Bleach Sakura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mettle Exam [Closed - Reika/Yuki]

3 posters

Go down

Mettle Exam [Closed - Reika/Yuki] Empty Mettle Exam [Closed - Reika/Yuki]

Post by Yuudai Oshiro Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:53 am

Yuudai placed down the large box he was carrying at the back of the arena, making sure it was a safe distance from where he and his opponent would be sparring. He didn’t want his precious cake and tea destroyed. This may be an official match set up by Reika to test his skills, but his post fight tea and cake were practically an essential ritual for him now, hopefully she could understand that. If not, bribing her with the cake and tea may work too.

The shinigami turned and entered the fighting area, taking a deep breath preparing himself for the coming trial. He could barely contain his excitement at the thought of facing a strong opponent. A true test of his mettle.

‘Calm yourself. Save your emotions for those that deserve them. Use them to fuel your growth, not your strikes.’
‘You’ve been awfully talkative recently. The Quincy thing bothering you that much?’
‘The Quincy and peace are mutually exclusive. I know which one I want to last. Do you?’

Yuudai was quite offended by Yogan's inference but maintained his calm for the moment.

‘Sometimes I think I preferred it when you were silent. Now, don’t you think we should prepare for the immediate challenge? To help us prepare for the later one?’

His questions were met with only a slight chuckle, the same as things used to be. At least he wouldn’t be distracted while he waited for his opponent.
Yuudai Oshiro
Yuudai Oshiro

Yuki Kameko, Zenji Hatayama and Reika Suzumei like this post

Back to top Go down

Mettle Exam [Closed - Reika/Yuki] Empty Re: Mettle Exam [Closed - Reika/Yuki]

Post by Yuki Kameko Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:27 am

Katsumi is powerful. I doubt I could do much even if I managed to land a hit. Still, it is good to match a face with the voice.

It had been a week since she had managed to finally delve within the inner world which housed what she assumed to be the twin spirits residing within her soul. Her zanpakuto. Kokoro and Katsumi. Peace and war. Or perhaps something else? Either way it was always Katsumi who tried to fight her when she visited. She had yet to even land a hit despite the beast's size.

If it is within my soul then why can't I move more quickly?

She had attempted four more trips since and each had ended in a horrific mauling. As kind as she was Kokoro also refused to lend any assistance. Fighting Katsumi was mentally and spiritually exhausting. Yuki had decided to take a break. Even she deserved those once in a while.

Today she had managed to find herself within the halls of the 3rd Division. Reika had requested her assistance with the training of a younger Shinigami. How could she say no to her friend? This was exactly the sort of thing that friends did for one another. Probably. Besides, a proper fight was just what she needed to take her mind off of her inner struggles.

I ask that neither of you interfere today. Please allow me to go with peace.

Truth be told she was surprised that the 3rd Division even had a proper fighting arena. As she finally arrived she allowed her gaze to wander. It wasn't terribly set up either. Simple. Clean. A large open space meant probably for the spells they enjoyed slinging. Not much room for bystanders. It felt a little more formal than what she was used to, but then that was on par for the Kido Corps.

Not bad.

There was no sign of Reika. Was she running late? No, Yuki was probably just early. There was another present. A tall male Shinigami. Was this her student today? She made her way forth into the arena, left hand settled calmly upon the pommel of her zanpakuto. Upon nearing the man she came to a stop and lowered her head in a slight bow. Her red orb remained set upon his face.

"Hello. I am Yuki of the Kameko Clan. I have come at the behest of Reika."

Why do I smell sweets?
Yuki Kameko
Yuki Kameko

Zenji Hatayama and Reika Suzumei like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Reika Suzumei Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:44 pm

“Okay. Deep breathes.” Reika found herself trying to calm down. Taking deep breaths as she smoothed down the front of her uniform. She was the Fifth Seat of the Third, a leader among the people below her, and the defender of the Rukongai. There was no need for her to feel like this. Yet her nerves seemed to be lit on fire at the thought of having to test the mettle of her newest subordinate: Yuddai Oshiro.

He was going to be the leader of the Second Rukongai Response Team. He had to be up to snuff if he was going to actually be any use to her and to protect the innocent souls of the Rukongai. For crying out loud, she had family out there. They were important to her after all.

Yet looking over the dossier of Yuudai Oshiro, she could help but notice his background. He had joined the Sixth Division as a simple recruit, yet performed well enough that he caught the eye of Zenji Hatayama and he was swiftly adopted into his family. It was unsettling that now she was in charge of Zenji’s family member, the man who put her in her current role. Still, she had to put all that aside.

Instead of testing the man out himself, Reika had a better idea. Why not have one of the fiercest fighters she knows test out the newest seated officer? Yuki was one of the greatest, if not best Zanpakuto users she had ever seen, next to that bastard Watari. It was the perfect chance to call upon her friend. Plus, Yuki would never turn down the chance to have a fun little spar.

Hope she kills him. Reika couldn’t help but roll her eyes at her spirit’s remarks.

Calm down, old man. The redhead chastised Boreas as she entered the arena, spotting who she assumed to be Yuudai, at least according to the file, and Yuki.

Only the best need to serve under you. If he can’t handle the pup, then there’s no need for the boy.

The Fifth Seat ignored the spirit as she came into the sight of the two. She flashed a giddy smile to Yuki and gave her a small wave before heading to Yuudai. Her features seemed to turn stern as she looked up to the man who towered over her by more than a good foot. Placing her hands on her hips, she cracked her stern visage with a smirk, “Yuudai Oshiro, I presume. "I’m Reika, Fifth Seat of the Third, your commanding officer. A pleasure to meet you!” Her words came warmly.

“I’ve invited you here today to see what you’re made of. You’ll be facing a good friend of mine, Yuki Kameko. Don’t let her size fool you though. She’ll push you to the brink.” Reika couldn’t help but look over to Yuki with a big grin as if almost thanking her for coming today. “If you do well enough, drinks will be on me. If not, well, let’s hope your salary can keep up with me and Yuki.”

She couldn’t help but tease the large man, her facade of being a stern leader completely falling to the wayside as her true personality shine through. The little shinigami slapped the man on the back. “Go on, show me what you’re worth!” With that, she stepped aside so the pair could begin sparring. The excitement seemed to leap in the young shinigami’s heart - she was more than ready for a good fight.

Last edited by Reika Suzumei on Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reika Suzumei
Reika Suzumei

Yuki Kameko and Zenji Hatayama like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuudai Oshiro Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:26 am

Yuudai saw a small shinigami enter the arena as he turned away from his desert box. She looked around at the arena as if she’d never been here before but she didn't act as if she was lost. Perhaps this was Reika? Or the friend he’d be fighting with? His question was quickly answered when the woman spoke, “I am Yuudai Oshiro. I had figured Reika had brought me here to test my abilities, perhaps we are to spar?” He quickly looked over Yuki, keeping his warm smile and bowing his head slightly as he did. She definitely had more reiatsu than he did, but he couldn’t accurately say how much more. This could be fun. “Should that be the case, I have brought some tea and cake should you wish to share in it afterwards. A bit of a ritual of mine after training.”

The pair were not alone too long as the actual Reika join them and introduced herself, “Yuudai Oshiro, Seventh of the Fifth.” He smiled as she explained why they were at the arena, “Free drinks you say? I do have somewhere to be immediately after this, but I can join you both this evening for some merriment.” His smile widened, trying to be as friendly as possible to his new commander and her friend.

It seemed Reika didn’t like to waste time and wanted the fight to begin quickly. Yuudai was only too happy to oblige. As soon as the woman's hand lifted from his back, he used Hoho to rush to Yuki’s left side. As he landed he immediately drew his Zanpakuto and slashed horizontally at his waist height. As his sword sliced through the air he could feel his smile twist and widen. No longer a warm and welcoming feature, now it showed his love for combat and did nothing to hide his excitement at the coming exchange.
Yuudai Oshiro
Yuudai Oshiro

Yuki Kameko and Reika Suzumei like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuki Kameko Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:01 pm

Yuudai Oshiro. Oshiro-sama by the look of things. She was stronger. This she could tell. However he was seated and Yuki had yet to manage that herself. There wasn't any point in it. She didn't wish to remove the Lieutenant, as he was the son of her Captain, a man she respected. However the Lieutenant didn't like her. None of the seated nobility did. Being seated beneath that man would only put a target upon her back. In any case, Oshiro-sama would work.

"It is nice to meet you Oshiro-sama. I believe you are correct in your assumption."

There was little else Yuki could assist with. She was terrible when it came to the Demon Arts. Hunting she could do. Fighting she excelled at. Reika would know this. Perhaps if they were in the Human realm she could teach him how to properly hunt.

Ears perked up at the mention of tea and cake. So that was what she'd detected! It was a good idea. Regain lost stamina following a fight. One could go over the details of a fight while enjoying said treats. Establish stronger bonds. Perhaps she would need to look into doing the same following her sparring sessions. Maybe people would like her more.

"That sounds pleasant."

Her attention shifted towards Reika as she arrived. While she didn't smile her tail did begin to wag a little behind her. A hand also raised to return the wave! She was always happy to see her friend. Instantly her mood improved. Not only was she going to spar, and not only was she going to help Reika, and not only was she going to enjoy tea and cake, but Reika was here to observe and, perhaps, to join them afterwards! It also appeared as though Kokoro was keeping Katsumi in check.

She called me a good friend! A very lovely day. Drinks later too. Fun!

Her left ear twitched as the air at her side became disturbed by a new mass. The fight, it appeared, had begun! Fingers curled around the bottom of her weapon's hilt, drawing it upwards. In the same motion her tail swung to her left, curled around the bottom of her sheathe, and pulled it away, assisting with the rapid draw of her own zanpakuto. Eyes closed.

As steel made impact with steel Yuki's weapon held steady, not budging even in the slightest as she tested the man's strength. Oh yes. She would definitely need to hold back. But this was fine. It gave her an opportunity to work on blind fighting, to hone her other senses further. That should be good enough.

"You can mend wounds, Reika?" the little wolf casually inquired. Already spun her zanpakuto to face the tip towards Oshiro, leveled her blade out, and allowed her left leg to slide closer towards Oshiro. Her body lowered slightly and twisted slightly to the left, right palm settling against the pommel of her weapon to offer additional support. In a blur she struck, stabbing straight for where she believed Oshiro to be. Drawing blood was the first step. With that she could track him more easily.
Yuki Kameko
Yuki Kameko

Reika Suzumei and Yuudai Oshiro like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Reika Suzumei Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:36 am

The large lad introduced himself as Yuudai Oshiro - great, she hadn’t gotten that wrong. That was one less thing on her mind. But something caught her off guard as he said he was the ‘Seventh of the Fifth’. Reika had to stop herself from giggling. It seemed like she wasn’t the only one that was fighting against nerves. That was rather reassuring in her heart to know that she wasn’t the only one scared. After all, it was his first real test and her first time commanding another seated officer.

The redhead smiled as Yuudai perked up at the mention of drinks. That seemed to cause the young shinigami to perk up with interest. The carrot had been dangled in front of him - Reika was more than interested in seeing if it was enough to draw the cart and cause the lad to fight with some renewed ferocity. Alas, he said he had somewhere to be right after this little bout with Yuki, which reminded her about Zenji’s challenge. That didn’t matter, right now was a spar between a friend and a new colleague. She couldn’t help but clap her hands in a bit of excitement.

Yet as she did, Yuudai lunged forward, to strike at little Yuki. It certainly was surprising, perhaps his tactic would work against the small Shinigami - Reika doubted it though. The lass sauntered off the sparring field to watch with some renewed interest as Yuki asked casually in mid-fight if she could ‘mend wounds’. To which Reika sheepishly smiled.

She had gotten her position not based on her strength with Kido, but on her strength at combat. It was a nagging thought on the back of her mind - something that she had to get better at if she was going to continue being a seated officer, to advance in the Gotei. She had Zenji, but he was increasingly becoming more and more alien to her since he was busy with his duties as an officer and leader of his own noble clan. The world seemed a bit more lonely without the kind shinigami’s words.

Reika couldn’t help but sigh at the thought of losing a friend to work. But hey, she still had Yuki. The wolf pup always seemed to be at her side at a moment's notice. It was rather reassuring to have a friend like her at Reika’s side. “I can do the basics… thankfully we’re at the Kido Corp to do the rest!” the lass couldn’t help but giggle. “Now show the newbie how it’s done, Yuki!”
Reika Suzumei
Reika Suzumei

Yuki Kameko likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuudai Oshiro Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:20 pm

Yuudai was taken by surprise when Yuki so easily blocked his strike. He knew not to judge someone's strength just by looking at them, but there was zero give when their blades collided. This made it immediately clear that there was almost no way he could win a fair fight against this tiny opponent. Then in a flash her blade was directed at him and flying forward, she was pretty fast too. The man raised his blade in an attempt to deflect it, however her strength resisted his, instead causing the man to move to the side rather than her blade. The result was the same, her blade narrowly missing his left arm but cutting through the edge of his sleeve.

For an instant he glanced down at the sleeve, deciding if it would cause him trouble going forward. The damage wasn’t too bad, so it would be fine to leave for now. When he looked back to meet eyes with Yuki he was surprised to see she had her eye closed, she was going easy on him was she? Well, might as well try to take advantage of that. “Pad the floor, soften your shoe…” Yuudai took a small jump back away from Yuki, “... Ashi o komoru.” A small flash of reiatsu emanated from his feet before dimming to a slight glow.

Yuudai wasn’t too confident in bakudo, though he knew it would quieten his steps, he was unsure if Yuki’s fluffy ears were sensitive enough to be unaffected by his inadequacy. Only one way to find out. The man turned and ran around the left side of his opponent, not striking yet, only observing her to see if she reacted his muffled steps.
Yuudai Oshiro
Yuudai Oshiro

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuki Kameko Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:43 pm

"The basics? That will suffice."

Indeed, Reika had a point: they were already positioned at one of the best places for medical treatment. She could let loose a little if she wanted! Despite her lack of pride some part of her did want to show off for Reika. Of course that probably meant holding back too if she wanted to make a better display of things. Also, she wasn't here to show off. This was to train Yuudai. No, holding back was fine. Besides, blind fighting was impressive enough, right?

Right. Yes. Focus.

No blood was drawn. That would have been immediately clear if it had been the case. She did make contact however. Clothes, probably. A close call. The man started to speak and hopped away. Yuki did not sit idly by. Already she moved across the floor, keeping low with blade drawn in close.

Muffling his footsteps wasn't a bad idea. However Yuki knew well enough to listen for other signs. Breathing, for example. The friction of the air against loose clothing. She could use scent as well, although without drawn blood it wasn't going to be quite as accurate. A heart beat, should her opponent be unnerved enough.

She came to a sudden halt when the man did not touch down. At least, the sound of his feet hitting the ground did not appear. He had muffled it enough. The little Shinigami waited, tip of her blade pointed towards the ceiling. Ears twitched occasionally, tilting here and there. When he moved to her side she actually did manage to get somewhat of a location, however she did not react.

For the moment she feigned ignorance. The trap was set. Would he approach? Did he know?
Yuki Kameko
Yuki Kameko

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuudai Oshiro Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:00 pm

Yuudai watched the ears twitch in all directions, their owner standing perfectly still. Not even moving her head slightly, something was off. Was she pretending she hadn’t heard him? Was it a trap? Or had she never been taught how to listen to silence? In any case she was granting him openings to strike, whether she meant to or not, and he was not going to waste them.

The shinigami came to a stop directly behind his opponent. He dispelled his quietened steps and paused, there didn’t seem to be a reaction, maybe she really didn’t know where he was. The time to strike had come, but cautiously, he wouldn’t be giving away free hits. He shuffled his feet forward a step before lunging backwards pointing his left hand at Yuki’s back, “Byakurai!”
Yuudai Oshiro
Yuudai Oshiro

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuki Kameko Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:17 pm

Behind. Of course.

She couldn't really blame him for the choice. While obvious, it presented the most dangerous target for any defender. Turning around to face an attacker took more time. Was she quick enough? Probably. Still, why risk it?

Yuudai's mistake was stopping. That slight pause was enough to expose him. The sudden halting of his movements displaced loose clothes. More importantly, it signaled to her that an attack was coming. As soon as this occurred the little Shinigami leaped backwards, lowering her body further. Her tail, still gripping upon the sheathe of her weapon, extended back both to offer more balance and to seek out her foe's position.

At the same time Yuki twisted her blade in hand to point the weapon towards the ground. Then she jabbed it straight back! Not turning her body would save her precious moments. A straight stab backwards under her arm would hopefully be enough to draw blood. More importantly it was aimed low for a leg. Slowing him would help.

The mention of Byakurai was troubling. Was Yuki skilled with utilizing Kido? No. Not at all. But she had studied it thoroughly in her attempts to learn. She knew what was coming. Worse still, he'd taken another leap back. Making contact was going to be less likely. It'd also cleared up space enough for his attack.

Teeth grit together as the beam of energy impacted against her upper right shoulder. It was close to hitting her neck! The attack was certainly powerful enough to tear away her robes at the site of impact. What was left behind was a very red burn. Despite her appearances Yuki was very, very tough.

Ow. Going to need to get that stitched up.
Yuki Kameko
Yuki Kameko

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuudai Oshiro Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:45 pm

Yuudai’s constant grin only widened when he saw the small shinigami strike in reverse. A good idea, and it would have meant the end of him if he hadn’t predicted a trap. At least now he knew she had some experience and wasn’t quite as dopey as she looked. His grin faltered, however, when his attack landed and she didn’t even slow down. She was gliding through the air slightly quicker than he was, her blade aimed low for his leg, perhaps?

There was no way for him to dodge the attack, all he could do was damage control. As soon as his feet touched the ground he braced himself. The shinigami swung his sword in an arc below his waist from left to right, it wouldn’t completely stop the attack, but it would hold it away from vitals.

Yuudai held his left hand forward once again, ready to lay on the person when their sword sliced his leg. “Strip the flesh, Salt the wound, tekinishiowookuru!” It was not a great Kido, but being able to multiply the pain and suffering of an existing wound was helpful. Unfortunately it required an already existing injury and Yuudai wasn’t quite skilled to use it at range yet, he had to make contact for it to work.
Yuudai Oshiro
Yuudai Oshiro

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuki Kameko Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:04 pm

There it was! Blood was drawn! She felt the blade slide across flesh. Yuudai's scent grew heavier, reinforcing within her mind a solid hit. Then she felt his hand grasp against her body. That she had not expected. No, moving away from her, especially when he could utilize Kido, would have been her choice. Making contact was a death sentence.

Mistake.

She cringed, growling lowly as energy coursed through her body, focused primarily upon the wound she'd already suffered! However it did little to slow her down. Pain was something she was used to. Suffering horrendous injuries was a constant affair for the huntress.

Yuki twisted in place to face her foe, the blade now pressed outwards in a cleave towards the man's midsection. Not a fully powered swing in case she did hit, but a distraction. Any sensible person would move to block it. The thing was, he only had one sword. She had multiple weapons.

At the same time her tail also lashed out with her sheathe in a lower horizontal cleave. Unlike her zanpakuto, this weapon was swung at full power. A test of his durability. Hopefully it wouldn't kill him if it made impact. A snapped bone could be fixed.
Yuki Kameko
Yuki Kameko

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuudai Oshiro Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:25 pm

Yuudai grinned maniacally as the blade sliced through his leg, it had been a long time since he fought someone actually worth fighting, even if she was way out of his league. For now anyway. The womans blade turns and began it path towards him, as he raised his own to block he noticed her tail swing the sheathe at him. Clever, he’d actually forgotten about her tail.

He curled his left arm and braced for the impact. He managed to lessen both blows, but stop neither entirely. Yuki truly was out of his league, maybe she’d agree to be proper sparring partners going forward? Well, after he gave her a test of his own. She clearly relied on her senses to be accurate, but how much did she trust them? Could he surprise her? Shake her? Even for an instant? Time to find out.

Yuudai panted heavily from the massive blows he just received, but still managed to lock eyes with Yuki. His grin grew truly maniacal as he let out a small chuckle and began to flair his reiastu before shouting in the poor girls face, “BANKAI!”
Yuudai Oshiro
Yuudai Oshiro

Yuki Kameko, Zenji Hatayama and Reika Suzumei like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuki Kameko Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:37 pm

There was no crunching of bone that she could hear. That was probably for the best. It meant they got to keep going! Nor was her blade entirely unsuccessful either. Another cut inflicted upon her opponent. Primarily halted, of course. It was a good thing she'd held back there.

Yuudai's breathing had grown more labored. He was having difficulties, but that was to be expected. What had not been expected, however, was his next move. There was no retreat. No counter attack. Instead the man's reiatsu seemed to flare outwards.

Bankai?

Oh how desperately she wished to open her eye! She wanted to see! But she wasn't about to stall her offensive either. No, if anything she pressed in close as her tail twisted the sheathe around, aiming a powerful slap of the weapon straight up towards the man's face! All she had to do was follow the sound of his voice and, failing that, his breathing. If he was going to present such an obvious target then she was going to capitalize upon it.

In the same move her blade was also spun in hand, primarily to readjust her grip into a reverse grip, but also to slice at her foe's feet! She didn't want him moving too far away, regardless of whether or not he could utilize his zanpakuto to its fullest. Of course she doubted it, given the apparent lack of a shikai. Still, she wasn't going to take chances either. Could one interrupt the summoning of a Bankai? Truth be told she had no idea. But if it was possible then she was going to make that attempt!

Oh I really do hope he has one.
Yuki Kameko
Yuki Kameko

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuudai Oshiro Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:52 pm

Yuudai’s smile returned to the warm and welcoming version he had greeted Yuki with. She had not flinched even slightly, it seemed she was even trying to turn the tables. He felt kind of bad to disappoint her but he had already suffered more injuries than he had planned and he couldn’t risk being incapacitated before Zenji’s fight. This fight was over for now, but he hoped he could convince Yuki to join him in the forest as often as possible.

He couldn’t think of a proper way to entirely avoid the strike heading this way, so he decided to simply try to disrupt the girl’s aim. The man leaned forward more and more until his balance went from under him and he fell forwards towards his opponent, “I yield. You win.” He made no effort to catch himself as any attempt to do so would probably only end up with her hitting him accidentally and doing some real damage.
Yuudai Oshiro
Yuudai Oshiro

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuki Kameko Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:09 am

As it turned out her sheathe managed to make impact sooner than expected. Meanwhile her blade had missed its target. It didn't feel as though she'd hit his head. In fact he'd even managed to speak!

Huh?

Suddenly the man's chest was in her face. Her tail, currently out of place, was unable to assist her with balance. Instead she jammed the end of both her blade and the sheathe into the ground behind herself, bracing with her strength in order to remain upright. Her free hand swiftly grasped at the taller Shinigami's robes in order to push him back up to his feet.

"Very well" she replied softly, eye finally opening again to look upon the injuries she'd delivered. Then she glanced towards her shoulder. Thankfully it was on the same side her eye was located. It didn't look too bad. Much of her shoulder was exposed now too. Not much else. Besides, she wore bandages over her torso. All was safe.

Once they were both settled properly in place Yuki sheathed her zanpakuto and settled it in its proper place at her left side. Then she released her grip, head lowering slightly. "Thank you for the spar Oshiro-sama. It was enjoyable."

Her attention then turned towards Reika. With tail wagging softly she flashed her friend a thumbs up!

Could probably use a shoulder massage after that.
Yuki Kameko
Yuki Kameko

Back to top Go down

Post by Reika Suzumei Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:03 pm

The young redhead watched in awe as the two began their fight. She could instantly see the difference in power, yet she could still see Yuudai trying with all his might. It was perfect. She’d be able to see what he’d be capable of against a stronger opponent such as Yuki. Despite the little shinigami’s size, she packed a powerhouse of moves. It really was perfect.

With quick moves and sudden use of Kido, Reika was more than impressed by Yuudai against the little wolf. Sure, Yuki was strong, sure she had knowledge of combat, but Yuudai was quick with improvising against his opponent. That was key to survival in a life or death situation. The 5th seat couldn’t help but clap her hands together as the young man used Kido to muffle his steps and try to get the upper hand on Yuki.

Yet it ultimately culminated in him calling out Bankai. Even Reika was deceived by the tactic as she found herself almost standing on her tiptoes, watching, waiting for the ultimate release of his blade. Nothing came from it as a soft sigh of relief escaped her lips. Yuudai forfeit - the match finally done.

Relief seemed to wash over the redhead. None of them were injured too badly, just a few scratches here and there. Nothing to worry about for sure. At least Zenji wouldn’t chastise her when both she and Yuudai showed up to his challenge. “Good job!” She chimed in cheerfully as she walked onto the battlefield.

Soft steps followed Reika as she walked before Yuudai, giving him a small bow of thanks. “You did so wonderfully against Yuki!” Her voice seemed to sing praise as she beamed a smile at him. “I don’t think I could’ve done any better myself!” The youth turned to Yuki, giving her dear friend a bow as thanks for helping her out.

“Wonderful job, friend. Your moves were outstanding!” Once again she beamed her cheerful radiance to her friend. With that, she raised her hands above her head and pulled them both down in an arm-pumping motion, both fists clenched as if celebrating a victory. “With that, drinks are on me tonight after Zenji’s challenge!”

Celebrations had to wait - she had to support her friend Zenji in his challenge. But the fight left a renewed vigor in the redhead. In all things, she knew she had to become stronger. There was no chance in the nine hells that Reika would be able to face Yuki in a fair fight. Not unless she caught her from behind and unaware. There’d be zero chance for that to ever happen. Even then, it’d be a chance worth taking to even the playing field between them.
Reika Suzumei
Reika Suzumei

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuudai Oshiro Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:22 am

Yuudai smiled at little Yuki as she caught him and he reclaimed his footing, “Thank you too Little Yuki. You were most impressive in both strength and prowess. Despite our, quite frankly, extreme power difference you held back enough to not kill me while still offering a challenge, you didn’t even flinch when I tried to surprise you with a Bankai and you caught me when I dropped at the end. All very admirable actions that indicate you have just the right traits I would want in a long term sparring partner. Should you be interesting in such a thing.” The man beamed a warm smile at the woman, “Of course there will be tea and cake too. Should that sway your decision any.”

The shinigami straightened to his full height and stretched all his limbs, each of them groining in various amounts of pain and damage. As Reika approached the pair, Yuudai cupped both his hands over his mouth and muttered something so quiet even Yuki’s ears could make it out. When he stopped his wounds began to steam and then very slowly close up. When he moved his hands his face was clearly one of discomfort.

Yuudai bowed his head at Reika’s compliments, “Thank you Commander, I am glad you were impressed, and I do look forward to getting to know you, both of you, more over drinks later. However, until then, it’s ritual time. You are both welcome to join me.” He gestured to the large box to the edge of the arena before walking over to it.

Sitting down next to the box he carefully un folded the edges to reveal a multi-layered silver stand. The top had a tea pot, the centre a set of cups and the bottom a very delicious looking cake, already sliced. He held his hand to the side of the pot, “Hakka.” a flame burst to life just underneath it. Yuudai looked up to the two, “The warm tea helps soothe your muscles and the cake will help replenish spent energy. Both are quite delicious, I assure you. Come, sit, help yourselves. I will tend your shoulder too if you wish Yuki.”
Yuudai Oshiro
Yuudai Oshiro

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuki Kameko Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:42 am

As Reika approached the little wolf's tail began to swat once more at the air behind her. Heat lifted to her cheeks as a barrage of compliments were heaped upon her from the both of them. She lowered her head in gratitude towards her friend. Then she returned her attention to Yuudai. "You did quite well Oshiro-sama. Utilizing your Kido more against a close quarters combatant will help you in the future. Aim for the limbs, especially the legs."

There really wasn't much more for her to offer. If he had been facing someone of equal level Yuudai probably would have won. In any case she turned towards Reika and nodded excitedly. Drinks on Reika! Literally? Unlikely. Although she did wonder how that might affect the taste.

"I would not mind assisting either of you with sparring sessions in the future." Especially not if those ended in tea and cake! And drinks! Perhaps the outdoor baths if they were held at her estate, although there was not as much room there for it. A shame, really. It really helped with soothing muscles.

Following the man over Yuki settled down upon her knees, hands smoothing out the front of her robes. The offer of a shoulder repair was met with a single nod. "I would appreciate that. Thank you." The bath would help, but against raw wounds? That would sting. Fixing them up first would help her to relax later. As for her robes, well, she knew Rei could fix that.

She sniffed at the air, taking in the delicious scents. Cake and tea. A lovely combination! "If you two would like to stop by the estate later then perhaps we can enjoy the baths there while we drink." Why not, after all? They could do both! Maybe she could invite Zenji too after his fight. In fact it gave her a splendid idea for a party! A bath party! Did people hold bath parties? She honestly didn't know.

I'll have to consider throwing one someday.
Yuki Kameko
Yuki Kameko

Back to top Go down

Post by Reika Suzumei Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:15 pm

Reika couldn’t help but be impressed with Yuudai’s skill at Kaidō, yet she could feel the ire growing in her heart. Great, her newest subordinate was already way ahead of her in the healing arts. How was she going to become any better at Kido without someone helping her out? Zenji, bless his heart, had made a schedule for the both of them to start training, but it seemed like the stars just weren't aligning at all for that to happen. The pair had been too busy to really even catch each other in passing.

Her chagrin was slowly pushed aside when she saw little Yuki’s tail wagging. In an instant, a smile was brought to her face as she rolled her eyes. That tail always betrayed the shinigami and showed her true emotions. “No need to thank me,” Reika said softly as she looked at Yuudai, carrying that smile Yuki had caused. “I can’t wait to work with you. Maybe we’ll be able to train together too. We’ll be seeing a lot more of each other, especially out making rounds in the Rukongai. The districts will be a safer place with the two of us out there.”

Look at you being nice.

Thanks, old man.

Reika joined the two over at the little tea set, the mood from the fight seemed to lighten. There was no more commander and subordinate relationship going on. No, finally they could relax and put this behind them. Unfortunately, this had to be quick - Zenji’s challenge was soon.

“Oh, dear.” Reika chimed in after Yuki spoke about drinking at her estate. The vague memories of what happened the last time they were there nearly cause the shinigami’s stomach to turn sour. “Lets… not have a repeat of the last time we drank. I still don’t know how I got put into that yukata and ended up in bed. Let alone if that guy got his cart back.” A weak chuckle left her before she smiled.
Reika Suzumei
Reika Suzumei

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuudai Oshiro Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:48 am

Yuudai smiled at Reika as he picked up the tea pot and swirled it around some, “I’m Sure we will have plenty of time to train together. Plus being a fairly combat oriented division we will probably be doing joint training with the Fifth too.” He let a small chuckle out as he began to pour the tea, “I’m sure the souls of the Rukongai feel safer already.”

The man handed out the tea to the women before turning back to stand and opening a small compartment sat immediately under the cake. He pulled out three plates one at a time and set them down next to the stand. Reaching in again he fidgeted around for a moment, “I know you’re in there, I remember putting you in… ah!” He removed his and with it came several forks and slicer. Distributing the cutlery he then moved to put a slice of cake on each plate, “Enjoy.”

Yuudai turned to look at Yuki and her shoulder. The damage look mostly superficial, a sore bruise at worst, well within his ability. Her clothing was also torn. Unfortunately there was nothing he could do about that. Then he noticed the bandages just visible under her garments. Was she injured? She managed to put up that much of a fight with her eyes closed and while injured. Severely injured, judging by the placement of the bandages. Very impressive. His mind wandered for a moment of how well she fought if she went all out, before he snapped back to reality. Injuries of that magnitude were beyond his skills right now, so all he could do was focus on her shoulder, “Yuki, want me to fix up that shoulder?” He held his hand up towards her ready to use Kaido if she accepted.
Yuudai Oshiro
Yuudai Oshiro

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuki Kameko Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:44 am

Yuki's head tilted ever so slightly to the side, her tail stopping for the moment as she attempted to recall what might have been bothering Reika. What had happened? She remembered drinking. And the bath, of course. Oh. Right. Reika had all but passed out. And they had bought someone's cart of food. Well, perhaps bought was the wrong word. Pilfered more like it.

Reika did get quite drunk. I wonder how Toji is doing? It has been a while since I have seen him. Oh right.

The memories returned. There had been plenty of drinking all around. Reika had been too drunk to dress herself. That had fallen to Yuki. Still, it had been a wonderful evening!

"The baths. I dressed you, I believe. And I am pretty certain that the man did get his cart back."

I think.

"Both of us were pretty drunk. If I remember correctly Toji was more or less fine."

It would be fine if they practiced a little more moderation. They would probably be okay! But she wasn't going to press the issue. If Reika didn't feel comfortable in that situation then it meant that Yuki had failed as a guest! But that just meant she'd just need to do better next time. Be a proper host! It wasn't as though she had that chance often.

Her gaze lowered to the cake slices as they were set out. Once more her tail began to wag. Strawberry! Yay! Although she wondered how they matched up against her own berries. The little wolf's attention was pulled away from the dessert when Yuudai offered to patch up her shoulder.

"I would appreciate that, thank you."
Yuki Kameko
Yuki Kameko

Reika Suzumei likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Reika Suzumei Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:18 pm

“I’m sure we will,” Reika replied as she watched him move his little teapot around. “And they should. Especially after what I saw with you facing a stronger opponent. I grew up out there, so you’ll have a lot of trust to earn among the souls out there. The previous Fifth Seat and their subordinates left a sour taste due to their abuse of the denizens out there. I hope to clear our name and make sure that they can trust that we’re there to protect them, not extort them.”

Those memories of the unease, knowing that the shinigami were going to come into a division to ‘patrol’ seemed to haunt the mind of Reika. Being young, she was playing with her friends, a simple game of tag - no harm was being done. She was running away from her friend and didn’t notice the patrol. Running straight into one of the groups, she was met with extraordinary rebuke, finding herself straight away under one man’s heel as he kicked her for such an attack.

The shinigami below her and herself had to do better. At least that’s what she told herself. There was nothing more she wanted to do than to make all those souls feel safe within their own homes. She had to do it for herself and for her family she left home. Pushing her feelings aside she turned her head to Yuki as she spoke.

The baths, she remembered vaguely, the warmth easing her muscles as she relaxed into them. It was amazing that she didn’t sink into them and drown, especially considering the amount she drank. That little frame could handle so much, but being around new friends, she went too far. As Yuki recalled dressing Reika, she couldn’t help but grasp the material of her shihakusho around her chest in discomfort. It seemed her drunken self had no inhibitions about stripping in front of folks.

“Thank you for taking care of me.” Her voice sounded uneasy as she took hold of the teacup. Sipping the tea, she couldn’t help but admire the flavor as she glanced over at Yuudai. It seemed the Hatayama had an extreme love and penchant for their tea. That thought was overshadowed by the cake. Putting down her cup she grabbed the fork, and she smiled softly, “We can still do it. I’ll just contact Toji and see if he can’t deliver us some drinks… without going too far. I’ll just let him know it’s a private affair that way he won’t let us go too far this time.” A soft giggle left her lips before she went in for a bite.

The flavor burst in her mouth as a not-so-subtle ‘mmm’ escaped her lips while Yuudai offered his healing services to Yuki. “Very good.” Reika managed to say in between bites. “Thank you so much.” As she enjoyed her cake, she couldn’t help but remember her mounting duties. Try as she might the nagging feeling began to eat away at her. There was so much to do in so little time.

That little treat soon turned into an empty plate as Reika gently handed it back, “As much as I’d like this to continue, I’ve got a few more things to do before Zenji’s challenge.” As she turned to leave, the young shinigami ruffled Yuki’s hair. “Thank you again for helping me out, friend. And, Yuudai, I owe you and Yuki drinks. Make sure to find some free time, the both of you.”

With a soft smile, Reika excused herself from the two. Too much paperwork, too many orders. Such was the life of being a seated member of the Gotei. But she had to do it. She had to make this a better place for those below her, for all of those who lived out in the district. “Until we meet again~”

[thread exit]
Reika Suzumei
Reika Suzumei

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuudai Oshiro Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:01 am

Yuudai frowned slightly when Reika mentioned the previous occupier of her seat. He wasn’t in the Rukongai long before being taken in by the Hatayamas, but he still remembered some of things the shinigami used to do when they got too big for their boots. His smile soon returned when she seemed to enjoy the cake he had brought, “Maybe next time you’ll have spent energy for it to regain.” He let out a small chuckle.

Turning back to Yuki, he gently rested his hand against her shoulder and after a moment of focus the light glow of his Kaido emanate from under his hand. “Sorry I can’t fix your clothing. This isn’t my specialty.” He gave her a wide smile, “But the bruise is well within my limits.” He picked up and took a sip from his tea with his free hand, waiting a few moments for his treatment to be done. It didn’t take long as the injury was only small.

Yuudai removed his hand, “There you go. Good as new.” He beamed a smile at Yuki as he sat back a bit and picked up his slice of cake. He took a bite of it and savoured the flavour for a moment, before Reiak stood up to leave, “That is a good point, we can’t be late for the challenge. And I’m sure we’ll take you up on those drinks sooner than later.” He waved after her as she left. “Well, I suppose I should head off too, once I finish this. Though I do look forward to our next bout, when I don’t have to worry about injuries for later events.” He grinned at the woman.
Yuudai Oshiro
Yuudai Oshiro

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuki Kameko Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:26 pm

It was a shame how some Shinigami acted while out in the Rukongai. Indeed, she had seen it herself. Those born of higher status enjoyed acting like royalty. Perhaps they were in the eyes of the society within which they lived, but they hadn't earned it. Well, most of them hadn't earned it. There were exceptions, like the Hatayama. Those she was close to as well like Meili, who had many trials of her own to face, and even Watari, although she doubted if most knew the same things that she did considering his situation.

She nodded once, frowning inwardly at her friend's clear show of discomfort. Next time Yuki would do better. A proper host and a good friend would not have allowed her to get so drunk! But she knew now, at least. Reika did seem to trust her enough to give it another shot!

I won't let her down!

The wolf's eye closed as she felt Yuudai's energy flow into her injured shoulder. While he had managed to scorch and bruise the flesh such things were not too difficult to fix with the application of kaido. Within a matter of moments it appeared to be as good as new! Her gaze drifted over to the former wound, arm slowly moving in circles at her side while she tested it. Confident in his work she turned to face him, lowering her head in gratitude.

"Thank you. That feels much better."

With that business taken care of she also picked up her slice of cake, biting away the corner. Behind her Yuki's tail wagged. It was quite delicious! And filled with strawberry! This of course naturally made it even better. "This is very good" she whispered, taking another bite. Her attention returned to Reika while she swallowed.

Awww. Dang.

"Very well. It was good to see you, as always. I shall look forward to our drinks. Farewell."

With her free hand Yuki lifted her tea, sipping at it slowly while she watched Reika depart. It always did make her sad to see a friend go, but it wasn't as though they wouldn't see each other again! Yuudai too appeared to need to depart soon. It was a shame, but also understandable. With a hunger rarely showcased the wolf devoured the rest of her cake in a few quick bites. Then she sipped at the rest of her tea, setting the cup down carefully.

"I won't keep you then."

Standing, she'd briefly stretch her arms out overhead and her tail behind her. Once she relaxed she lowered her head towards the man. "I enjoyed our match and I do look forward to seeing your growth. It was lovely meeting you Oshira-sama. If you ever need anything do not be afraid to call upon me. Also, thank you for the cake and tea. They were quite delicious."

After straightening herself out Yuki turned to depart, tail wagging softly behind her. Today had been a good day despite the damage to her robes!

[[Thread Exit]]
Yuki Kameko
Yuki Kameko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down