppose that it does indeed make me a student, though one that hopes to be more of an active, than passive one. Also, I’ve got a name. I’m Raph, not Not Bait. Why is it that you all settle on such odd names for us humans?” He stretched and took a drink of some water as the hollow spoke. Ironically, despite the fact that he could now unleash ranged destruction of force at his leisure, he was still strangely focused on bills, food and drink. He was focused on the things that assisted in his survival in the human world.

“Yes, those are the things that I tend to be quite concerned about, given that I still have to live in this world. I wouldn’t be able to last long without food and water and my job allows me to have both and a place to live.” Yet as the hollow pointed out the destruction in the area, and how he had no weapon with which to cause such destruction, Raphael didn’t have a retort. “I…” He fumbled around for an answer, trying to find in the area about him that he’d destroyed. “I needed to practice. I’d rather not get upset and turn someone into paste against a wall. Not exactly good for your resume…” He looked around, taking another drink of water. Not like a resume would help him right now regardless.

Raphael couldn’t quite speak, couldn’t retort as the creature used his own logic against him. But…it was wrong! He was human! He had to be! He didn’t know what he was if he wasn’t human… Yet he also couldn’t deny the smilodon’s words as a simple lie.

“Yes,” he replied at length, “I’m definitely still mortal, and…I’m…” He trailed off a bit. He wanted to say that he was still human, wanted so desperately to. “And I’m definitely still human. A weird one, sure. I can do...tricks, but I still have to eat and sleep, go to work… I’m not some super powered freak that runs around fighting monsters and whatever else that exists within the world! You won’t trick me into thinking that I’m something else!!” Raphael’s shouting was now sounding more hysterical and he took a few steps back as the faintest of whispers, from voices far away, began drifting to him. “You’re just like the other ones, calling me Cicero and trying to convince me of shit that isn’t true!”

Raphael Laurent

Back to top Go down

Post by El Rey Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:23 am

His tail twitched behind him, and lashed just a little. It was the closest thing he could get to a grin with the restrictions of the mask. Still, it felt appropriate given what he had finally managed to get out of the human. Not Bait had named himself. The first to do so with a form like his, and the great feline hollow hadn't even needed to try any prompting by giving his own name. "I do not know about other hollows. My encounters with them tend to be fairly short lived and any humans involved in the undertaking are very much Bait." he stated. So other hollows were of a mind to name those that didn't name themselves? At least those hollows that could think. He supposed that much should have been a given, but it was still interesting to think about. Perhaps they had heard of him and were following what example he left behind with those that lived through their encounters with his meal.

Maybe.

Of course, the main meat of the reaction he'd provoked from the human was his outburst. His declaration that even if he was different from the others, he was still human. That he wouldn't be convinced otherwise. Now things were getting interesting, and as he digested the ape hollow, he could feel his mind uncoiling like a waking serpent. He slipped in and around the words, picking the bits apart as Raph told him so much more of the sorts of things he wanted to learn. Granted, the sorts of things he wanted to learn was a fairly broad category. But this particular information was more immediately useful. If he ever encountered another hollow that could actually think as he did and would name others, he could mention this name that Raph had been given. Cicero. He would have to look into the name itself as well for meaning.

While he thought, he let the air grow thick with silence on the statement that the few humans he had encountered had been bait. Though his gaze remained fixed on the human, there was nothing in the gaze. No malice, no curiosity, no acknowledgement. And then his ear flicked, and light filled those eyes once more since he decided it was a good time to return to the present and not use up all the time he had for thinking on a single piece of information. He would have to coerce a little more out of the human.

"If you so decide to name yourself as Raph, then I shall know you as Raph. I named you for you did not name yourself." A shift and a brief shudder ran through him, visible muscles individually flexing and relaxing all down his body from mask to tail. "I have not named myself, but taken on a name given to me by those who fear what I can do. They call me El Rey," he stepped forward, maintaining the distance between himself and Raph, "And I have no interest in being anything like most other hollows. They are prey, and I am not." His head tilted to the side as he regarded the human. He was still afraid, but it didn't seem to be fear of him. Fear of something else that his prying had reawakened in his mind perhaps.

"I have no need for tricks either. You are just a human. Good for use as bait should the opportunity present itself, and food if you prove yourself a worthy meal. But if you do not choose to fight others, then I doubt you will ever have such a chance." Maybe redirecting a little more fear and anger towards himself personally would bring out something better. "Lies are wasted time. Wasted time that could be used for thinking, learning, conversing with those who prove able to hold their own mentally. I have no use for them. You call yourself human, but you acknowledge you are also different. That makes you something different. Less. More. Alternative. How you view it is up to you. But here is further truth."

Again, dark, wispy mist with a consistency of fog or smoke rolled off him. Once more the tiger of bone and flesh resembled a great dark lion of shifting shadow, and once more golden light began to gather around it. He didn't know quite how the marks had been created but he knew he could create his own. His gaze and head shifted away from Raph, and with a brief, barking roar a ball of burning spiritual force flashed out from between his teeth and struck the wall near one of Raph's own markings. He turned his head several times, striking the walls, floors, and pillars all around them, all near the previous marks. El Rey looked back to Raph and the cloak of power scattered to the wind.

"If any human without power looked at the marks on the wall, and knew they came from two entities, they would not see a human and a hollow. They would see two monsters."
El Rey
El Rey

Back to top Go down

Post by Raphael Laurent Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:59 pm

Raphael winced a bit. The hollows responses were calculated, cold and very matter-of-factual, as if he couldn’t be bothered to think of a better reason for what he said, or perhaps, he didn’t need one. Its tail also lashed about and, from what little he knew of cats, this could be anything from annoyed to contemplative, though which one was hard to tell. The one thing that Raphael disliked most about cats was that their very nature was one of deceit and hiding, toying with both prey and predator alike and they killed for sport. They were perhaps the closest creature to man, when it came to killing.

Allowing itself to unwind itself, to prepare whatever mental hurdles it needed to speak with him at length and leisure, Raphael began to weigh how wise it was to allow such a thing. A creature like this, well normally it would devour him without a thought; yet here there was also an oddly perceptive mind, one that continued to not only surprise, but to startle. It planned, it prepared, it readied itself for the next step. This was something that very few people could truly claim to do. Raphael would have to consider what he said, or did, next.

Raphael had to give the Smilodon credit, it most certainly knew how to have an effectively civil conversation. Immediately explaining that it had named Raphael, as he not named himself, Raph could find little flaw in such a logic, excepting that such a thing was rude. Yet the name that it gave Raphael, for its own, made him think.

“The king,” he replied, less question than statement of fact. “A fitting name, I suppose. Certainly regal enough.” He was trying to control his emotions through continued babble and simple thought. If this thing could get the advantage in their little war of words, there was a problem. He couldn’t let it faze him. Yet it seemed intent on treading old ground, explaining that no matter what he thought of himself, that he was no longer a simple human. A wolf cannot count itself in the flock of sheep.

He studied the creature as it once more seemed to darken in presence and suddenly began firing bursts of energy at areas where Raph had, making similar scores in the concrete. Then, looking back at Raphael, he noticed that the darkness and imposing presence it had been emitting had faded. Still, he was hesitant to let down his guard. His next words, however, shook Raphael to his very core. The fact that an outsider wouldn’t see a human and hollow, only what had made these: two monsters.

These words cut deeper than Raphael wanted to admit, hitting something that he wasn’t fully comfortable with. He’d been struggling with the thought that he was something other than human, other than the casual being that he thought he was. The hollow was challenging his very thoughts on himself.

“…I’m a NORMAL human. I-I have to be!” He could feel something slipping. “If…I’m not a normal human…” He couldn’t finish it. “I’m not a monster! So if I’m not a normal human then what am I?!” Things were coming to a head. “You’re a hollow, you know what you’re supposed to be and HOW you’re supposed to be, but I’m a human with these powers, I’m not a quincy! I don’t know what the fuck I am!!” Loose stones in the area, freed by Raphael’s practice and the hollow’s demonstration, began to float. Raph couldn’t see straight, but he was trying his hardest to keep from losing his cool.

Raphael Laurent

Back to top Go down

Post by El Rey Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:31 am

That got a laugh out of him. An actual laugh. Full, deep, gravelly as the crush of stones in a great metal wheel and probably something that more resembled a growl to anyone else listening. It seemed like he was breaking through to somewhere. That last statement had been it. He was at the point where he could learn the most about Raph. About how he saw himself, or told himself how he saw himself. Preconceived notions that were breaking down under the tide of facts and truth until something pure was left. In this way he could learn. In this state, he was approaching something like the hollow.

And the more he learned, the more El Rey could then learn when they met again. This human had proved just as interesting as the last to speak, again through fear. Again misguided fear that could be traced back to him. He was afraid of himself, and by proxy El Rey because he feared being something like him. Good Bait had feared shinigami, who then feared him. So far, fear, goading was the best way to get information out of humanoids. It was just a matter of finding the right triggers.

There were just a few more notions to peel away, and he would have too interesting to do anything but allow to live, even if it was to attack with intent to kill. The rocks certainly did not go unnoticed.

"You assume. You have assumed a lot during this conversation of ours. You assume because I am Hollow, I know what and how I am supposed to be." El Rey stepped closer, closing the distance with one assured half step after the other. Three feet shy, that is where he stopped. He drooped his head low to look Raph in the eyes. "This. Is. False. I do not know what I am supposed to be. I do not know how I am supposed to be. And beyond learning precisely what it is everyone else seems to think of me for being hollow, I do not care."

He drew himself back up to his full height. The cloak of his power shrouded his form again, and he looked down to Raph, not as a superior, but merely one being of power regarding another. "I named you because you did not name yourself. By doing so, you define who you are and what you are. But if you define yourself, you must be certain that you do so with truth. You are not a normal human. You have power. But you are still human. I do not concern myself with bills and jobs and pretenses of human society, but I am still mortal. If you do not want others to define you, then define yourself, but do so with rules that none can assail, lest you make yourself prey. I am named El Rey, The King. I am hollow, and feast on the bodies and souls of others. I eat the strongest so that my hunger abates, my mind blooms, and I may learn all this world has to offer."

He tilted his head down to more fully look at Raph. Time to see if it worked. "Who are you?"
El Rey
El Rey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum