Bleach Sakura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alice in Watariland

2 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Alice in Watariland - Page 2 Empty Re: Alice in Watariland

Post by Yuki Kameko Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:02 pm

A low growl briefly escaped the wolf. There they went speaking about bedchambers again! Did these people not understand how she felt about all this? But then this was probably Watari's doing. Who knows what he said to the others.

Noble games. Noble rules. Noble law. Hell with it all.

He was right. She didn't have any family. As absurd as all this was it did present such an opportunity, and not just from a marriage either. Rei was a nice woman. Yuki could see them becoming fast friends. And this Titus person had a few redeeming qualities. Even Watari probably had some good things within him.

Could care less about having people working for me though. I don't like that. But removing their jobs would also make them unhappy, right? If Rei didn't work here then what would become of her? Or her family?

A chill shot along Yuki's spine. Titus' display of power wasn't met by fear. Oh no. Already her tail was raising, body tensing up for a fight!

Is he going to actually do something?!

Nope. He just ended up departing. Turning towards the door Yuki slammed her fist against the heavy wooden obstruction. It took her another minute of calm, careful breathing before she'd calmed down again.

Fucker! We're going to have our fight! Eventually!

At last she finally pushed her way into the room. It had clearly been repurposed from a barracks. She moved closer, gaze slowly drifting throughout the room. There were stacks of paper. Diagrams. Charts. He probably did his planning here. As for the crate, well, if she had to take a guess she'd say that it probably once contained the poisons he'd used.

Or perhaps he has some other devious plan in motion.

When she came to a stop Yuki stood a good five meters from the desk. Of course she still wore the same clothes from that party. A brief check was made as she searched for her zanpakuto. But regardless of whether or not she located it she'd eventually settle her gaze upon Watari.

"Watari Suzumei. Didn't know your full name before. You do have a lovely home. A little oppressive for my tastes. Almost got into it with your butler too. He seems strong. On that note I would like my zanpakuto returned to me."

Last edited by Yuki Kameko on Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Yuki Kameko
Yuki Kameko

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:21 pm

“Oppressive? Huh, never noticed it before” Watari commented, was it oppressive? This room maybe, but there was no way Yuki would know about that so therefore was it the maid? He thought he had told the guards to reduce patrols in that wing to just one hourly. That way at least it was being observed but Yuki could have her peace. His eyes watched that single glowing red orb, it still sparked with that ferocity that he had choked out of her, Watari still regretted that a tiny bit.

“Titus has been a loyal butler of mine for many years. At one point he was meant to be in line of a captaincy seat but my f-” Watari took a drag of his cigarette and exhaled softly away from the beast girl as he continued “my family acquired his services through friendship surprisingly” Watari’s hands shuffled through the papers on the desk before he found one he was after and then wrote a note on it with a pen before shuffling it away into another stack of paper. At Yuki’s words about her Zanpakuto he frowned and looked for another piece of paper before retrieving it and putting it on the desk in front of her.

“I thought you were informed by your handmaid that it’d be returned to you when you didn’t look like you would try to stab a member of this household? Sounds to me like you were trying to fight Titus. Either way rest assured your Zanpakuto is in a safe place, I took it with me when we departed the Baozhai’s estate”
with this Watari was done shuffling and lay back as he rubbed out his cigarette into the ashtray and leaning back on his chair opened the window behind him to clear the air.

“Ask me anything, I’ll answer you honestly” and with that he smiled and nodded towards the piece of paper, implying ‘except that’ and with that he pulled out a jug of iced water and put it on the desk with two glasses. Both he filled making sure Yuki could watch his hands and then he took a sip of it himself.
Bill
Bill
Admin

https://bleachsakura.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuki Kameko Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:17 pm

"Well, not the house specifically. More the atmosphere. Mistreating people working under you. Killing them. You know. The sort of injustices you claim to fight against. I saw your macabre little freezer. That is why I almost got into a fight with your man. By the way Miss Rei is excellent. If I hear about anything happening to her then, well, I'm sure you can guess the result."

No wonder he was so powerful. A former potential captain? Now she definitely had to test his power! But right now there were more important issues to address.

A hushed sigh escaped from the Shinigami. She could understand his reasoning. "She did inform me, yes" muttered the wolf. "He picked the fights."

Could she really trust him? It was hard to say. But there was no point in squandering this chance to learn more about him. After all she'd need her weapon back before she departed. Moving over she'd take a hold of the nearest seat, dragging it further away from Watari before she sat down.

"Do you plan on changing how the nobility work? Changing how you conduct things here? Eliminating the class entirely? If so, what would happen to your people here?"
Yuki Kameko
Yuki Kameko

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:38 pm

“Eh? Mistreating? The people who live in this house are paid double what they’d typically be paid in any other house. Many servants under the Suzumei quickly move to the higher districts. We even have an “on the untimely event of your death cause”” at this, once more Watari searched through his stacks of paper and pulled out an empty contract. He pointed to each point as he spoke through it. Servants in the Suzumei House were actually treated in the highest regard but if she’d seen Titus’s cold room then of course her perception would be warped a tiny bit.

“They sign a clause in the event of breaking a house rule the Suzumei Clan will exercise their rights as their masters. Their families get paid out a handsome sum for the  failure so we in turn have to be particularly picky about who we employ” with that he gathered up five more of the contracts and placed them in a neat pile in front Yuki or rather close enough to Yuki’s chair that she could reach for them if she wanted, at the front was a copy of her handmaid's contract that if she wanted she could read over, it didn’t bother Watari.

“Rest assured Kameko-chan your handmaid is safe as long as she doesn’t break any of our rules. She is as in debt to you as she is in debt to our clan, suffice to say the same fate will befall her if she ever betrays you” Yuki had at least chosen to sit down which Watari was thankful for, it meant she was probably less likely to launch herself across the room and impale him with a rolled up piece of paper. He let his eyes run over her body for a brief moment and against the cool breeze of the day behind him he smelt the strawberry scent that drifted across the room.

“Yes I do. First I’m going to move for changing these “slave-like” lives servants have in other noble homes to being more of a real job. Did you know that there are some houses whose servants work for no pay and live inside the home at their masters' good graces? It’s disgusting!” The Head of the Suzumei pointed to some of the posters behind him listing the names of noble houses that currently were far below Watari’s standards of what a noble house should want for it’s servants.

“Secondly, removing the noble class is to remove society. Which is to say I don’t believe in a communist society where all men are equal, nor do I believe in a society where all men are before the soul king. I believe in a society where your place is driven by how hard you work and how powerful you are. My servants live their lives, they understand the rules, I run a business here out of the bloated corpse that was my family and through that I have their undying loyalty” it was here that Watari began to gesture to numerous circles circling names and places and people, all of these names and places and people were violations against Shinigami law, slavery, rape, murder and manipulation, all protected by the idea of ‘Nobility’.

“You were correct, I recall you saying in the party that I needed to have a set plan? I will have it, in time, but even saying it in front of a room of people I’ve just acquired to be my allies seems foolish . . . my wife however?”
Bill
Bill
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuki Kameko Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:01 am

Great. She had to move closer. Briefly she hopped out of her seat, scooting it forth closer to the desk so that she might take a closer look at the documents. Perhaps mistreating had been the wrong word to use.

Still. This isn't right. Exercise their rights as master?

"Just call me Yuki" she mumbled, still focused upon the contract while she returned to her seat. "And if she betrays me I'd like to handle it myself. I don't need anyone's assistance with such things. Also, what rights do you believe a master should hold over their servants? If you were my servant would I be allowed to execute you on a whim? Do you really believe in that sort of inequality?"

The paper was settled back upon the desk as she accepted Rei's contract. She paused, glancing up towards the man while he looked over her form. She crossed one arm over her chest, the other occupied with the paper she was handed. It sent a shiver along her spine. She could only imagine what sort of thoughts passed through his mind.

At least he pays them. He treats them well. For the most part, anyway. It is true too. I have heard the horror stories of other houses.

Her gaze shifted towards the posters Watari pointed out, Rei's contract finally returned to the desk. He cared not about equality. There it was. She agreed that serving the Soul King was wrong. But then she believed that serving any higher class was wrong. This entire idea of a class system was wrong. Although something he said did catch her attention.

"A society driven by hard work and power. Does this mean that the commoners could become nobles? If I decided to slay you right now would that allow me to take over your household?"

Fuckin-! Damnit!

"Stop saying that. I'm not your wife! I never agreed to such a thing. Those ways are the ways of nobility, your noble rules. I reject them."

Yuki closed her eye, drawing in one long deep breath. She had to focus. Calm down. This was to be a civil conversation. A learning exercise for both of them.

"On that note, if we are going to work with the others then we should invite them over. To my place. I live alone. Less eyes and ears. Nor will they need to fear the food or drink."
Yuki Kameko
Yuki Kameko

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:16 am

“No, Yuki, but I do believe in agreements and contracts. If you write the law and the law is broken then what higher power do you have to obey to? What stops the world devolving into chaos” he rolled her name around in his tongue, Yuki, it felt weird to actually be acknowledging somebody by their first name and not in the honorific, but those were japanese customs the Suzumei family still carried despite their very fundamental roots in Soul Society. It was interesting in a way, that some habits remained constant whilst others were completely different.

She was closer now, her scent was intoxicating and seemed to waken something in his mind that rush of adrenaline and twisted actions that he’d succumbed to on that night in the Baozhai estate. It wasn’t just her words that invoked primality within him, it was her everything and somewhere deep within his soul, it stirred.

“‘Ey I thought you weren’t going to kill her?” a screeching grating voice sidled into his ears. At long last it seemed Bezaliel had awoken from whatever comatic fit it had been in post it’s release. Watari disregarded the spirit, he had no interest in killing Yuki Kameko but perhaps for a sword emotions and feelings were easy to confuse, after all, how did it know what it was to be alive?

“Regardless, yes, in my society a commoner has every equal right to a noble seat if they can show it. A captain class Shinigami? In my society if they wanted their own nobledom why not? The Baozhai are perhaps the easiest people to show how easy it would be to bridge this gap as they themselves live in the Rukon!”
Watari took a breath and resisted the urge to pull a cigarette from the case under his desk. Slowly he sipped on the cool water and let it wash down his throat.

“Noble games, noble rules, I keep telling you this. If you want to change the Soul Society you need to play by the rules until you can change them” the point was, walking up to any of the noble houses and telling them to do something would never work. They were much too conceited and stoic in their ways to ever budge on any serious movement. This was the same with the bloated regime of the Gotei 6 and the pomp of the Central 46.

“I do agree another meeting will need to be arranged and I’m quite happy to use your home however I have a serious question. Can you protect it?” This wasn’t a threat, there was no ill will behind the words, Yuki Kameko whether she liked it or not would be on the radar now regardless of where she stood. The assassins would come and along with them any other number of unmentionables that would attempt to break down her doors and let themselves in.

Bill
Bill
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuki Kameko Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:00 am

"I agree. Contracts and laws are necessary. But this isn't a question of law. This is a question of ethics. Just because you have a law or a contract does not mean it is right to follow it. Those are simply excuses. A better man would show leniency. Offer second chances. If you want the world to change for the better then you need to lead it better."

Yuki didn't mind being a follower. An assistant. If her clan was strong, if her family's name was protected, and if she was free to pursue her own strength and her own battles then she was perfectly fine with fighting for another person's cause. Provided she believed in it anyways.

That said, she still had lingering doubts about Watari, especially his methods. For now she could try to work with him, steer him in the right direction. If need be she could try to end him too. She also had to keep the others in mind. Perhaps they would assist her in her endeavors? Hell, she might even make a few friends.

Doubtful.

Not everyone is going to betray me.

They all do eventually.

Watari did not desire a society without nobility, however he would allow others to be risen into their ranks. Perhaps Yuki could lend them aid? Pull them free from the Rukongai. If everyone was a member of the nobility then it would technically cease to exist. If she wanted to change Soul Society then she'd need to play by his rules.

"Very well. Provided your ideal world is as you say it is, I will lend you four my sword. But make no mistake: I fully intend to use my power to change the rules. Those of the nobility who misuse their power shall be cut down, not from behind or with poison but in proper combat. That is allowed in your new world, is it not? I may challenge others for their position? Their power? Their property?"

A hand was waved briefly. "If anyone desires an attempt on my life then I say let them come. Each of you will be protected."

Last edited by Yuki Kameko on Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yuki Kameko
Yuki Kameko

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:16 am

“Then make me a better man” Watari said softly looking into that glowing red orb that had seen quite possibly as much as he had. It was lonely in Watari’s corner of society trying to make the gears move to make change happen. Perhaps he was as much a monster as she implied and a hypocrite too boot, but to be fair Watari saw this as the only way. Fair duels? They never happened; there was almost always a catch.

“The offer of marriage isn’t you losing your identity. Keep your name if you must, keep your estate and use those five contracts to hire yourself a staff - they won’t be slaves but I can’t say they won’t be ignorant to what employment under a ‘fair’ noble is like” and how was she any different than he was? While Watari used deception and games the wolf-lady in front of him used her blade. To cut them down? How was that any different from poison. She was probably more ignorant if not equally as ignorant as he was.

“I fear for you” the man said as he leant forward towards her and rested his hands on the table. They would come in droves, possibly they would burn her estate down, possibly they would rape her for the vengeful cogs of nobility would slowly turn to punish all who survived that party if they weren’t strong enough  “I fear that the gears shifting in our world are also shifting in others. You are more noble than any of the nobles and for that I fear you will fall the hardest” Watari stood and moved towards an image that hung in almost a centrepiece of one of the walls. A complex diagram titled “the four noble powers” under each of the houses that had survived the party listed assets, strengths and defences of this Watari was sure of their capability.

“I have no doubt that you can defeat most people in single combat but these aren’t the people who want a fair fight, these are nobles and sycophants. You. Will. Die” Watari had a report tucked away in one of the piles on his desk. He contemplated extracting it, the truth was they had already tried. Every single attack on any of the other major houses had been stopped. The one on the Kameko house? Only stopped because Watari’s men had been watching the property as part of their vast land acquisition.
Bill
Bill
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuki Kameko Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:48 am

Ears perked up. Well, that got her attention. What was it? A cry for help? Perhaps he really did know that he was wrong in some ways. Perhaps he just needed help changing himself. Perhaps he might even be good beneath all the layers of terrible that she was projecting upon him.

No. He is evil. You need to kill him before he hurts you. Before he hurts Rei. I don't think you should trust her, but she makes you happy, does she not?

Why do you think I am sitting here? I don't trust him. Not yet. Maybe not ever. But I can't know for certain, not without exploring what he is.

You were already prepared to strike him down.

I still am.

He would allow her to keep her name. Keep her estate. Hell, he was offering her contracts to hire her own servants. But then why the marriage in the first place?

"You don't even know me. Nor do I really know you. Why the marriage then? How does this play into your game? What is the point here?"

Watari feared for her? After she'd tried to cut him down? The man baffled her. But then perhaps she was simply ignorant in these matters. She could certainly acknowledge that.

At the mention of people being sent after her life Yuki's tail twitched to life, reminding her of the discomfort it currently suffered. Her legs were pulled up onto the seat so that she might sit up on her knees, freeing the long fluffy appendage from its prison beneath her rump.

"Ah. You need not worry about such things. I am used to fighting against such disadvantages. In fact I relish the challenge! Let them send their best! If I perish then my declaration, my words, were hollow. I will have deserved it. But I won't fail. I'll cut down the wicked and I will grow stronger for it, and with that strength I will bring righteous justice down upon each and every one of them."

Yuki paused, studying now the complex diagram. Four noble powers. Perhaps he hadn't actually planned on her being there? It was difficult to say. Watari was very, very tricky.

"By the way, I must apologize. At the party I did not take you as seriously as you deserved. I fought for my own enjoyment. I had intended upon extending the fight for as long as possible. I had intended to slay you, yes, but I love it, you see. The hunt. But next time, should it come, I will not make the same mistake. I'll try to kill you from the get-go."

It wasn't a threat. Really, it was an apology. Perhaps an unusual one, but she believed in being completely honest. Even if that meant apologizing for not killing someone.
Yuki Kameko
Yuki Kameko

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:04 am

“Power?” he asked the word out loud, was that why? He wanted to marry her because he wanted to feel power over her? No. He was giving her everything and receiving nothing. So why? Because she spoke up? That again made no sense, Memnoch and Meili had both spoken up in their own ways. So why?

“Hey boss, I think it’s because she speaks to your soul” Bezaliel chimed in from within his mind, speaks to his soul? Did the spirit understand more about this kinship than what Watari himself even sought to understand.He did want to dominate her again and wrap his hand around her throat one more time but this was so far removed from the idea of marriage that it perplexed him.

“Because it’s safer and it’s kind. I offer you all the tools to do what you want because I think you understand. It’s deeper than that, it’s also because I never break my word” yes the race of adrenaline had consumed him that night, yes he’d baited her to attack him with the proposal of marriage but that was all part of a plan that had been developing in his head. To be a great noble power you needed the resources to be one. As he’d said, he really wished it was as easy as saying all these things and making her one of the five great powers but nobody would accept it. There was no administration.

“And I couldn’t trust you Yuki. But you brought out of me something nobody has in the five years since I’ve been head of the clan. You brought out Bezaliel” as if hearing the name the Zanapakuto hummed in contentment within his mind as it was eager to be released again. There was also something else, that primality of wanting to dominate Yuki again to fight her tooth and nail until she submitted.

Watari breathed in through his nose and out through his mouth. Control. Poise. What even was wrong with him? This wasn’t some sort of teenage hormone-driven sex dream. He wasn’t even that attracted to her physically but now that Watari thought about it he’d barely even looked at women over the last five years so maybe that had a part to play in it.

“You could’ve died, you know, I think you partly owe your life to those others. If it had been you and me and nobody else around I would have snapped your neck or something equally as painful” Watari remembered now, before Memnoch had spat fire at him across the distance and Meili Baozhai had intercepted his thoughts with a simple punch to the gut. He was going to carve into her back that she was his property . . . but the scarier thing was, smelling her heady scent seemed to bring those compulsions back.

“I accept your apology and I will happily fight you, just not to the death as much as you would strive to kill me, I can’t guarantee that there will be anybody to stop me as well next time”

Bill
Bill
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuki Kameko Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:39 am

Power?

She didn't speak up immediately. It was clear that Watari had plenty going on in his mind right now. Perhaps he hadn't even thought of a good reason before. How uncharacteristically impulsive of him. Well, at least, for all she knew anyways. They still really didn't know much about each other.

His words rang true. She didn't trust him still, of course. But he had nothing to gain by it. Her estate, perhaps, but he wouldn't need marriage for it. If anything he stood to lose prestige for marrying someone of her standing, of her appearance. She could understand at least this much.

"Bezaliel?" she questioned briefly, only to go quiet again. She detected something coming off Watari. A slight change in his scent. He was getting worked up. But then she didn't need to rely upon that to see it. No, he performed the same sort of calming exercises that she often engaged in.

We might have more in common than I'd realized. Oh goodness.

"Yes. You very well could have slain me. I certainly owe you for that. And I certainly owe them for preventing it as well."

He gets a free pass. Just one. As do the others. I think that is entirely fair. And no, before you ask, I'm not changing my mind on that.

Yes yes. Honor. Very well.

For a good minute she went silent, studying Watari closely. There was plenty to learn about him. Could they even be compatible together? Not as husband and wife. Oh no. That certainly couldn't be possible. But perhaps as allies? Maybe even friends? It was so difficult for her to even imagine such a scenario.

"Look" she began, voice a little softer. "I appreciate your offer. Truly, I am grateful. What I stand to gain from it and what you stand to lose from it are not lost upon me. But I haven't taken the easy route in life. Yes, marrying you would certainly help me to attain power, to attain recognition for my name. But that is not how I wish to do it."

She had already suffered so much in life. Years of trying to fit in. What did she have to show for it? Very little. But taking the easy route now was tantamount to admitting defeat.

"The Kameko Clan will not be known for an advantageous marriage. I fully intend to carve out recognition by my own hands, no matter how much I must suffer along the way. Much of my life has been suffering. I can and have handled it, and I will continue to do so."

Yuki looked to the diagram. "My house will be respected. I will earn it. Or I will perish, and with my death so too shall my house."

Another pause. She was really opening up, wasn't she? But isn't that how trust was earned? Watari was certainly someone that she did not trust, however if she could open up to him then perhaps she could open up to others.

You will be hurt. This will hurt you. You shouldn't be doing this.

I have to. I can't just be alone forever.

You're not alone.

The little wolf lifted a hand, rubbing two fingers against her forehead. "Also, I would rather not marry someone I do not even know, someone I do not even trust. If I am to marry someone then I would like to get close to them. It is not the noble way, but that is simply another reason for it. Nothing good in life has come from the nobility."
Yuki Kameko
Yuki Kameko

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:55 am

Watari’s zanpakuto was attached to his hip so he drew it and lay it on the desk. The sealed Zanpakuto seemed to be quiet again, which was annoying Watari to no end but at least they had a dialogue going. “Bezaliel is the name of my Zanpakuto, I’m surprised you don’t remember me releasing it” it’s ability was completely useless - a globe of invisibility that wasn’t really suitable for stealth and was really only useful for hiding in dark corners and waiting for the world to end which Watari often contemplated.

“Welcome to nobledom” Watari sighed and leant his chek on his hand whilst looking into her eyes “Do you know how many arranged suitors I get told to marry every year?” he chuckled pointedly, being a Head of a Family was hard talking to Yuki Kameko wasn’t making that any easier.

“You need to let her go”

“Hmm?”

“If you love her let her go”

The spirit was rasping into his head, giving him life advice! But did he even love her? He was intoxicated sure and her heady scent of strawberries sent him reeling and the . . tightness in his chest which his heart beat so desperately to escape. Ah it was a prison wasn’t it? Maybe he was already too deep? No. The Suzumei Family had to be the gear that moved the mountains, it had to be the foundation for a new Soul Society whether they wanted to be moved or not.

“Nothing good in life has come from nobility” Watari repeated the words softly and stood turning to look out the window into the garden. It was spring and in the distance he saw the faint cherry blossoms drifting in the wind. The sakura were so pretty this time of year, but that was why he had chosen spring wasn’t it? A time of change, a time for new beginnings, a time for . . .

“If you don’t care about being a noble, if you hate all that we are and all that we stand to represent. Why are you still a noble? You don’t want to play the games, you don’t want to write the rules as far as I know you just want to fight everyone that gets in your way” it was at that moment that Watari realised he’d left his zanpakuto drawn on the desk. Fool, fool. This was how it ended aye? Run through by his own zanpakuto.

Watari slowly turned and looked at Yuki.

“Drop the nobility if you want nothing from it”
he observed.

Bill
Bill
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuki Kameko Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:16 am

The name of his zanpakuto. Right. We did learn about this. Is that what you are?

. . .

Later then.

She had yet to learn the name of her own zanpakuto. If the voice she heard truly belonged to it then perhaps she was getting close. Would she be able to pull out the same sort of power that allowed Watari to defeat her?

Arranged suitors. She had yet to receive even one. Sure, the idea had been thrown around when she was much younger, before her father mauled a child to death. But that had put an end to such things. It was probably for the better.

Watari left his weapon exposed. Such a misstep hadn't gone unnoticed. Few things did with Yuki. It had always been one of her strengths. She stood, not in any hurry however as she calmly made her way over to the desk. The weapon was picked up, held in hand, inspected. It was only fair, after all hadn't he felt her zanpakuto when he pilfered it from her unconscious form?

His next words brought her pause. It was a great question. Why was she still a noble? Could she not simply quit? Give up her title? It would be pretty easy. Hell, she could probably just live somewhere else. Perhaps Earth.

Live alone. I wouldn't need to worry about people. Hunt every day. Set up a new garden.

A new garden. No. The one she had now held a special place within her heart. Besides, there were other reasons. Important reasons.

"Nothing good comes from nobility. I stand by those words. But those words describe it as I have experienced it and how I see it now. That does not mean that it cannot change."

Gently the zanpakuto was settled back into its original place upon the desk. Trust was earned. She returned to her seat, settling upon her knees once more. An awkward way of sitting for normal people, but it gave her tail the freedom it desired. For now it settled around her body and within her lap.

"I could drop it. I would love to. But there are people suffering in this world. People I could help. And I would not be able to change the nobility if I were an outsider. I refuse to play by their rules. I will fight them. I will break the system if need be. As long as I am a noble I have a chance to succeed."

Her gaze lowered towards her lap, fingers gently working through her fluffy tail. "To be honest there are other reasons too. Nostalgia. My garden is special to me. Perhaps it is a little selfish of me for wanting to keep it, but I deserve it. And I do wish to restore my house. To uplift it even. I can't do that as an outsider."
Yuki Kameko
Yuki Kameko

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:34 am

She had his Zanpakuto and his body screamed, move it said, move and take her now, tear out her throat and break that slender form. He could see it now, grabbing her by the face and forcing her to the ground and then. then . . . then . . . what? He blinked once, twice and then three times as she placed Bezaliel back on the desk. A Zanpakuto was an extension of one's soul, so had that been?

“Us screaming?” Bezaliel asked.

But even Watari did not know.

“Then we are similar. You wish to stab nobility in the gut while it stands in front of you and I wish to put it to a quiet end with poison and a stab in the back. Regardless of what you think of me Yuki, we are exactly the same, two halves of the same coin” Watari picked up his Zanpakuto and twirled it in hand before tucking it into it’s sheathe, but then he removed that too and attach it to the base of his desk via clasps. She could be trusted, she wasn’t so driven by her passions as she had been that night and for some reason he was disappointed.

Watari wanted to die, so badly. But he had lived this dream for many many nights before and each day he woke up and he kept going. Now here he was, standing as the Head of the Suzumei with a person who he had picked to be his wife.

“You wouldn’t lose your garden” Watari said softly, longingly, a part of him just wished she would give in and why not? Was he not good enough? Was he not strong enough? Was he not -. Watari settled himself back into his chair and watched her pet her own tail - it was like how his mother used to play with his hair back when they - back when they - back when they -. It was peaceful.

“We arranged to acquire most of the lands surrounding your property anyway so I can always set up guards to watch and keep your lands safe” there was another alternative, he could just let the assassins do what they wished, infiltrate her lands and burn the garden she loved so much. He could let them do many things.

“We have the same goals, join me Yuki Kameko and help me make the world a better place” Watari extracted the report about the attackers from the pile of documents that seemed to have no sensical order across his desk and passed it to Yuki.

“They’ve already tried and they will come again”
but yet again why did skin crawl? Kill her it yelled, it wants to manipulate us! It wants to control us! Why are we helping something so weak? So pitiful? Take it - take it - take it - take it - take it - take it.

HeLp MeTaKe HeR tAkE HeR tAkEHeR tAkEHeR tAkEHeR tAkEHeR tAkEHeR tAkEHeR tAkE MINE.

Bill
Bill
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuki Kameko Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:49 am

Again her eye closed, and again she let out a gentle sigh. He was right. They were very similar, as much as she tried to pretend otherwise. Different approaches, yes, but the same goal. Well, more or less. Even that had differences between them.

Wait he did what now?

"You did what?"

Once more her gaze was settled upon the man. Why the Hell had he done that?! Even in her own home she'd be imprisoned! This man was way too forward! Honestly it was starting to appear as though he'd never give up on having her. That worried her.

"Didn't I already pledge to lend you my sword? We don't need to be married to accomplish those goals" grumbled the wolf. She leaned over, one hand braced against the desk as she reached out to accept the report. Once she was properly settled back into her seat she skimmed through the reports.

"Look. If it is any consolation I am not saying no because it is you. I would do the same for anyone. A political marriage is not something I wish to engage in. The Soul King could propose and I would still give him the same answer."

Wow. They really have tried, haven't they? All this work to take out little old me? I'm honestly flattered.

She tossed them carefully back onto the desk. "As I said before: let them come. I've been aching for such a challenge."
Yuki Kameko
Yuki Kameko

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:59 am

JUST KILL HER.

IT’LL BE EASIER.

DON’T THINK.

JUST ACT.

“Belaziel?”

“You know I’m starting to think we may have a problem”

“Oh”

“Just let it go?”

“ . . . What . . . ?”

Watari held the desk, his knuckles going white. The sheer drive in adrenaline to launch himself across the room and fight her was to fight against his own resolve to hold a civil conversation. If she wanted to fight ? Let her, she can defend herself. But you want to fight her don’t you Watari? You want to break her bones and find out how loud she screams.

“Then we’ll be in alliance as agreed, I know I can trust you” force the words out one at a time, that’s good Watari, that’s good. Yes, and the marriage? Insignificant, at least you got what you wanted. You can confirm she is indeed loyal to your cause. You are both on the same page. Did that even sound human?? Hey it probably did right right.

SEE THOSE BRUISES? WE DID THAT. WE CAN DO THAT AGAIN. ALL OVER.

Impulses flooded his heartbeats. Each beat of his heart that desire to attack grew stronger and stronger still. It was as if just Yuki controlling herself and not attacking him was offending every fibre of his being.

“You should go” Watari smiled, his feet firmly rooted to the ground. Don’t you do it. Don’t you dare do it! You were making a statement here, you didn’t take great delight in death remember? You hate it, remember the pain Watari, remember the suffering.

It was all sounding so mechanical.

But she should go. Be let go. Why was he so focused on this damnable marriage? It was a technique to provoke anyway and he had achieved his ultimate goal of gaining her absolutely trust - he was sure of that now.
Bill
Bill
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuki Kameko Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:08 am

Good. It appears he's dropped the marriage thing. At least for the time being. Who knows how long that will last.

Watari had gone pretty quiet. She studied him closely. What was his deal? Something was happening. Perhaps he was upset.

Wait. Just like that? Well. I'm not going to say no.

With a single nod she stood to her feet, hands smoothing out the lap of her kimono. Then she lowered her head. It was good to be respectful, especially when such respect was earned. Besides, they were going to be working together now.

"Thank you for hearing me out, and thank you for treating me well. Please give Miss Rei my thanks. She is a good person. I look forward to seeing you and the others at my estate."

Yuki straightened her posture and started to turn when she stopped. Right.

"Oh. My zanpakuto?"
Yuki Kameko
Yuki Kameko

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:20 am

“In your life there are two people, there is the person you want to be and the person you are. So what are you Watari Suzumei, are you a monster of man? Or do you just want justice?” Titus had asked him that hours before the noble meeting. He wasn’t quite sure what the old butler had meant at the time, often he was tossed select tidbits of wisdom and he just had to find out what they meant later.

Like a coiled spring, Watari’s fingers dug into the wood of the desk and visibility cracked the fine lacquer as he stared almost distantly at Yuki. Death and Strawberries? This was some sort of shitty ironic joke that was far beyond Watari’s grasping. Come to think of it. The world seemed so far away.

“It’s in a hidden compartment above your bed, you’ll need to find somebody to guide you there. I'm afraid I’m currently indisposed” Watari tilted his head, there was only one possibly way out wasn’t there Bezaliel? He slowly raised his right hand and placed it on the scabbard, tossing it across the room out of their reach.

“May I ask you a favor? Please fight me, but not to the death”

It was then that Watari sprung from his chair across the room towards Yuki Kameko.
Bill
Bill
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuki Kameko Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:28 am

Yuki's red orb focused upon Watari's hand, ears twitching as she heard the wood crack. This sort of confirmed her earlier idea: Watari was very much like her. He was struggling against something.

Too similar. Is this why he wants me? Wait, really? It was above my bed the whole time?

Her tail uncoiled from her waist. The man tossed aside his zanpakuto, and yet he desired a fight? Hell, he didn't even wait for an answer. He just threw himself right at her! Of course going airborne like this was entirely to her advantage.

With a grin she stepped in, claws swiping outwards for Watari's hands, aiming to sweep them away while she smashed her head right up towards her foe's face! Why not start with a headbutt? It was a great way to establish who could outlast who!

"Acceptable!"
Yuki Kameko
Yuki Kameko

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:38 am

You know hindsight was a fifty fifty thing, so as Watari hurtled towards her and she swept his hands to the sides he committed to the headbutt. The pain was astounding but it shocked sense back into his body as his hands snapped to life and locked onto her wrists sending them both tumbling to the ground as the chair she was on snapped backwards from their combined weight and momentum.

For a moment Watari was on top of her, that heady strawberry smell filling his nostrils. Then the pain hit and his thoughts cleared, he was fighting and it was fun. Really the only two things that mattered in a situation like this.

His head rang, luckily his nose wasn’t busted as he had braced himself for it. But wow? A headbutt, the fighter in him would’ve just dove out of the way. Watari liked that, she was creative. “Great,” he said with a grin as the Shinigami corrected his footing and sought to stomp on her tail to stop it’s movement. There was the issue of four against five, but he would work that out as he went.

CHOKE HER.

CHOKE HER.

Being this close he could see the bruises.

No,

He would not choke her.
Bill
Bill
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuki Kameko Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:49 am

Ahahah! Yes! Fuck him up!

Her tail lifted, body braced, balanced as her head collided with the much larger man's face! It didn't really inflict that much damage to her, after all the top of the head was much harder. It also helped that she was hardier in general compared to most others.

The two went tumbling back, and while Yuki found herself on the bottom by the end of things she didn't entirely mind. In fact it actually helped. Being smaller meant she could work herself inside of the man's defenses. If she'd ended up on top, well, he might have an advantage then.

Had to do this with my kimono, huh? Damnit I hope he doesn't tear it.

Indeed, she wasn't well dressed for this sudden battle. Her legs were a slight bit restricted. At least the sash held the outfit closed for the time being. She didn't really wear much of anything beneath it.

Suddenly Yuki cringed, a sharp growl escaping as her poor tail was stomped upon! In retaliation her right knee shot up between the man's legs while he straddled her, aimed straight for Watari's crotch! Claws swiped up at his face, both hands slashing repeatedly, mostly to keep his guard high, but also to hopefully disrupt his field of vision. With any luck he wouldn't see the knee strike coming!
Yuki Kameko
Yuki Kameko

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:16 pm

A thought occurred to Watari during the rush of adrenaline and the excitement of actually fighting without fear of death. A small thought, a thoughty thought, the type of thought that was well - thoughty. This thought was a simple analysis of all that he was and the decision was simple “you aren’t very good at Hakuda are you?”. Note to self, get good. So as he blocked Yuki’s swipes with his arms and her knee came up to collide with his groin, Watari’s body snapped him flipping backwards off her and onto the ground before dropping into a half limp.

“Okay, okay, no tail, no tail” Watari had slight tears on the corners of his eyes, Jesus, okay, do not stomp the tail. Got it! Got it! A momentary adjustment to gather his thoughts and then he began to gather spiritual pressure around his arms. There was a time he’d like close combat, before he had dedicated himself to the blade. Punching was no different? Right?

It was then that his posture dropped, as if he was swaying in the wind slightly. His feet dragged but remained steady and then he swung a right punch directly at Yuki as he unsteadily tottered on his feet. Watari was remembering the lessons Titus had taught him to pass the Hakuda classes of the academy, the old art of the drunken dragon - it derived from the Kung-Fu Fighting Style of the “Drunken Fist” thought there were parts of the drunken dragon that deviated from that.

Bill
Bill
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuki Kameko Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:36 pm

With Watari moving away Yuki rolled back and to her feet! For a moment she lifted her tail, tracing her hands along the spot that had been stomped. There there. It was going to be okay.

Can't believe he did that. It was almost a smart move.

One hand crept over to her sash, tugging upon it with enough force to loosen her robes ever so slightly. She didn't want them damaged. Perhaps she should remove them completely? It would certainly give her more room for fighting.

Ah. Wait. I got it.

She turned away while the man recovered, removing her sash completely. While her tail took hold of the fabric she shrugged away her kimono, although she didn't allow it to fall to the ground. Instead she wrapped the garment around her waist to act as a makeshift skirt. Unfortunately her chest wraps had not been replaced, but she simply wrapped the sash around her torso. It was plenty enough to cover what it needed to cover.

Watari approached as she turned to him, the man's stumbling having been enough of a tell as to what style he was utilizing. His punch was redirected by her left arm, glanced aside as she stepped in towards him. A quick right jab was tossed towards the man's chest. For the moment she held her tail back, using it for balance in preparation for avoiding his counter attack.

Much better.
Yuki Kameko
Yuki Kameko

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:16 pm

The familiar actions coupled with the serene relaxation that accompanied the drunken dragon put Watari’s mind further at ease. It was as if the compulsion to murder Yuki was being channeled into something far more creative and for that he was thankful. There were outlets to the bizarre cravings, unfortunately it seemed that outlet was also associated with violence. Not very noble-like but he guessed he would just have to live with that reality.

Had she done something to her hair? No, she had just changed her outfit so that she could move more easier - clever girl. Watari himself felt restricted in his business clothes but atleast pants and a shirt offered more movement, his shirt itself was beginning to ride up and untuck itself but there were more pressing matters to attend to at this moment.

He felt the fire of the dragon and as spiritual pressure coupled with movements and body language, a very prominent smoke began to rise at the tip of his fingers. Not enough to channel the “dragon” but enough that he felt like he just needed to refine the channelling just a tiny bit. It would take time, but if this was his outlet, he would use it.

A weave to mirror her blow with his left arm, to block the punch as it struck his forearm. He was never good at swipes and counter swipes, what was the point? Just take the blow and fight on right through it. He was a wall - an immovable dizzy fortress.

But the block was all he needed as he stumbled with it. The brawler converted the momentum and it gave him time to move in so he could with his recovering right arm direct another jab at her sternum. Pain flashed across his face as Yuki’s old sword wound reminded him of the damage he previously sustained fighting her.
Bill
Bill
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuki Kameko Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:32 pm

Against another person she might have been worried about the smoke forming at Watari's fingers. However his dirty little habit obscured any knowledge of such a thing. No, right now she was focused upon the fight at hand. After all Watari was almost her equal.

The impact of her fist against the man's blocking arm was telling. It had been a simple jab, but she could feel just the slightest bit of give. She had the strength advantage. And as she shifted her left foot back and turned her body to the side she confirmed to herself that she was quicker. Only a near miss from Watari's right jab, yes. The breeze of Watari's passing hand was felt across the exposed skin of her torso. But here too she could win the day.

That left three important factors. Who could better weather the storm? Only time would tell. Who was more skilled? In all honesty she believed that they were at a standstill in those regards. Finally, who was more flexible? Not just physically, although she believed that might also be to her advantage, but strategically?

Her tail was the answer to that question. She utilized it like a third limb, had trained it for combat. Balance was one of the most important things it provided, but it could be used as a weapon. And use it she would!

Yuki pulled her right fist back after the failed jab, left hand swiping wide. She aimed to rake her razor sharp claws along Watari's extended right arm, but also to end her strike up towards his face. If the attack failed, well, that was perfectly acceptable, for the whole thing was one big diversion for her tail. While Watari hopefully focused upon her hands she allowed her tail to creep forth, doing its best to coil around the man's leading leg in an attempt to entrap it!
Yuki Kameko
Yuki Kameko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum