Bleach Sakura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nyla Reybourne (DONE)

3 posters

Go down

Nyla Reybourne (DONE) Empty Nyla Reybourne (DONE)

Post by Nyla Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:55 am

Nyla Reybourne (DONE) LTw7ZtK
The Dusklight Executor
I D E N T I F I C A T I O N

Name: Nyla Reybourne
Apparent Age: Late Twenties
Actual Age: 250

Eye Color: Dark Gray, but due to the blessing placed on her by her Quincy Order, they constantly glow with a baleful green light.
Height: 5'6 "
Weight: 150
Hair Color and Style: Nyla's hair is a midnight black color with muted black streaks throughout.
Clothing and Accessories: Normally, Nyla wears the combat gear of her Quincy Order. That's not to say, however, that she has neglected to adapt to the changing times. She is not opposed to dressing in stylish yet comfortable attire during her leisure time.
Generalized Appearance: Given her lineage, Nyla has often been referred to as an exotic beauty. Standing at just slightly over what's considered average height for women, her naturally curvy physique is accented by toned muscle that is the result of a closely followed exercise regimen. Her bronzed skin tone belies her Caribbean heritage, which itself is supple and blemish free.

Her onyx hair carries a healthy sheen and reaches to just below her shoulder blades. In terms of style, her hair is usually twined into thick braids that hang down along the right side of her face and down her neck. When not braided, it flows in curled tresses that frame her face on both sides. Sharp gray eyes hold a stony gaze, beneath which gleams her ancient wisdom. Despite her default expression being one of frigid resolve, there are instances where a "devil may care" smirk can be seen present on her face; it generally only appears when someone has earned her respect.

Spiritual Pressure Analysis: At rest, Nyla's spiritual pressure gives off a fierce coldness, a nearly direct mirror of her unyielding and calculative demeanor. When ignited, it ebbs and flows around her, appearing as a shroud of achromatic fog. Lingering wisps of it trail from her and when in motion, she appears as though a blurred shadow.

Overall Personality: From first impressions, Nyla gives off an air of condescension and disinterest, as if most people and their issues are beneath her. For all intents and purposes, this is an apt assumption. Being that she has outlived several generations of allies and family, Nyla has chosen to distance herself from close connections to people; she has instead opted to consider them as fleeting sparks on their journey through The Cycle. There are two exceptions to this: fellow Quincy and Hollow-breeds or their ghostly samurai adversaries the Shinigami.

When dealing with the former, she tends to view them as fledgling children still in need of guidance. She is marginally more tolerant of them in that regard, more so if she senses that they have an interest in upholding Quincy teachings and learning from the ancient knowledge she has collected.

When it comes to the latter, specifically Hollow-breeds, she views them as little more than bloodthirsty creatures that must be eliminated; regardless of any intelligence or contradictory evidence against her opinion of them. With Shinigami, she harbors a vindictive grudge against them for their destruction of the Quincy race centuries before. She is generally dismissive towards them, and even quicker to anger and annoyance when dealing with them as a result.

Positive Traits: Analytical, Focused, Intelligent, Organized
Negative Traits: Condescending, Merciless, Domineering, Apathetic

Loyalties: Quincy Order by default, but also any of those who align with Quincy ideals or their safekeeping.

Goals:

• Both her mission and primary motivation is the eradication of Hollow-breeds, specifically those that are deemed the most problematic.

• As possibly the oldest living Quincy to date, Nyla has charged herself with being the keeper of the Quincy order's most ancient texts and teachings. As such, she travels the world in search of any and all artifacts and texts thought lost to time and keeps them stored away for future generations.

Habits: Given her "advanced" years, Nyla tends to address everyone as a minor, speaking to them as elder would a child. Despite having lived in various locations throughout the world among countless dialects and languages, she still retains her Jamaican accent and often speaks with an islandic patois when annoyed or angered.

B A C K G R O U N D

Snapshots

• Born August 12th 1769 in Kingston, Jamaica.
  • Sold as an indentured servant to the Salvatore merchant family at 12. (c. 1781)
  • First signs of spiritual awakening after a shipwreck during a merchandise transport. (c. 1786)
  • Washed ashore on an uncharted island. Spiritual powers develop more.
  • Discovers abandoned ruins on island holding ancient texts and broken relics. Learns of the Quincy Order. (c. 1792)
  • Resonates with one of the few intact relics and manages a partial weapon creation. (c. 1793)
  • Barters her way aboard a trader vessel and spends time as a deckhand while further studying the texts. (c. 1795)
  • Arrives in Haiti and inadvertently becomes involved in the conflict therein. (c. 1800)
  • Achieves first full weapon creation as a result of a Hollow attack during a battle. Defeats the Hollow but is gravely wounded. (c. 1803)
  • Discovered and taken in by a Haitian sect of Quincy. Taught to fully wield her spiritual abilities. (c. 1805)
  • Given her own Quincy Cross and formally inducted as a member of the Dusklight Order. (c. 1806)
  • Achieves rank of Executor. Given Blessing of Lonbraj, granting her agelessness and tasked with hunting Hollows. (c. 1810)
  • Manages to briefly repel a band of Rogue Shinigami's attack on the Order's monastery. (c. 1811)
  • Escapes the monastery and goes into hiding. (c. 1813)
  • Begins hunting Hollows and Shinigami alike, the latter out of a vendetta for their atrocities against the Quincy. (c. 1815)
  • Sets out to travel the world gathering Quincy knowledge and searching for any remaining Quincy. (c. 1816-Present)

Overarching History
Nyla's birth was one of secrecy. At a time when indentured servitude and slavery were prevalent, Nyla was born to Amelia and Devon, a pair of sugarcane plantation workers in Kingston, Jamaica. Unfortunately, despite her parents' best efforts, Nyla was discovered by plantation owner's wife. Although they expected to have the infant Nyla taken from them, it appeared that the plantation owner exercised leniency and allowed her parents to keep Nyla. When she was old enough to perform manual labor, Nyla was made to work as a stable girl and tend the horses. It was grueling work, but Nyla and her parents considered it a worthwhile tradeoff if it meant they would not be separated.

As it would turn out, however, the plantation owner had simply been biding time and waiting for the perfect opportunity. On the day of Nyla's twelfth birthday, Nyla was stripped away from her parents and sold to the Salvatore trading company as a way to teach her parents a lesson. Amid anguished wails from both Nyla and her parents, they could only watch helplessly as they were separated quite possibly forever.

Nyla had barely been given time to grieve before she was put to work as a laborer and deckhand for the company. Her grief only served to make the work much more intense. In a twisted way, perhaps as a result of her traumatic separation, Nyla was grateful for the strenuous labor; it served to physically strengthen and over time occupy her mind from thinking of her parents for too long.

Unfortunately, her hardships were not yet over. During what had become a routine trade voyage by sea, the Salvatore merchant fleet was besieged by pirates. As fellow crewmen were slaughtered and ships sank around her, the panic and chaos seemed to awaken something within the now teenage Nyla. Before Nyla could really gain an understanding of what was changing within her, an explosion ravaged the deck of the ship she was stationed on and flung her into the flotsam-riddled sea. Barely clinging to consciousness, Nyla drifted for what seemed like weeks before washing ashore upon an unknown beach.

Uncertain of just how much time had passed since she washed up on this nameless beach and gradually regained consciousness she was unsure. As she became aware of her surroundings and the nightfall that had crept in, Nyla realized that her survival depended on her being able to sustain herself long enough to escape the island. Although the island was devoid of human life, it was gorged with enough wildlife and plant life to be more than capable of keeping her alive.

Several years blurred together as Nyla continued her solitary existence on the island; by now she had become acclimated to the island's habitat and familiar with its geography. During an otherwise routine hunt, Nyla stumbled upon what appeared to be the crumbling remains of a monastery. Unsure of exactly how she had not noticed such an large structure, Nyla began to feel as though something within the derelict remains called out to her. Subconsciously, as if on auto-pilot, she proceeded deeper into the ruins. It was at the deepest part of the ruins that Nyla discovered a mostly intact vault rife with fraying and weathered books and scrolls alongside what appeared to be countless pieces of broken jewelry.

Curiosity got the better of her and Nyla began to peruse the various tomes, intrigued by the information within which detailed a secret order of individuals referred to as "Quincy." Utterly enthralled by what she thought were mere stories of fantasy, Nyla sifted through the pieces of broken jewelry for any that may still be whole enough to be of value; perhaps if a ship did happen upon her, she could use the jewelry to barter passage off of the island. As she intently inspected one particularly interesting piece, a sudden surge of vitality and what she could only describe as nigh overwhelming strength surged within her. Nyla watched in equal parts intrigue and shock as glowing energy sprang forth from the cracked cross she held and formed what appeared to be the shaft of a bow before shattering.

Nyla spent much of her time over the next few years poring over the texts in the vault, finding more and more similarities between herself and these Quincy. It was by sheer good fortune that a trade ship happened to be passing by the island as Nyla strolled along the beach intently studying the current volume. It wasn't until she had been hailed from the ship that she noticed it had anchored a short distance from the shallows. Gathering up as many of the texts as she could carry in her makeshift knapsack, Nyla traded some of the least damaged pieces to barter her way onto the ship.

Some time later, Nyla parted ways with the trader vessel crew as they made port at Haiti. Although it had not been her intention, she had become inadvertently involved in the civil war that raged across the island. Remembering her own childhood and adolescence, Nyla found it easy to side with the servants and slaves that currently fought for their freedom. During one such battle, Nyla's budding spiritual pressure attracted the attention of a nearby Hollow. Her desire to protect her newfound allies allowed her to achieve a completed form of the manifestation she had performed on the island years before and vanquish the Hollow. It was not without consequence on her end, however; the Hollow had dealt her a heavy blow that left her seriously injured.

Nyla managed to retreat a fair distance from the battlefield before succumbing to weariness and collapsing. An unknown amount of time passed as Nyla slowly recovered from her injuries. It was at this time that Nyla had been found by a smaller sect of Quincy that blended the teachings of the Quincy Order with Vodou, known as the Dusklight Order. By combining the blessings the Haitian Loa with their power as Quincy, these practitioners were able to achieve even greater feats. Over time, Nyla was taught how to properly harness her spiritual gifts until---some years later---she was formally inducted into the order and granted her own cross.

As Nyla grew in strength and excelled in her training, she quickly rose through the ranks to achieve the rank of Executor, a title reserved for only the most gifted of the Dusklight Order. With this new title came the greatest gift bestowed to Dusklight members: the Blessing of Lonbraj. Through a ritual in which the Loa of Death and Vitality were beseeched, Nyla was granted the gift of agelessness in order to continue to carry out her duties as a Quincy exempt from the ravages of time. Nyla had finally found a place where she felt as if she was accepted and belonged.

This sense of acceptance was suddenly shattered with the arrival of a platoon of Rogue Shinigami with the sole purpose of killing them for sport. They were met with fierce opposition by Nyla and her fellow Executors, routing the attack and buying their Order a moment of reprieve. They soon realized, however, that their chances of escape her slim and it was highly likely that they would meet their end here. Recognizing Nyla as the most gifted among them, the remaining Order members elected to provide a distraction to allow Nyla the chance to escape. Although reluctant, Nyla honored their sacrifice and quickly fled the monastery just moments before it was besieged yet again and her brethren were slaughtered. In a matter of moments, Nyla had been rendered the sole survivor of the Dusklight Order.

Already bearing the heavy burden of retaining the teachings of the Dusklight Order, Nyla made it her personal mission to hunt down and kill any Shinigami she came across; it was her way of honoring her fallen Quincy comrades, both within and outside of the Dusklight Order. Believing that she is possibly the most capable of gathering and organizing the teachings of the various Quincy Orders, both ancient and otherwise, Nyla set out to gather any and all knowledge she could pertaining to the Quincy while also searching for any Quincy houses that had managed to escape the Shinigami's zealous slaughter.

Q U I N C Y // B L O O D L I N E
TBD
TBD

Reishi Cross: Nyla's cross is contained within the medallion that she keeps around her neck. The medallion itself is gold in color, the outer ring of it shaped to have the appearance of braided vines. Within the circle of vines is a crescent moon, next to which the five-pointed Quincy star is situated.
Reishi Weapon: In it's basal form, Nyla's weapon takes the form of a pair of semi-automatic pistols created out of crystalline reishi given physical form. They are capable of being fired either together or separately, allowing for her to combat multiple opponents at once. Should she so choose, she can shift the form to create a singular cannon type weapon that is aesthetically similar to the dual pistols but has a slower rate of fire and longer range.
Bloodline Ability: TBD

STATS & SKILLS
SPENT XP/TOTAL XP
1000/1000

STATS
Reiatsu 120
Power 50
Spirit 20
Agility 30
Durability 20

(700XP Spent)

SKILLS
Reishi Manipulation Basic
Physical Combat -/-
Archery Basic
Ginto Beginner
Hirenkyaku Basic
Hand of the Loa -/-

(300 XP Spent)

Last edited by Nyla on Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Nyla
Nyla

Back to top Go down

Nyla Reybourne (DONE) Empty Re: Nyla Reybourne (DONE)

Post by Meridith Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:14 pm

You have an interesting and unique premise I'd like to see take off, first there are a few things to address!

So as a note, the Quincy purged occurred roughly a millennia ago as per the Quincy Info thread. You have an attack in, I think, 1811 but the Shinigami don't know the Quincy exist at this point in time, at least as a whole. Lots of ways to work around this to establish your story beats but wanted to make that clear. Reach out if you have any questions to work this out. If it has to be Shinigami, there are ways.

The immortal blessing is strange but in this world a lot of things are, make sure to not be able to give this blessing out freely, such a gift should be earned and difficult in case you wanted this art as a future element.

And most importantly, the intent with Quincy lost and scattered for so long is that no person is a source of truth for the lore, both in character and out. I just want to temper the expectation of a Loremaster character, much like with the very neat Dusklight Order, each Quincy Order has its own take on the heritage and tradition, and the history that would be outside of her awareness. I want to avoid objective truth until a player climbs high enough to have earned making more firm declarations and as ever, communication with fellow players, particularly those playing the race is key!

If you can address this historical hiccup, and the rest sounds good we'll move along with your approval. Thanks!
Meridith
Meridith

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyla Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:22 pm

I can change the circumstances of the attack so that it's no longer an executive order and instead just a rogue band of them; that actually would make her prejudice towards them a bit more interesting I think.

With the Blessing of Lonbahj, that was strictly a Dusklight Order practice. And while she has the knowledge to be able to perform the ritual, it's not something that she would do because she feels it would be dishonoring the sacrifice of her comrades. Also, she's not necessarily immortal. She can still be killed, just not by old age.

With gathering artifacts and texts, I most likely worded it strangely. I wasn't saying that the teachings or traditions of any one Quincy house/family are the absolute, but rather that she ie gathering it as a way for them to be remembered and to show anyone (Quincy-wise) that's interested how different they all are but that they still should remember that in spite of that, they are all Quincy. Simply put, it's a "no Quincy house should believe themselves elevated above another just because they have different traditions" ideal.

Currently I'm not at my computer, so I can't make the above mentioned edit to the history, but I wanted to reply here and at least acknowledge/respond to your input.
Nyla
Nyla

Back to top Go down

Post by Meridith Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:26 pm

I'd think that granting someone immortality is an act exceeding mastery of a particular skill, but appropriate for going 'further beyond' so to speak if there's ever cause for it.

And yeah that makes sense, so long as you aren't operating out of character from a 'I have access to objective truth' your character can believe and contain whatever knowledge you want. Let me know when you've made the tweaks, no rush of course. Thanks for the quick reply.
Meridith
Meridith

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyla Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:45 pm

It turns out that it was easier than I expected to make edits from my phone. I believe I've made the requested changes. If I missed anything let me know.
Nyla
Nyla

Back to top Go down

Post by Croocyt Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:31 pm

Nyla Reybourne (DONE) M38rDxR
Croocyt
Croocyt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum