Bleach Sakura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One with the Silence

Go down

One with the Silence Empty One with the Silence

Post by Reika Suzumei Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:11 pm

Silence.

Soft shadows grew long as the sun set on Karakura. The town seemed quiet as snow softly drifted across the skies - it was as if the world stood still in awe of the purifying snow that fell from the heavens above. The only sound that seemed to ring out was Reika’s heartbeat.

In silence she sat inside an abandoned building, her legs drawn to her chest, her arms wrapped around her legs as she rested her chin on her knees. The young woman’s thoughts raced back and forth through her mind about what had just happened. Her meeting with Yuki had left her reeling, her emotions swirling around.

The young shinigami didn’t know what to do - what to think.

Coming to the human world was meant to bring an end to all the challenges, all tribulations that came to her. It was supposed to be the end all to be all; the answer to all her questions. Yet now she stood in the twilight of it all, unable to walk bravely into the night with her head held high.

No. Now she was left more and more confused.

Asking Yuki that single question only yielded more and more confusion. Reika sobbed silently into her shihakusho, her heart feeling as if it were about to burst. Why would Yuki lie when she had always been there? Why would Watari do the same?

Both of them had shown their kindness - their own version of love. Both had pushed her to be something more. Challenged her for greatness! Emotion stirred hard as the wind softly roared through broken windows, the chill causing goosebumps to rise on the young woman’s skin as she looked up.

Boreas stood before her, silently gazing down at Reika with those cold emerald eyes.

“Hey.” She managed to choke through the tears, her voice cracking harshly.

“Hello, pup.” he crooned as he crouched before her, his eyes locking into her aquamarine eyes.

“Come to scold me again for being pathetic again?” She sniffled softly as she wiped away the tears from her face with the sleeve of her shihakusho. For once Boreas smiled softly and simply shook his head.

“No. No. I’ve actually come to say I understand.”

“Huh?” Reika looked up at the spirit, completely at a loss for words. The spirit had always chastised her for being emotional, for not taking control of the situation - for not fighting.

“The world is constantly changing." His gravelly voice rang as he stood up, moving to the young woman’s side before taking a seat on the ground to her right. It wasn’t like him, to lower himself to her level, let alone act like anyone else. Boreas always had this haughty aura around him. For him to act like this, it was beyond odd.

“It’s like the wind - changing constantly. Swirling about due to this or that.” He turned his head and looked at Reika. “But nothing can stop it… Just like nothing can stop you.” The spirit placed his left hand on the back of her shoulder and gave the young woman a gentle pat.

“I…” Reika buried her head into her arms. Here Boreas was, trying to make a nice gesture, showing that he believed in her. But all she wanted was to crawl into the shadows and hide away until the void took her from this world.

“You’re confused.” The words came as an echoing whisper across the room as the spirit looked to the fading sun that lingered in the broken windows of the building they were in. “I understand. On one hand, you’ve got a friend who always seemed to be there for you in the short time you’ve known each other. On the other, a brother who took you in when you were fighting the powers that be to become stronger. It’s hard. But, the blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb. The bonds that you’ve made by choice are more important than the people that you are bound to by the water of the womb.”

“I want to see her again.” Reika’s voice came muffled as she spoke into her arms. “One last time.”

Boreas chuckled softly, “Then go to Yuki. Talk to her, clash blades - whatever it takes. Sing the song from your heart that only warriors know. I’ll be with you the entire way.”

Reika looked up to say something to the man only to find herself alone as the wind howled through the windows.

He was right. She had to see Yuki one more time. The truth had to be known - laid bare like an open wound to be healed. “I will.” The redhead said softly as she stood with her blade in hand. It was time to hear the truth, no matter how hard it was. She had to believe - she had to know.

//End
Reika Suzumei
Reika Suzumei

Yuki Kameko likes this post

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum