Bleach Sakura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mother of Invention [Oshime, Closed]

2 posters

Go down

Mother of Invention [Oshime, Closed] Empty Mother of Invention [Oshime, Closed]

Post by Bill Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:53 am

Watari Suzumei stood in the fourth division barracks quite curious as to why there was what looked to be a frog floating up and down in a large tank. The frog itself was pure white and a hole in the middle so it was clearly Hollow, what was more curious was why Hollow Frog hadn’t attempted to escape. Suspended animation? Asleep? Dead? These were all guesses but he had no answers.

He tapped the glass but there was no response. Watari turned and looked around as various laboratory setups criss-crossed the length of the scientific facility he had entered. Here Shinigami invented the latest and greatest in new technology! Here Soul Society was brought to the pinnacle of modern invention! Here they slept. Watari tilted his head at the third scientist he’d seen today napping.

Why was it whenever he went deep into the Gotei 6 he found somebody painfully complacent? It was as if the rot that had penetrated into the depths of the nobility also spread like a cancer through the veins of the Gotei 6. It was disappointing. Watari sighed and turned away from the Fourth Division out onto the main streets of the Soul Society. He doubted the person he would need for his plans would be found here.

With that the Head of the Suzumei Family took out a cigarette and took a long drag of it. How hard was it to find somebody to make him a portal? The regular senkaimon were great but he wanted something that cut a little bit deeper and was a little bit more private. Watari wanted an excursion to Hueco Mundo.

"Maybe the academy is actually a better place"

Bill
Bill
Admin

https://bleachsakura.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Mother of Invention [Oshime, Closed] Empty Re: Mother of Invention [Oshime, Closed]

Post by Oshime Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:13 pm

With a sigh, Oshime Enshoku finished putting on her coat and heading out the door for another day of meaningless labor. It seemed like all her dreams come true when she got accepted into the Fourth Division right after graduation, but the reality of it had begun to drain her enthusiasm. As an unseated member of the Division, she was no better than an intern at an office job, tedious tasks fetching coffee or supplies or whatever dumb thing the actual important people wanted her to get. Still though, she had to earn her lumps if she wanted to advance through the ranks and eventually earn a seated position.

Today, though, seemed like it was starting off worse than normal. She had already woken up late and while she would probably get to the Division on time, it threw off all her planning to have missed breakfast. Now though, here at her job, she could see the worrying figure of someone unfamiliar near the headquarters. Based on his general attitude and appearance, he was definitely no scientist and not someone who she would normally see in her place of business.

She knew she should say something to the stranger, assess if he was going to be a problem, but she hated that it had to be her. She did not like public speaking to begin with, let alone with someone who might be miserable to try and speak to.

“Umm...excuse me, y-you're not allowed to smoke near the building...”
Oshime
Oshime

Back to top Go down

Mother of Invention [Oshime, Closed] Empty Re: Mother of Invention [Oshime, Closed]

Post by Bill Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:17 am

As Watari stood there taking a peaceful drag of his cigarette and exhaling into the alley as he plotted his next move. He was interrupted by a woman with orange and blue hair - not particularly out of place for Soul Society - well usually people kept to one color. What really stood out about this woman was her eyes, one was grey and the other yellow. Watari had never seen heterochromia before and it fascinated him.

“Eh? I’m not. You’re telling me the burning of whatever they do in there is okay, but smoking tobacco isn’t? Seems like hypocrisy to me” Watari sighed and drew in what was left of the cigarette before letting the rest fall as ash onto the ground below him. He dropped the cigarette butt and ground it out with his heel as he looked the woman up and down. Did she work here? Was she perhaps a scientist? Better yet, she actually seemed switched on, which was more than Watari had hoped for.

“Are you a scientist by any chance? I was looking for one to well - science for me, but unfortunately your comrades in there seem more preoccupied with sleeping and drinking coffee” Watari cringed at that last part, everybody knew the best coffee in Soul Society was located at a tiny stall just by the Baozhai estate in the Rukongai in a fit to be the best coffee brewers in the area the sellers at that stall had been influenced by Baozhai pomp, what followed was the best brew in all of Soul Society.

“Science isn’t eloquent enough. I need somebody to do what nobody else has done . . . ” Watari screwed up his face, well done well. The problem with travelling to Hueco Mundo was it was technically possible but you had to follow a Hollow and as much as Watari loved fighting Hollow, following one to Hueco Mundo seemed to be a death sentence for the unprepared.

Bill
Bill
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshime Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:48 am

“...Hypocrisy?” Oshime questioned, trying to understand this strange man that seemingly had no idea what science was. “The 'burning' in there is done via experiments on chemicals for scientific purposes. Smoking a cigarette is just ruining your lungs and, more importantly, the lungs of anyone around you.” Even worse, he dropped the butt of the cigarette and drove it into the ground with his shoe. “Not to mention the littering...”

What could this weird person even want with scientists, anyway. That was a bit creepy, moreso than he was by loitering in this alley like a creepo or a pervert or some kind of ruffian. Though, he was right about the layabouts in the Division Headquarters, so many of them just sleepwalking through their careers when they could be inventing things or unlocking the secrets of dark matter or discovering/proving more of the Uncomputable numbers. “Uhh, maybe I am, maybe I'm not...”

Okay, he was definitely some kind of pervert. The eloquence of science is how it uses the language of math to explain the fabric of out world and the rules that govern in, the golden ratio weaved in along the way. What in the name of heck could he want to do “that nobody else has done”? Sure seemed like the weird words of a pervert trying to entice a scientist to do weird things that were icky. “Umm, maybe I should be going now...”
Oshime
Oshime

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:36 am

“We’re dead” Watari snapped back at the woman. Soul King be damned, why was everyone so judgemental about his addiction? Shinigami couldn’t actually have their lungs rot, least of all by cigarettes, had you heard of a Shinigami with cancer? No, Watari was fine. If anything all he suffered from was smelling of tobacco. Geez, she was one to speak with her orange, blue and black hair - he hadn’t noticed the black until now. Soul King, it was bright.

“You’re a bit judgmental for a scientist, are you sure you are one? I thought you were all meant to be for the “glory of science” and some rhetoric in between”
Watari was actually stumped for once, he was sure that he would find at least one fourth division scientist that was keen to go ahead with his wacky scheme. Wacky was definitely what it was, it probably wouldn’t work but most importantly if he didn’t try to breach the veil to Hueco Mundo nobody would!

“Sure thing, walk away”
Watari sighed and began to walk up the road. Academy? Yeah, Watari was sure he could find one student that would probably go along with his plans. Being a noble had its benefits, for one he had funds so that he could buy whatever ridiculous things a scientist need- wait.

Watari spun on his heel and jogged up to the bizarre woman.

“You wouldn’t know that burning of chemicals was for scientific purposes unless you were in fact a scientist!”
Watari pointed accusingly.
Bill
Bill
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshime Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:37 am

“Dead or not, we still have our health to worry about.” Oshime snarked back at the rude man, having no time for someone who put his own satisfaction over the comfort and health of others. “Or do you think the entire Division full of medics are all frauds?” Who was this jerk, to dismiss health as if being a shinigami was the same as being an immortal being. Illness still existed for souls, albeit not quite the same as residents of the mortal realm.

And now that was just a step too far. Suggesting that she was not a true scientist because she did not kowtow to whatever dumb philosophy he, a non-scientist, prescribed to scientists due to his own bias? That was not to be ignored. “You're a bit judgmental for some weirdo skulking about in back alleys. Shouldn't you be trying to sell contraband to schoolkids or something?” Just who did this weirdo think he was?

“...Wh-what are you talking about?” Oshime was quite concerned now, perhaps this man was not a weird pervert creep but instead some lunatic crazy person! Or maybe he was just dumb and bad at connecting dots, that was also possible. “Even if I am a scientist, what's it to you? Gonna report me to a priest like some medieval religious nut?”
Oshime
Oshime

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:34 am

“Well to be honest, now that you point it out, maybe they are? When was the last time you saw somebody from the healing division practicing new healing kido? Not really world defining now is it?” Wow, she really was a scientist! Looking at how insightful she was about the third squad, Watari was almost entirely convinced at this point that he needed to get this Shinigami to somehow agree with him. He needed somebody as sharp and as intelligent as her - or maybe it was that he found it hilarious how flustered she was getting about the socio-eccentricities of the Gotei 6 divisions?

“Honestly I tried selling contraband once, didn’t work out - apparently Rukongai Citizens don’t take kindly to employment contracts and a living wage at a noble estate. They seemed to think it was some sort of convenient trick - who knows, maybe I am secretly the boogeyman” the Head of the Suzumei said with a wink. Speaking of, what sort of contraband did they sell in back alleys these days anyway? Man, he was so out of touch. He really needed to just get really drunk one of these days and stumble around some back alleys.

“And the only religious nuts I know are the Hatayama Noble Family and their head is the quiet type, so even if I wanted to report you to the Soul King, he probably wouldn’t even know what to do with you! No, I want adventure, I want to see if it’s possible to go to Hueco Mundo without attaching a saddle to a Hollow and yelling 'yee-haw'” that was a good point though, he hadn’t caught up with Zenji Hatayama in a long while. In fact that particular noble was on a long list of loose ends that Watari would need to tie up in due time. Well, first, he had to convince a scientist to open a door to a land of wacky hollows and then maybe pocket it for later.

Bill
Bill
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshime Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:50 pm

“Medicine is a kind of science so if you think your crazy conspiracy theory is going to win me over, then you might want to think again.” Oshime said with a sigh. She was not going to sit here at let this guy demean her colleagues with his ridiculous theories about doctors being fake. If he was trying to rile her up, then he was definitely doing a good job. Regret filled her mind, ruing her decision to saying something to the sketchy weirdo she saw doing something against the rules in the general vicinity of her department.

“If the Boogeyman was like you, then maybe there'd be a reason to fear it.” Oshime mumbled, though she guessed it was not quiet enough to go unheard. It was only natural that he was some kind of scam artist, even if his words intended to imply something else. He was clearly biased and she would not believe that he was some nice guy just trying to help out the poor. So many evil con artists tried to suggest that what they were doing was for the good of the people and yet, it always ended up benefiting them and them alone. Lo and behold, he seemed to be cut from the same cloth.

...Okay yeah he was definitely, certifiably insane now. Any doubts about that went away upon the suggestion of a trip to Hueco Mundo. “...You want to take a highly illegal trip to the utterly dangerous realm full of monsters that want to eat us? Have you lost whatever wits you think you had?” Yup, this lunatic was definitely up to no good and probably should be turned over to the authorities.
Oshime
Oshime

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:14 am

“Ehh, nice insult I’ll write that in my book of things people have called me in my long life. Right next to “Son of Frankenstein” and “Oh that’s unfortunate”” Watari said with a wink and a smile. It seemed there was some semblance of humor in this woman. All he had to do was breach it first and that had seemed like the tricky part. Of course she thought he was an idiot and to be honest in the case of science he really was, but that was why they had the fourth division right so Watari didn’t have to do all the scientific thinking, he would just get a boffin too.

“Well aren’t you curious what’s out there? I mean I know it’s dangerous but that’s besides the point” Of course the whole dangerous monsters part needed to be glazed over. Of course they were dangerous, that was sort of the point. He wasn’t going to be held down by something as stupid as not being powerful enough that just seemed like some bizarre arbitrary limitation that meant he couldn’t go. Nobody had said you couldn’t go there, in fact there were very little rulings on Hueco Mundo at all, as long as balance was obtained going on suicidal ventures was fine.

“Besides, it’s more the ‘can we’ I don’t actually think anyones ever tried because of it. I mean I’m sure somebody has thought about it at some point but as I said, attaching a saddle to a Hollow it’s unrealistic”
Honestly if she didn’t want to help that was fine. The more he mentioned the idea of the saddle the more he began to think if the Hollow was big enough it was probably entirely feasible.

“Also I’m not crazy. I’m quite sane! Really it just boils down to how suicidal I’m feeling on a given day and today I’m quite”

Bill
Bill
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshime Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:09 am

“It's not a matter of curiosity, it's, uh, something about morals and ethics...No, it's about safety and intelligence.” The vivid-haired Shinigami was exasperated by this point, her patience wearing thin from this big doofus of a soul. If he wanted to die so badly, why was he trying to drag her into it?

Oshime hated this man more than she could put into words, mature minded self or not. That being said, his claims of curiosity were not entirely untrue and that only made her hate him more. Sure, the scientific part of her was also curious whether she was capable of creating such a device and that dug at her more than any meathooks his words could create, but the way he was going about this whole thing was nauseatingly annoying.

“Whether you're sane or not, you're asking me to build the experimental rocket to take you to Mars, and I'm the one responsible if it explodes on the way.” He seemed to think that her science was just a game, that she would just snap her fingers and pull out a completed invention that worked 100% of the time with not a single kink or error. It was less than unrealistic, it was selfish insanity.
Oshime
Oshime

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:37 pm

“Well no, you’re the one responsible if I end up in the dangai. I hear that sweeper can be a real pain for those who aren’t allowed in there” Watari absent-mindedly commented. Dangerous? Wasn’t she excited by the thrill of it, a rocket to mars? That would be great - he was definitely sure the humans had yet to develop that technology. Shinigami themselves could technically go out there but apparently your spiritual pressure and bond to the world of the living started to wear thin.

“Besides, nobody needs to know you’re developing it if you don’t want them too. I have numerous locations across the Soul Society where an ingenious inventor could have a lab and do what she wanted outside of the restrictions of the Gotei 6” It turned out it was ridiculously easy to buy up property in the Rukongai, who knew that a neverending district of residences would have so much free real-estate? Not to mention derelict buildings within the Soul Society that people would pretend weren’t there if paid well enough.

“As far as mars goes, if you really wanted to do that I wouldn’t complain. Though I’m not sure there’s much out there. Maybe aliens? That’s what those human world magazines say right, aliens and red sand”
Watari had never really had a mind for what was out in the unknown but if that was what floated her boat he wasn’t going to stop her. For all he knew she would appear with a rocketship and a way to get to Hueco Mundo and both of those seemed agreeable to him.
Bill
Bill
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshime Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:43 am

Honestly, sending this man to the dangai would solve her problems quite cleanly, erasing this troublesome nuisance off the face of the dimensions. A bit evil, for sure, but also satisfying were she able to do it. Knowing him, though, the sweeper would probably get annoyed at his existence and stay away from him.

“...A secret lab all her own...?” It was like dangling candy in front of a young child for him to say that, and he certainly seemed the type to hang out in alleys luring children with candy. His offer however, was suddenly very tempting, working outside the Gotei's rules was not really her concern as she did not plan on doing anything of an illicit or dangerous nature, but to have something her low ranked self would not be able to earn without years of rising through the ranks was incredibly enticing. “N-no, I shouldn't...”

“There's...there's no aliens on Mars.” Oshime said with a sigh, breaking away from her fantasy of her own laboratory for a moment. On the other hand, sending him to Mars would also get him out of her hair and with no chance of avoiding the fate of the sweeper. “But if you want to see first hand, I can arrange a trip there for you. Can't promise you a return trip, though...”
Oshime
Oshime

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum